PDA

View Full Version : springs

jettasrfab
30-04-03, 06:32 PM
just been looking at my mates nova to see that the front springs have no gaps they are all together when parked, its supposed to eb lowered 35mm and its just way to low

ade
30-04-03, 07:25 PM
spring collapsed?

Shock collapsed?

hows it handle?

:?

Fester
30-04-03, 07:26 PM
theres not a lot anyone can do m8

sounds like the springs are fucked, or your mates been given the wrong ones

jettasrfab
30-04-03, 07:33 PM
i didn't say this but when i drove it it handeled better than my jetta, :oops: but going back to an old topic of mine, it knocks on right hand corners. just don't get it 16" alloys on supposed 35mm and there in the arches big style ruined the alloys made a right mess

mikeoxford
30-04-03, 11:14 PM
summats not right

Nova-Boy
01-05-03, 09:13 AM
I would say so!! No gaps in the springs means that they wouldn't compress any futher! Is that not liek driving with no suspension (apart from rebound)

jettasrfab
01-05-03, 06:34 PM
its like driving on stones, hes gonna get some uprated standard suspension. its got 16's so should be ok

ade
01-05-03, 10:27 PM
the shocks fcuked!

weight of the front is compressing the spring. Its possible if its been like it for a while the springs shot too. get it renewed asap! Dangerous

Aint gonna do the rest of the suspension area any good (shocks through car, handling etc)

Ade
:(

fearless
01-05-03, 10:43 PM
Shockers only control the ossolations of the spring - they dampen out the bump and rebound of the spring
Your problem of your springs compessed fully (ie - coil bound) is probably caused by a weak spring or incorrect poundage
You need to check the poundage of the spring -
Should be anyware between 160 Ibs and 250 Lbs (could b more if circuit car) depending what spec springs your running.

R ur springs for a nova, what make r they, r they standard platform struts, wide platform (ie pilbeam work struts) or 2.25 inch platform ??

mikeoxford
01-05-03, 11:28 PM
i reckon the wrong springs been supplied

Dicko
02-05-03, 12:18 PM
ye but............

can you think of a car that weighs so much less than a nova?

i cant think of any that would use similar springs and be so much leighter