PDA

View Full Version : General Insurance stuff - Liverpool victoria

Will
29-04-03, 05:42 PM
i rang up liverpool vic today to get a quote, freephone number cant complain at that one :) got thru to a random women asks details of me and car etc etc.

Got the Quote to 550 odd and thought that was pretty good, ask her abt modifications cause they didnt ask me while quoting! lol, neway said it was a 1200 changed for 1400 engine, shes says "my computer doesnt have a 1400 sting" KHHHHHHHHHHHHH bloody women! i tried to explain, she went to underwriters twice and then said they wudnt insure me and hung up.

After being pissed off i rang back 4 hours later, got a friendly women who told me "engine changes are not a problem sir" after going thru the quote again i got it at ?622 under their new policy.

The new policy which "as i see it" began on 1st April, it now means that you insure the engine that the car came from. E.g. 1.0 with gsi engine? insurance as a 1.6 gsi car.

Even worse 1.2 insuring as a LET from a cally, your insuring the nova as same price for the cally turbo :o :o :o

Anyway i wondered wot u lot thought of this, i am gona be gettin other quotes over next few days hopefully :D

will

wisewood
29-04-03, 05:57 PM
well with the examples given ie. 1.0 car with 1.6 gsi engine in and you pay gsi insurance thats fair enough > because you are technically driving a gsi anyway.

However, paying cally turbo insurance for a turbo'd nova is a good deal if you ask me > coz you got better performance than the cally coz of the weight difference :lol:

as for that first woman you spoke to, fookin phone and ask to speak to a manager or something and complain about her putting phone down on ya.

ade
29-04-03, 07:30 PM
lol - call centres!

I work in them - funny places - calls drop all the time - usuall;y when yer on hold or when youre being transferred and 90% of the time they are leggit call drops!

The thing is - courtesy would dictate that she called you back.

Pretty ggod news ref the engine mods. Good price

Snowface
29-04-03, 08:25 PM
would fitting a weber 32/34 to a 1.2 up the insurance much if any? it shluld do.
And can you get away with fitting a high lift cam (kent cam) to a 1.2? will they check that sort of thing?

ZuG
29-04-03, 10:43 PM
So if I put a GSI engine, into my nova, id pay exactly the same as the insurance on a GSI?. Is it possible to get insured for under a grand 20yr old 1 yncb?

Dave_Hay
29-04-03, 10:56 PM
OK........

what the hell did you expect them to say?

oh well insure you for a bigger engine the same as we would for the smaller engine.

dont quite work like that!

and before anyone replies yes they may have done it in past but there changes there ways for a number of obvious reasons.....

Knight
29-04-03, 11:26 PM
well im 17. got a quote of ?1260 from them on a 1.2merit, they were ?500 cheaper than anyone else and believe me ive been ringing around a lot. They didnt even ask me if it had an alarm or any mods. Its still same bog standard engine etc.. but jap style kit, lowered 60mill, alloys & back box. lol think i should declare em? or keep shtum. i did tell her but she said it dont matter so i din go any further than the alloys :)

PeteG
30-04-03, 12:18 AM
Thought that LV were the centree for all sorts of strange goings on with their policies of late. I think you can forget the LET nova idea tho, Accordign to that thread on MIG,they've woken up a bit.

Anton
30-04-03, 07:58 AM
anyone got LV's number?

Will
30-04-03, 11:37 AM
Look in the guides "other" and guide to insurance, plenty of numbers there :P

Breeny
30-04-03, 12:54 PM
Insurance Sucks :o

Even worse 1.2 insuring as a LET from a cally, your insuring the nova as same price for the cally turbo

Thanks for that mate! :lol:

wisewood
30-04-03, 12:57 PM
24 insurance companies web sites linked to in the novaload.net links thing that i set up the other week...

try that, and of course read through the guide that will set up too coz i read it and its pretty useful.

Nova-Boy
30-04-03, 01:10 PM
I got quoted over ?2500 tpo on that yound driver insurance for my 1.2!!! :lol: