PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Td- 1700 Td artical???

Balley
11-05-10, 07:25 PM
Right guys I have finnally got a 1.7td for the Nova but can't seem to find the conversion guide any where?

Do any of you guys know how to do it or have you seen the guide?

I know bits of the block have to be cut off, any one got any pictures
What about gear box?
Shafts?
Piping?
Ive been told its not as easy as it looks, this just people putting me off or what?

Am sure the guide was on Mig but can't find it!!!!

Help please!

burgo
11-05-10, 08:09 PM
Right guys I have finnally got a 1.7td for the Nova but can't seem to find the conversion guide any where?

Do any of you guys know how to do it or have you seen the guide?

I know bits of the block have to be cut off, any one got any pictures
What about gear box?
Shafts?
Piping?
Ive been told its not as easy as it looks, this just people putting me off or what?

Am sure the guide was on Mig but can't find it!!!!

Help please!

there is no guide but i have done it. im not quite sure what your getting at about cutting bits off the block :confused:

for starters you need the following off the 1.5 alternator + bracket, engine mount and cam belt cover, theres various sensors off the 1.5 you have to use as the 1.7's use different plugs, theres a bracket on the back of the engine which needs changing as it fouls the steering rack.

you also need to decide what to do about the water take off above the alternator. the problem is because you have to use the 1.5 alternator bracket the water take off is now in the way. two options, cut and re-weld the take off to clear like i did or use the 1.5 set up. i chose the cut and reweld option because the 1.5 pipe is much smaller.

when you go to fit the cam belt cover you will notice it doesnt fit because of one of the pulley bolts, i made a hole for the bolt to fit through.

gearbox again you have two options, you either keep the 1.5 box and use the 1.5 flywheel and clutch which imo isnt really an option if you are going to be turning up the boost. which leaves running the 1.7 box which is a big block gearbox and therefore you need conversion shafts.

piping you basically make it up lol

Balley
11-05-10, 09:38 PM
Cheers fella, would you have any pictures at all?

What gear box did you use?

burgo
11-05-10, 11:46 PM
ive not got any pics of any of the important bits lol

i used the 1.7td box and ran big block shafts and hubs as i had 5 stud :d

Bubba
12-05-10, 12:00 AM
there is no guide but i have done it.

Oh Great Burgo...please tell us...what havent you done lol

burgo
12-05-10, 12:02 AM
still not built the nova limo, amphinova, bike engine into a nova, quite fancy making a saloon pick-up, i wanna make a hatch pick-up and put a v6 in the back, a rear wheel drive saloon. errrr theres bound to be more

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 01:10 PM
still not built the nova limo, amphinova, bike engine into a nova, quite fancy making a saloon pick-up, i wanna make a hatch pick-up and put a v6 in the back, a rear wheel drive saloon. errrr theres bound to be more

well get on with a few then matey if you havent done them lol

burgo
12-05-10, 01:11 PM
well get on with a few then matey if you havent done them lolsure i would love to, you gonna fund the projects for me?

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 01:14 PM
yea why not lol

burgo
12-05-10, 05:07 PM
:d result. which am i building first then?

Jon_nova1
12-05-10, 05:11 PM
the Amphinova since its likely to be the most expensive and Wudgey's paying lol

Balley
12-05-10, 06:37 PM
So if I use the F18, some 22spine shafts with cav inners am there! What about gear linkage and mounts (there the same aren't they)

And what clutch did you use?

Cheers again Dan

Bubba
12-05-10, 06:47 PM
the Amphinova since its likely to be the most expensive and Wudgey's paying lol

you leaving for france in 6 weeks...top gear style lol

burgo
12-05-10, 06:52 PM
So if I use the F18, some 22spine shafts with cav inners am there! What about gear linkage and mounts (there the same aren't they)

And what clutch did you use?

Cheers again Danyou use the 1.5td engine mount, ive got a feeling you need the big block rear spacer :confused: cant remember. gear linkage is the same, theres a lug that need cutting off the box as it fouls the tie rod though.

i was running a standard clutch

burgo
12-05-10, 06:52 PM
you leaving for france in 6 weeks...top gear style loli could build it in two ;)

Balley
12-05-10, 07:09 PM
you use the 1.5td engine mount, ive got a feeling you need the big block rear spacer :confused: cant remember. gear linkage is the same, theres a lug that need cutting off the box as it fouls the tie rod though.

i was running a standard clutch

thank you, I will have a gander at the weekend :D

Count Vaux Alot
12-05-10, 08:02 PM
If you hold tight I'm doing it all ATM as you already know

burgo
12-05-10, 09:06 PM
If you hold tight I'm doing it all ATM as you already knowthe rad take off and pipe that goes behind the turbo, which method are you going for?

Count Vaux Alot
12-05-10, 09:20 PM
I'm going for the 1.5 pipe method as I think The smaller pipe will give me the extra clearance I need between the block and new turbo as it's tight, if the small pipe isn't man enough then I will think again.

I'm also considering replacing the water to oil oil cooler with an air to oil cooler as I think that would be more efficient unless I can find/make a threaded rod to fit an oilcooler take off between the original cooler and filter.