PDA

View Full Version : nova gte in scrapyard

karlgardner
14-05-10, 11:19 PM
on thursday took a visit to a scrappys in glagow and found a nova gte in white to my surprise when my mate oppened the bonnet the inner wings and turrets were mint front pannel was pretty mint too in fact the shell was a goodie as far as i could see small bit of rot in n/s boot corner looked quite fresh other than some strange burn marks on roof {outsite} looks like it had been sitting underneath something on fire as there was some small bits of melted plastic on ns window and melted spoiler and back light.

16v Nova Kev
14-05-10, 11:23 PM
did you not ask if it was for sale.

karlgardner
14-05-10, 11:36 PM
yeh well first asked would he let me have the front end off it. light surgery with a stihl saw. but he said no cause it didnt have a certificate for destruction issued and was too good a shell so asked how much for the whole care £400 dont have the time or money for a project hopefully someone from here can save it. deffo worth a good look

karlgardner
15-05-10, 09:41 AM
far to good a shell to go to waste

grooge
15-05-10, 10:09 AM
is it the scrappy in mckean st?? its been there for ages

karlgardner
15-05-10, 11:13 AM
yeh it is a white 1 never got a real good look but seems gleaming and solid under the bonnet

Spudly
15-05-10, 11:48 AM
Pics or it was all a dream :p

Sloth
15-05-10, 01:02 PM
too expensive tbh, £200 max

wwmnw
15-05-10, 01:15 PM
too expensive tbh, £200 max

In my opinion £400 sounds like a fair enough price if its that clean and only light cosmetic damage.

brainsnova
15-05-10, 01:15 PM
thats one thing i hate about scrappys they dont budge on the price then just crush it and get a fraction back

wwmnw
15-05-10, 01:19 PM
thats one thing i hate about scrappys they dont budge on the price then just crush it and get a fraction back

Funny you say that, I was at a scrappy the other day looking for an engine with some mates, one guy had the engine in my mates wanted (C16XE I think) the guy wanted £225 for a bare engine (no box ecu loom) oh how I laughed, I sold a C16XE not long ago for £190 with all running gear (although I was haggled down £60 lol)

Edd
15-05-10, 01:32 PM
Scrapyards love to overprice parts,

£60 down here for a standard sh!t rusty Nova rear beam lol

brainsnova
15-05-10, 01:33 PM
scrapyards need a street wise worker imo for realistic prices.

dc1984
15-05-10, 01:44 PM
seen this nova the first day it came in, its been sittn there for months now

Dan Stanley
15-05-10, 04:50 PM
The worst bit about scrappy's is that they'll have a mint car like that and than dump another car on top of it!! Or ram a huge forklift through it to move it!
:mad:

dc1984
15-05-10, 04:57 PM
my mate has a scrap yard down renfrew (glasgow)
went down to get some parts and found a van sitting on top of a merc e190 cosworth!!!! gutted

vaughanmc
15-05-10, 04:58 PM
It does exsist because I bought the parcel shelf and airbox from it :)

Very very expensive scrappy that!

dc1984
15-05-10, 05:04 PM
give me a shout bud next time your needin anythin bud;)

vaughanmc
15-05-10, 05:07 PM
Will do :)

karlgardner
15-05-10, 05:54 PM
al try get pics of it next time am down that way.

grooge
15-05-10, 07:05 PM
seen this nova the first day it came in, its been sittn there for months now

aye my mate was there the day it came in aswell stripping an xr2 and an xr3 for parts. from what i remember he asked the owner about it n was told it was parked next to a car that went on fire. and insurance wrote it off maybe?? not too sure on that bit.
iirc he wanted 700ish for it as it was when it came in.
wats the name of your mates scrappy?, my whole familys from renfrew but av not been over in a while, thought the only place there was the big place next to the river n they only keep new stuff, renfrew car breakers i think its called? laughed at my brother when he asked for parts for a mk3 astra lol

vaughan, i think hes only expensive for some stuff. like the cars he has sittin on the left as soon as you go in (r5gtt, nova, xr3s last time a was there) because he knows not many places have these. i got parts for a polo off him and wern't too expensive.

dc1984
15-05-10, 07:19 PM
renfrew car breakers is my mates bud, not sure who ye aked, but they normally have 4 or 5 mk3 astras at any one time:$

grooge
15-05-10, 07:32 PM
hmm, i'll double check i'm not spouting ****e or got wrong name then.

dc1984
15-05-10, 07:34 PM
lol it might of been one of the young lads who wouldnt know what a mk3 astra was;)

karlgardner
15-05-10, 08:39 PM
aye my mate was there the day it came in aswell stripping an xr2 and an xr3 for parts. from what i remember he asked the owner about it n was told it was parked next to a car that went on fire. and insurance wrote it off maybe?? not too sure on that bit.
iirc he wanted 700ish for it as it was when it came in.
wats the name of your mates scrappy?, my whole familys from renfrew but av not been over in a while, thought the only place there was the big place next to the river n they only keep new stuff, renfrew car breakers i think its called? laughed at my brother when he asked for parts for a mk3 astra lol

vaughan, i think hes only expensive for some stuff. like the cars he has sittin on the left as soon as you go in (r5gtt, nova, xr3s last time a was there) because he knows not many places have these. i got parts for a polo off him and wern't too expensive. yeh mate still on the right hand side next to what looks to be a quite mint black xr3i cab

grooge
15-05-10, 08:45 PM
he seems to get quite a few cars i dont see in any of the other scrappys right near me. he had a lovely low milage xr2 last year. previously owned by a friend of a friends friend of my brothers lol was mint n he rolled it just after buying it. made me sad cos i wanted one at the time.

karlgardner
15-05-10, 09:02 PM
he seems to get quite a few cars i dont see in any of the other scrappys right near me. he had a lovely low milage xr2 last year. previously owned by a friend of a friends friend of my brothers lol was mint n he rolled it just after buying it. made me sad cos i wanted one at the time. got the door cards off it for my mates the 1 that came from cloverleaf cars with the cloverleaf sill plates lol looked a tidy 1 too and yeh your right he seems to pick up little gems

hendrix
15-05-10, 11:20 PM
our scrappies arent too bad. x16xe's complete all day long for 100. used to get c20xe for 150 and he sold a let once for 350.
Problem is the nova's have really dried up so dont really get much any more

bazil
16-05-10, 12:00 AM
That gte has been front ended, it's had a front panel, both wings, bonnet and inner wings replaced, the rear chassis legs are covered in shutz but are quite rotten, the wiring loom has been chopped and as said the guy want £400 with NO log book as it was written off, the inner wings cannot be cut out as they were mig welded in when it was repaired.

grooge
16-05-10, 12:40 AM
hendrix, i'd say novas dried up round here a good while ago. i can only remember seeing about a dozen in the last couple of years.

have a quick glance at it then bazil?? lol

bazil
16-05-10, 12:43 AM
Aye, I was in getting a peugot 206 front bumper and had a good look at it tbh I would bother with it, it has a fantastic n/s door but at £80 it's to pricey, the bonnet has no rust either but has a good few little dings on it, oh it also has no chassis numbers on the floor lol

dj_wudgey
16-05-10, 11:06 AM
well i hope it gets saved! Novas like gtes are geting scarce so i hope it gets saved!

vaughanmc
16-05-10, 03:26 PM
It's a dunger mate lol