PDA

View Full Version : *Please Read*

Cjscooby
28-04-03, 11:32 PM
Hiya all

Really in the need of someone who can cut out an weldin some new rear arches so i can get the kit fitted an booked in the bodyshop for spraying but don't want to have to get the bodyshop to do it as they will charge the earth so if you can do it drop me a line with a quote

Cheers
Cj
opelnova@ntlworld.com

frog_southampton
29-04-03, 09:37 AM
what bits do ya need for the arches? can ya get 2nd hand rear arched from scrappie? are they easy 2 take out??

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 09:48 AM
you will need to cut away your arches and get new panles welded in like you say. You wont be able to get them from a scrappy cos the rear arch is part of the whole car! As for prices.

It was about ?22 for a standard rear arch and they wanted ?70 to cut out the old one weld the new one in and spray it all back up at my local bodyshop. I just fixed them myself in the end!

Jim
29-04-03, 09:52 AM
Ask at the bodyshop that your taking the car to. They might not charge as much as you expect. Also, it'll be easier for them to do it all whilst it's in there hands.

Jim

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 10:06 AM
When i was looking at getting the whole car re-sprayed they said they would do that in the price. New arch on one side and roll both arches for no extra cost. I think that must have something to do with most of the labour cost being re-spraying the back quater.

So like Slimjim said. Take it in and see what they say.

Cjscooby
29-04-03, 10:19 AM
i will take it down to them an see what they say, the only reason i wanted to get someone else to do it is cause i want to fit the kit to save on labour

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 10:21 AM
Can you not get the car and kit sprayed at the same time seperate and then fit your kit yourself when you take it home? This would also allow you to change your kit at a later date without having to do some of the car again.

Cjscooby
29-04-03, 10:24 AM
thats true but the Dose Skirts are being blended into the side of the car

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 10:30 AM
Ah well that make my last comment void then!