PDA

View Full Version : safety devices rollcage

smirty
13-05-10, 10:11 PM
have got a rear cage but can the front sections be brought seperatley from anywhere? looked about on the web but cant find anythin just whole cages.

craig green
13-05-10, 10:35 PM
Have you asked/phoned/emailed Safety Devices?

bmw156
13-05-10, 10:36 PM
Have you asked/phoned/emailed Safety Devices?

thats far to easy for anyone!

craig green
13-05-10, 10:38 PM
The obvious one would be to put out an announcement on the tannoy tomorrow morning at Kings Cross? See what anyone comes up with...

smirty
13-05-10, 11:02 PM
aint much point phoning now is there iam goin to phone tomorow but thought someone might have already tried :roll:

craig green
13-05-10, 11:35 PM
No offence. pal.

My guess is its available seperately like you want, assume you have the door bar fixers on your uprights etc?

smirty
13-05-10, 11:51 PM
no fixers at all on my cage :(. will have to see tomorow what they say may be able to buy the fixers with the front bars and weld them on.

hendrix
13-05-10, 11:52 PM
my safety devices cage has all separate bars etc so chances are you'd probably be able to source something from them.

craig green
13-05-10, 11:55 PM
no fixers at all on my cage :(. will have to see tomorow what they say may be able to buy the fixers with the front bars and weld them on.

Mine has them welded on & was only purchased from them as a rear cage. LOL

smirty
14-05-10, 12:12 AM
doesnt even look like there should have been any on there

MattBrown
14-05-10, 12:44 AM
You have a half cage then.

No use, sell it and buy a full one.

Cheaper.

Also, the half show cages arent very strong, as IIRC theyre not CDS tubing.

bmw156
14-05-10, 07:17 AM
doesnt even look like there should have been any on there

someone might have ground them off flat. for looks.

and matt brown. if its not CDS i will be suprised.

Mark
14-05-10, 07:53 AM
Also, the half show cages arent very strong, as IIRC theyre not CDS tubing.

He hasn't got a 'show cage' he has a Safety Devices Rear cage....

Mark
14-05-10, 07:55 AM
Smirty, they defo used to do a 'kit' to upgrade to a complete cage but you had to weld the fittings to the rear and the price was so bad it was cheaper to buy a 2nd hand complete devices cage. I asked about 3 years ago.

smirty
14-05-10, 06:05 PM
cheers mark will get i contact with them still just to see how much it is if they still do it. got the rear cage for peanuts anyway. not worried about welding them in only really after the bars for the front from uprights to front floor pan, could kn ock up my own door bars and windscreen bar

kent14sr
14-05-10, 06:36 PM
Front section is/was available from safety devices as I bought the bits when I rolled my rally car a few years ago - not cheap though iirc

A call to safety devices or demon tweeks would be the best idea.