PDA

View Full Version : Do K&N do a air filter for the Weber 32/34 DMTL?

Snowface
28-04-03, 10:31 PM
If i were to get a Weber 32/34 to go on a 1.3 inlet. Does the old air filter fit back on? Do K&N make special filters for this specific carb? or is it the same as the Pierburg filter?
I've seen here http://www.knfilters.com/Racing/customcarb.htm the custom filters for Weber but it doesn't say about the 32/34 DTML.

Some of u must have these? Know where i can get them?

mikeoxford
28-04-03, 10:33 PM
If i were to get a Weber 32/34 to go on a 1.3 inlet. Does the old air filter fit back on? Do K&N make special filters for this specific carb? or is it the same as the Pierburg filter?
I've seen here http://www.knfilters.com/Racing/customcarb.htm the custom filters for Weber but it doesn't say about the 32/34 DTML.

Some of u must have these? Know where i can get them?

with the carb there is an adapter plate so you can make your old airbox fit.

DO NOT BUY A K&N for a 32 34.

it put nice dents in your bonnet, and also i think novanutter will tell u it hinder his performance completely

you want a ram air filter.

completely difrent design, and WELL recommended by velos.

ask ade for a part number as he will tell you he got one recently from my / velos recommendation

i havent got a pt number on my receipt for some reason

it is a complete bolt on kit the same, just buy it and ull never look back ;)

Snowface
28-04-03, 10:40 PM
so are th Ram Air filters better than the K&N for that carb?

with the carb there is an adapter plate so you can make your old airbox fit.

and does that mean that a Pierburg 2e3 K&N fits it also?

mikeoxford
28-04-03, 10:45 PM
so are th Ram Air filters better than the K&N for that carb?

not just for that carb

better in the long run

k&n have that VERY smart and VERY attractive chrome top

but that means air can only get in around the strip around the outside......

so the air needs to take 2 90 degree bends before it gets anywhere and also the strip is very thin

ramaiar filters are a complete dome of foam and allow air in from all angles.

less restrictive, and let a lot more air in a lot easier...........

as for the other qn i dont no im afraid mate

the adpaater plate allows you to slightly modify your old airbox and fit it on

Snowface
28-04-03, 10:55 PM
ok cool. So ram air make one specifi for the Weber 32/34 DTML? I'm looking at getting the direct replacment kit and am guessing it doesn't come with a filter so i need to look out for 1. know of a shop online that does the weber kind?

mikeoxford
28-04-03, 10:57 PM
know of a shop online that does the weber kind?

ask ade he rectly got himself one........

Aragorn
28-04-03, 11:14 PM
ade used the ramair main distributor for the UK cos the shop he went to were crap

Will
29-04-03, 12:53 AM
yes all above is true, k&n do a filter for 32/34, i have it! but velos have seen up to 6bhp LOST due to using that filter, the ramair one is the best go for that.

One word of warning tho, it is quite possible you will get carb freeeze a lot more easily, but the performance factor shud help overlay this.

I am thinking of gettin a ram air one for summer and keep k&n for winter, not sure yet :D

Euan
29-04-03, 12:14 PM
how much are the ram air ones?

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 12:21 PM
i was quoted ?36 from RSM in Lancaster. I think you have to buy the cone filter part that only come in a few sized and then buy a base plate for your carb. ?36 in total!

Snowface
29-04-03, 12:36 PM
have RSM got a website? is that the whole filter set up u got for ?36?

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 12:38 PM
They dont have a web site sorry and i got one for my Birds SJ410 but it is the same price for the Nova. Filter and base plate ?36 complete set up.

Euan
29-04-03, 12:41 PM
how did u all get your long stud bolts out of the inlet manifold.

there a fuckin bitch

rgv_stu
29-04-03, 12:45 PM
mole grips to twist while hitting the top of the stud with a large hammer

they will free off

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 12:46 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They are an absolute b*tch aren't they!! You can get to all of the top ones easy enough cant you. To get the bottom ones you have to use a spanner cos a socket wont fit and do half a turn from one side of the pipes and then half a turn from the other side. If you are lucky then the nut will come loose and you can then do it by hand. If your un lucky then the whole studs will come out!!

Took me about an hour to get it off!! Be patient. I was nearly crying. It was dark and i had to get back home and i had no inlet on my car!!

That or take the head off!!

ade
29-04-03, 05:30 PM
ram air by far the best - great noise too!

Part number for weber 32/34 is rs2,239 with 40mm filter (402)

My base plate came and was a little off so had to mod it slightly - just a wee snip off one side though - easy.

Went on in 10 mins.

Ade

Snowface
29-04-03, 08:07 PM
cool. cheers m8.

Snowface
29-04-03, 10:56 PM
it looks like they sell Ram air filters here http://larkspeed.com/pages/productpages/perf_ramair_bolt.htmland they say for weber DMTL. Is that the same as a DTML? i heard someone say it was.

mikeoxford
29-04-03, 11:18 PM
it looks like they sell Ram air filters here http://larkspeed.com/pages/productpages/perf_ramair_bolt.htmland they say for weber DMTL. Is that the same as a DTML? i heard someone say it was.

youll be using a DMTL no such thing as a DTML for a nova ;)

yes they are the ones me and ade use

skidmark
19-06-12, 05:28 PM
Just for the record and for anyone else researching and doing this job - Taking the studs out of the inlet is a peice of warm pi*s and takes about 10 mins

Take the three nuts that came from the studs. Fit all three nuts onto one stud one at a time. Take the first nut and thread it right to the bottom of the available thread. Then add second and third nut tight down onto each other. Each nut is now locked together. Take a spanner and undo the stud anti clockwise using the bottom of the three nuts. Once out put the stud in a vice to remove the nuts one at a time.

Royston
19-06-12, 05:56 PM
I had a K & N on my 32/34DMTL Weber on my SR for years, was a Peter Maiden Components conversion

Mine cleared the bonnet with no issues

Carb iced up in the winter, I use to fit a modified biscuit tim with a hot air feed in winter

Can't comment on the difference in performance with ram air filter as I've never seen one, my car went OK.

skidmark
21-06-12, 07:52 AM
Anyone got a k and n for sale ?

Southie
21-06-12, 08:04 AM
Anyone got a k and n for sale ?

Blowing the cob webs away from this thread.....

Any way here's the new K&N price CLICKYME (http://www.knfilters.co.uk/search/product.aspx?Prod=56-9159)