PDA

View Full Version : new gear nob /rear clusters

supernova1983
30-04-03, 06:36 PM
how do u get the old gear knob of in nova cut off?

and how easy is it to change rear clusters getting clear ones

cheers

red_devil
30-04-03, 07:00 PM
its piss easy to change the rear clusters.... just 2 bolts and take the connections off the back and reverse to fit new ones.... BIG THING THOUGH.... you need an extra fog lamp due to the clears not having one.

Pull on the knob (no stop typing sarcastic comments now) and hope it comes off otherwise that to it with a stanley knife... pressuming you don't plan to keep it

Fester
30-04-03, 08:04 PM
the gearknob is bonded on yeah ive just cut them off in the past

the system of 3 crappy grub screws is the shittest ever though i mean after a while they just spin round it totally detracts from driving the car so put put plenty of araldite on to make it permanenet, do it last thing so it has overnight to set

dont worry about sticking it as the original is mean to be a permanent bonded solution and you can remove the shaft by itself anyway

rear clusters are 3 bolts yeah 2 at top 1 at bottom the 2 at the top are on their own the one at the bottom has a small plate which pulls them in to the car bodywork just hold the plate level as youre tightening it and then you can let go when it bites and do it up.

dont go too overboard when youre tightening them up you can always nip them up later if needs be but ragging the threads isnt a hot move

supernova1983
30-04-03, 09:22 PM
can u get clear rear clusters with the fog light in them ? surley they are the same as the rear clusters that are standard just clear????

mikeoxford
30-04-03, 11:36 PM
can u get clear rear clusters with the fog light in them ? surley they are the same as the rear clusters that are standard just clear????

yes depends if you buy "e-makred" clusters or not

emarked are LEGAL ones with a fog in also

the others probly dont

Nova Full
09-05-03, 10:48 AM
I have a 206 rear fog light, so if you've got a fog light then none e-marked clear rears are ok?

mikeoxford
09-05-03, 04:47 PM
I have a 206 rear fog light, so if you've got a fog light then none e-marked clear rears are ok?

whereve u put the foglight?

Nova Full
09-05-03, 08:42 PM
I haven't put it anywhere as yet, i marked out an area to cut out in the centre on my rear bumper but i'm thinking of putting one each side, sort of simlar positions to astra MK2's maybe a bit closer to the corners of my bumper