PDA

View Full Version : need K&N help on GSi, PLS.

nova_geezer
30-04-03, 10:33 AM
I had my last car written off by some FCUK working for Pizza hut which was a NOva 1.4 SRi. I have jus been paid out and saved up and now have a Nova GSi. I managed to salvage my K&N filter from my SRi.

Problem: I looked inside the GSi engine bay and ontop of the airbox there is this big Jetronic metal box which seems to have a plug going into it leading to the injectors or somthing.

In my SRi the air box was jus on its own and that was it, jus take it out put in the K&N and weyhey. I dont really want to be spending 60quid on another K&N. How can i fit my K&N to this system.

Where would this jetronic box go if the airbox comes out, its all connected to the air flow seems.

HELP

James.

elsey197
30-04-03, 10:41 AM
With the induction kits for the gte's and early gsi's you get a braket which the airflow meter bolts to then the airfilter bolts onto the airflow meter :)

Dicko
30-04-03, 10:43 AM
urs will not fit as it is, however i got a green cotton airfilter which was designed to fit either and comes with the adapter. It shud still be in the garage and im prepared to give it ya if you get ya car :)

dathers
03-05-03, 12:19 AM
deamon tweeks sell the bracket you need for about 10 or 15 quid.
Dave