PDA

View Full Version : Number Plate Crackdown

Nova_Sean
13-05-10, 04:20 PM
UK Street Cars has just been told by a very reliable source that starting Monday 17th May the DVLA are having a two week nationwide clamp down on modified or even slightly adjusted number plates!!!

Please spread the word NOW!!!

Dunno how much truth is in it, just a heads up

Pistol Pete
13-05-10, 04:44 PM
Good. Chavved up number plates FTMFL.

Nova_Sean
13-05-10, 04:56 PM
to be fair though, i did see R2D2 CUM on an RX-7 today! Almost crashed laughing!

Stuart
13-05-10, 05:01 PM
fingers crossed my dash mount is still 'fine' lol

Mind you it is a full size legal plate :)

Adam
13-05-10, 05:10 PM
lol lol

How can the plate in the windscreen be "fine" :p lol

brainsnova
13-05-10, 05:12 PM
i dont want a massive plate on my vespa so tiny plate for me :d

Stuart
13-05-10, 05:17 PM
lol lol

The local police with the ANPR Sentinal cars seem happy, even waved me on when they were doing one of those "pull random cars over to a massive layby" thing lol

MattBrown
13-05-10, 05:19 PM
lol lol

Quoted by my mate who does "Mot's"

The vehicle must show a white plate to the front, and a yellow to the rear, the sizes etc must be to the standards, ut location only states visablelol

Adam
13-05-10, 05:22 PM
Illegally spaced/lettered number plates are visible.....

So thats a bit of a dodgy regulation/rule to quote lol lol

20quid says anpr/spec cams cant read a number plate through glass.

MattBrown
13-05-10, 05:24 PM

20quid says anpr/spec cams cant read a number plate through glass.£20 says upsidedown K is the best idea ever.

And, having a plate on upside down is not a crime:thumb:

MK999
13-05-10, 05:26 PM

20quid says anpr/spec cams cant read a number plate through glass.

Should be able to, it takes a digital image and recognises the letters etc, only problem might be it sat at an angle or something or windscreen wipers obscuring it, as long as it really is visible ANPR should be fine.

AlexW
13-05-10, 05:31 PM
Uh, best change mine again then.

djshaggeh
13-05-10, 05:38 PM
I have pressed plates with the dutch logo instead of the eu. Am I going to get ****ed like an illegal immegrant?

Bubba
13-05-10, 05:42 PM
I have pressed plates with the dutch logo instead of the eu. Am I going to get ****ed like an illegal immegrant?

oh hell yes :thumb: £30fine.

unless it was MOT'd in germany ;) (or so the rumor goes)

Spudly
13-05-10, 05:54 PM

Yes it is, we did it to a mate and he got fined £30 for it, we ended up coughing up the £30 for it aswell:cry: its incorrectly displayed, it has to be the right way up, technically so does your tax disc too apparently!

draper
13-05-10, 05:56 PM
£20 says upsidedown K is the best idea ever.

biggest load of bollox ive ever heard tbh

it might 'fool' the anpr but normally round here theres a crew of coppers waving over the cars that flag up and you WILL get flagged up

it wont beat speed cameras as most are read by an actual person before the fine is sent out

plus, any copper behind you etc will pull you over for a 'chat' everytime they see you

MattBrown
13-05-10, 06:06 PM
biggest load of bollox ive ever heard tbh

it might 'fool' the anpr but normally round here theres a crew of coppers waving over the cars that flag up and you WILL get flagged up

it wont beat speed cameras as most are read by an actual person before the fine is sent out

plus, any copper behind you etc will pull you over for a 'chat' everytime they see you

Still doesnt mean its illegal.

According to a copper that pulled us on the mopeds its not, as my mates was always upside down (He is retarded)

Find me the law?

As even the copper said, theres fk all I can do to you

We justlol in his face:d

Connor
13-05-10, 06:07 PM
I got pulled the other week for having my numberplate on my dash,
didnt get fined though, think he fell sorry for me as it was snapped in half lol

draper
13-05-10, 06:16 PM
Still doesnt mean its illegal.

According to a copper that pulled us on the mopeds its not, as my mates was always upside down (He is retarded)

Find me the law?

As even the copper said, theres fk all I can do to you

We justlol in his face:d

:roll: but if your still getting pulled over for it it hasnt worked has it ?

Jon_nova1
13-05-10, 06:45 PM
erm, yeah, what all these say, your implying your upside down K is a sure way to avoid the crackdown, but you'll be flagged on every numberplate recognition camera

as for the reliable source, since when have every police force worked together? one police force may do it, but every one in the UK won't lol

Jack
13-05-10, 07:56 PM
Why? ANPR can still read it :confused:

As for the upside down plate, you said that before Matt and I told you then to go read the law. Obviously you haven't. lol

Tis a good thing IMO. Gayhat plates are... gay.

Adam
13-05-10, 08:28 PM
Yeah pressed plates are illegal over here, mine failed mot on them.

djshaggeh
13-05-10, 10:49 PM
Gash.

Cheers for the heads up though. A few people have said me I'll get pulled for it, but I still haven't. I'll have to practice my german accent or keep the legal ones in the boot.

MK999
13-05-10, 10:57 PM
Ze plates are legalzh in mein country ja?

bazil
13-05-10, 11:02 PM
Yeah pressed plates are illegal over here, mine failed mot on them.

what all pressed plates? Or just the import style ones? Iirc pressed uk plates and old style plastic letters were still legal.

MK999
13-05-10, 11:05 PM
supposedly UK pressed plates with proper fonts and all BS markings on would be legal, but no one supplies them like this.

Iain
13-05-10, 11:07 PM
My mum's old Y reg mk1 Fiesta passes it's MOT fine with original pressed plates. lol

Adam
13-05-10, 11:08 PM
Mine were BS marked and still illegal apparently.

Spudly
13-05-10, 11:11 PM
Mine were BullSh!t marked and still illegal apparently.

Edited for correctness lol

bazil
13-05-10, 11:26 PM
supposedly UK pressed plates with proper fonts and all BS markings on would be legal, but no one supplies them like this.

land rover S111a, my dads front one is pressed and rear has plastic letters, we must have friendly mot inspectors as it passes ok, but some places don't like the sticker type ones,

daverobson
13-05-10, 11:57 PM
oh hell yes :thumb: £30fine.

unless it was MOT'd in germany ;) (or so the rumor goes)

correction, £60 per plate!

hendrix
14-05-10, 12:06 AM
I had my rear plate in the back window, it fell off, at that very moment a copper got me.
Only got a producer :)

daverobson
14-05-10, 12:08 AM
lucky, i got a £60 fine for a vauxhall logo in corner, the rest of the plate was legal. w4ankers

Dave.
14-05-10, 12:56 AM
**** lol

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h80/x_novadose_x/DSC02839.jpg

Stuart
14-05-10, 10:32 AM
MattBrown in talking toss about "teh lawz" shocker lol

Going to start work on my cunning temporary plate holder V soon as I'm considering removing the numberplate plinth :)

Jack
14-05-10, 12:14 PM
Regarding pressed plates....

They ARE legal IF they they conform to BSAU145d, including font style, reflective properties, spacing, conformity markings, dimensions, luminance, thermal, vibration, corrosion requirements blah blah blah. If you want to know the exact specs of BSAU145d, it'll cost you £64. lol

I think Dubmeister make/used to make metal plates which conformed to the regulations, but they (supposedly) made them in Germany or something just in case the law tried to nobble them - as its an offence to manufacture illegal plates for road use in the UK.

As for older cars, I think pre-73 cars are allowed metal plates (also the silver on black jobbers). In the same way that pre-2001(?) cars are allowed to have the old style plates on them with the old font etc.

Stuart
14-05-10, 12:45 PM
also pre 2001 dosent require BSAU markings such as post code of plate maker etc :) V handy for me as I like 100% legally size/fonted plates but NO other markings at all.

Will be a problem on the new family wagon but its not the end of the world lol

mowgli
14-05-10, 01:11 PM
crackdown!!!!!!!!!! any decent mot tester fails the bad ones anyway.... all those dodgy spacings & silver & black plates on modern cars should be instant prohibition notice... cos they will make you MOT an hgv for way less @£100+ for the test & loss of earnings of up to £600, and that is before the traffic commisioner gets involved........

Archie
14-05-10, 02:14 PM
Dubmeister sell legal pressed plates.
Got a set myself, havent fitted them as my private reg is on retention.
2 mates are running them fine, 1 got a fine but visited the ead of traffic with the actual plates, bumf from vosa site and a headed letter from an mot station.
Got the fines dropped including a breach of the peace for losing his rag afyer explaining to the traffic diddys they were legal and showing them all the infoz.

Hobbit
14-05-10, 02:19 PM
I can get pressed ones from my local motor factors.

mowgli
14-05-10, 02:23 PM
I can get pressed ones from my local motor factors.

in cornwall, radial tyres are science fiction..... so pressed plates is pretty new......

dj_wudgey
14-05-10, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Stuart]fingers crossed my dash mount is still 'fine' lol

Mind you it is a full size legal plate :)[/QUOTE my mate had his in the window and got fined 60 for it not being displayed properly!

L33 LEG
14-05-10, 11:48 PM

Even if your stupid way of looking at the law is correct, which i very much doubt :roll: how much of a dick would you look like having a plate on upsides down? lol

Retards.