PDA

View Full Version : england squad rant?

tony k
11-05-10, 10:44 PM
whats everyone think of the england squad,why the hell bring heskey does feck all,also gareth barry he is bloody injured might aswell of put beckham in it

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 01:26 PM
i dont see why he took heskey he's w*nk!!! and always has been w*nk!

rubachuk
12-05-10, 03:15 PM
The Carragher call up irritates me. Been mediocre all season and refused to help the cause over the last 3-ish years, changed his mind now there's a holiday in Sarf Africa going. Hope he's one of the 7 to get dropped.

Heskey, can't work out what he does, certainly it isn't scoring goals. Apparently he's a target man and he holds the ball up, but Crouch does that and scores a bucket full of goals to boot.

Walcott - No, no, no, no, no. Poor season and poor England form since the hatrick v Croatia. I'd say Lennon possibly but his end product is poor, I think the problem is his legs move faster than his brain thinks. Johnson seems a fair option but unproven at this level.

Goalkeeper - Probably Hart for me. Great season, hasn't had a run at international level but until that duffer James stops getting picked (for comedy value I assume) then nobody will get a run.

I think we need to get away from this obssesion we have with playing both Gerrard and Lampard. Neither seem to have had fantastic seasons, particularly Gerrard, but Lampard must've done something right to have bagged another pile of goals. Gerrard on the left seems silly, I'd rather see Joe Cole out there with Gerrard on the bench. Lampard in the middle with Barry if fit, alternatively Milner or Carrick.

Defence picks itself fitness allowing. Johnson, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole.

I really really hope Rooney gets/stays fit, a lot depends on him.

Just a few of my thoughts.

mowgli
12-05-10, 04:15 PM
he picks some players for squads so the others play better & try harder.. if he put a certain player in the squad that, say, 2 others saw as a threat to their chances of playing, the other 2 would start to work hard... this is why they employ him as manager/head coach.......even rooney has said that he isn't sure of being in the starting 11...

rubachuk
12-05-10, 04:56 PM
Of course he said that, he ain't the sharpest for sure, but he's got the sense not to come across as arrogant. Any player publically saying they're a cert for the starting eleven will find themselves dropped regardless of how true it might be.

Unless he was referring to his ropey groin, that may see him out of the 11

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 05:09 PM
im not for carager going hes sh*t and dirty now hes geting old id also go with joe heart he was sh*t hot for us and hes also been good for birmingham! But dont even get me started on heskey!

Edd
12-05-10, 05:14 PM
It's a squad of 30 to be trimmed to 23.

Capello is no way stupid so I would NOT expect Heskey to be on the plane.

Carragher is a good option, looks like Terry has broke his foot today so he is going to be needed IMO

mowgli
12-05-10, 05:15 PM
the true measure of a great manager is if he is brave enough to pick 'unpopular' players... any tit can pick the popular ones (google previous england managers)

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 05:16 PM
caragher is a poo option if you asked me there are much beter than him!