PDA

View Full Version : diesel boost problems help

Brettski
11-05-10, 08:04 PM
ok i have noticed for a month or too that the cav seems to be looseing a couple of psi on full chat it is pushing 14-15 psi and when it gets to about 4000 rpm upwards its droping to 11 ish psi any idears wot it could be ?

i have been told its the actuator but are these avalible as new items on there own or do i need a complete turbo unit

discuss :thumb:

burgo
11-05-10, 08:28 PM
either weak actuator or your fuel isn't turned up enough, simple way to find out is turn the fuel up.

Adam
11-05-10, 08:31 PM
Probably a weak actually.
Mine would only make 19/20psi with the actuator shut and fuel all the way up

Balley
11-05-10, 09:56 PM
mine was like that until i removed the white ring, she will now hold 25psi all day long

Brettski
12-05-10, 09:29 PM
well orderd my new actuator today 94 inc vat :eek: :eek:

from a company in warington called camco i must say they were verry helpful and i will be tradeing with them again if i need anything turbo wise lets hope this solves my problem :thumb:

and if anyone knows wot is the standard boost set at on the diesel engine

thanks for the advice again peeps :d

Balley
12-05-10, 09:31 PM
6.8 psi for the 1.5, 10psi for the 1.7

burgo
12-05-10, 09:35 PM

from a company in warington called camco i must say they were verry helpful and i will be tradeing with them again if i need anything turbo wise lets hope this solves my problem :thumb:

thanks for the advice again peeps :ddid you not try turning the fuel up first?

Brettski
12-05-10, 09:46 PM
did you not try turning the fuel up first?

yes and noting happened dude just smoked like a trooper and increased in rpm lol

burgo
12-05-10, 11:07 PM
good good :d. hopefully the actuator will cure it

Count Vaux Alot
12-05-10, 11:42 PM

thanks for the advice again peeps :d

I hope it was the actuator for that money - i could have done you a pre owned good one one for £30

Brettski
13-05-10, 12:32 AM
I hope it was the actuator for that money - i could have done you a pre owned good one one for £30

oh balls :mad:

things always come up when you have paid for them lol

atleast i will be safe in the knowledge that the new actuator should outlast the car for the time i will own it

you dont happen to have a good turbo do you dude as i am going to build up my spares so if things go wrong i can fix asap :thumb:

Count Vaux Alot
13-05-10, 01:36 PM
oh balls :mad:

things always come up when you have paid for them lol

atleast i will be safe in the knowledge that the new actuator should outlast the car for the time i will own it

you dont happen to have a good turbo do you dude as i am going to build up my spares so if things go wrong i can fix asap :thumb:

I do indeed PM me

Brettski
15-05-10, 12:25 AM
all fixed now running seet as a nut spools up quite quick now too so maybe the actuator has been going for a while :thumb: