PDA

View Full Version : from carb to injection

sri888
11-05-10, 09:38 PM
Hi just want some basic info required on changing from the carb setup to the mpi system fueling sides of it………

So far I have a new tank fuel. Fuel lines an all the injection system from a c14se engine etc. do I need to run a fuel regulator an a swirl pot ?

Thanks james

mowgli
11-05-10, 09:41 PM
just buy a complete engine, the sensors will already be fitted properly, attempting to convert a carb to stock mpi will be quite difficult

swedge
11-05-10, 09:50 PM
i just fitted a c14se to my 1.0 so if you have any questions ask away

sri888
11-05-10, 10:03 PM
hi, so far ive got a complete c14se with all the runnin gear ;) from a corsa sri. but do i need to use the black box thats under o/s wing thats on a corsa ??? it has 3 fuel pipes too it.......

is it jus as simple an connectin the fuel pipes direct from the original lines that were used when it was a carb ??

im usin a spi tank with a astra mpi fuel pump....

im worried about the fuel pressure :( etc

swedge
11-05-10, 10:07 PM
do not use the fuel pipes from the carb engine as they dont run under prssure

i fitted new 12mm copper pipe to mine and used rubber pipe at the tank to join

the black box will just be like a breather, i never fitted it

sri888
11-05-10, 10:18 PM
so can i jus use 8mm copper pipe then ?? i was hopin to use rubber pipe to connect from the fuel tank to the copper pipe. an from the copper pipe at the engine bay side i was goin use rubber pipe thier too........

will this be strong enough tho.......

do i need a regulator ? to control fuel pressure........ from the fuel pump ?

swedge
11-05-10, 10:21 PM
no you shouldnt as theres a regulator in the fuel rail isnt there

im sure my pump actually has a regulator attached to it as well not too sure but it runs fine without me adding one

yeah using rubber pipe is fine just make sure its ok for pressurised systems

im sure my pipe has in i/d of about 8mm i wouldnt go any smaller

sri888
11-05-10, 11:00 PM
ok thank guys. i wasnt sure if thier was a regulator........ all of this mpi stuff is a bit high tech for melol lol

swedge
12-05-10, 12:25 PM
haha hi tech lol probs ben around for longer then me