PDA

View Full Version : Pullys

Trendall
13-05-10, 10:45 PM
hi i have been looking at buying race/rally pullys for my 1.2 nova carb'd what are the advantages and dis advantages to this? also im currently using a electirc buffer and G3 paste to bring the original paint back up. working well but on the curves fo the body its going down to the metal any tips on how to do this propery. thanks james

Trendall
13-05-10, 10:55 PM
anyone? please help

Bubba
13-05-10, 11:29 PM
hi i have been looking at buying race/rally pullys for my 1.2 nova carb'd what are the advantages and dis advantages to this? also im currently using a electirc buffer and G3 paste to bring the original paint back up. working well but on the curves fo the body its going down to the metal any tips on how to do this propery. thanks james

NEVER EVER EVER EVER use g3!

super resin! it takes longer but it doesnt **** up the edges.

bazil
13-05-10, 11:33 PM
G3 is a rubbing compound not a polish lol

craig green
13-05-10, 11:37 PM
The pulley wont do feck all, infact tuning the 1.2's is tipping money down the drain anyway.

burgo
14-05-10, 01:02 AM
if youve gone down to the metal already you need a respray so you may as well stop polishing lol. also theres no such thing as race pulleys for a 1.2, gotta love the grand turismo generation

Jackroadkill
14-05-10, 12:00 PM
The pulley wont do feck all, infact tuning the 1.2's is tipping money down the drain anyway.

Yup.

Shaun
14-05-10, 12:01 PM
grand turismo generation

:cool:

Steve0011
14-05-10, 12:20 PM
i bet you have been using the G3 without water???

also dont be tempted to use T-Cut EVER as it has amonia that bleaches paint, turns a red car pink!

soulds like you have fooked your paint, respray needed. you might get away with just the effected panels, i just hope you have'nt done the whole car :(

Stuart
14-05-10, 12:48 PM
as it has amonia that bleaches paint, turns a red car pink!

Never knew that :thumb:

lol @ race pulley... you mean an adjustable venieeeeer pulley, yes you can fit oen but it wont make ANY POSITIVE difference on the std cam (infact they make toss all difference on stuff upto Kent ASt2's lol)