PDA

View Full Version : Technology & Old people

Shaun
15-05-10, 12:11 PM
Really do not mix and are pissing me off.

Do not buy your phone in argos and come to me for a tutorial on hoe to use the fecker.

Grrr they boil my piss.....

Closing the shop half day now and going for a pint or 2 before more work on the novas later..

Rant over lol

novaguy08
15-05-10, 01:01 PM
Yeah get that too. Its amazing how the one time that I dont set the phone up for them they go away and put the sim card in the wrong way up!

My favorite was the time someone come in and said that the top up voucher I had printed out wasn't working, he had been to carphone warehouse who also couldn't get it to work, I took his phone off him and put it on there in seconds! lol

Im thinking of starting an oldies tech classes, fiver a time and see if i can teach them how to use them! lol

Shaun
15-05-10, 01:04 PM
what shop you work for fella?

novaguy08
17-05-10, 07:07 AM
Netto

Stuart
17-05-10, 09:41 AM
I have also found that 'old' folks seem to use text typing in sms's way more than us yoofs lol.

I ignore them and get asked if I got the text, so I say I did but it was in some screwed up language so didnt bother looking lol.

mowgli
17-05-10, 10:10 AM
i find technology to be fine... its the tw@ts that write instruction manuals that get my vote for the firing squad....... they are written by nerds, for nerds... the plain english society was set up for a reason.........

Pete
17-05-10, 11:14 AM
i find technology to be fine... its the tw@ts that write instruction manuals that get my vote for the firing squad....... they are written by nerds, for nerds... the plain english society was set up for a reason.........

Lmfaoo 100% true :thumb:

Stuart
17-05-10, 11:23 AM
the best technology needs no manuals :)

Jack
17-05-10, 11:54 AM
I rarely bother with manuals (only maybe to confirm settings etc). If there's something I can't do, especially on a phone, by simply guessing, that means its too hard to me to do on a regular basis (and I'll probably forget how to do it in future anyway lol)

I have also found that 'old' folks seem to use text typing in sms's way more than us yoofs lol.
My dad does that, makes a point of typing in txt - even with predictive text. It takes about 2 minutes for him to write a short message that would therwise take about 10 seconds using predictive text. I've even known him to delete a properly spelt word, to replace it with the txt version lol

Lee
17-05-10, 12:02 PM

I ignore them and get asked if I got the text, so I say I did but it was in some screwed up language so didnt bother looking lol.

My mum insists on texting in capitals so it always seems like she's shouting at me lol. It also takes her about 7 months to reply to anything, by which time ive forgotten what we were talking about.

Southie
17-05-10, 12:20 PM
My parents are quite up to date on technology even in there mid 60's but my mother is terrible at text messages, she never puts spaces between the words :roll:

Pete
17-05-10, 02:04 PM
My parents are quite up to date on technology even in there mid 60's but my mother is terrible at text messages, she never puts spaces between the words :roll:
lmfao lol my gran does that, or i get - between each word becuase shes not use to using the space button lol

napalm_27
17-05-10, 02:19 PM
my old man and old dear txt me and i instantly ring them after lol
they are both on pay as you go and im the only one in the family on contract.. i think they do it on purpose so they dont waste there credit lol

NovaLad
17-05-10, 02:21 PM
The thing that winds me up is your elders blab on all your life about ''make sure you read the instructions'' then when it comes to them they want to be shown!!!!!!!
WTF!