PDA

View Full Version : Itv1 Now!!!!! ELECTION UPDATE!

NovaLad
11-05-10, 05:02 PM
!!!!

NovaLad
11-05-10, 05:02 PM
Breaking news from the election cr4p lol
On for next hour.

Lee
11-05-10, 05:09 PM
Cameron in then. Thats the lesser of two evils

NovaLad
11-05-10, 05:11 PM
Cameron in then. Thats the lesser of two evils
Yup...
Everyone is saying he will either be in tonight or tomorrow by looks of it.

Labour has fallen on it's ar$e!

mowgli
11-05-10, 05:12 PM
why do they prolong the agony............ brown should stop believing his own spin...

jas2000000
11-05-10, 05:16 PM
Cameron in, good job.

mowgli
11-05-10, 05:30 PM
Cameron in, good job.

its the details of the deal with the libdems that is the most important part of this...

if there is a referendum on electoral reform, then that is brilliant... even though it means the BNP etc will get mp's, it will reflect the nations views.
& teach Labour just how to do what the public actually want for a change

the simple fact is that they will need to be able to sort out the economy, and that will be the hard task.

phazer
11-05-10, 05:54 PM
its the details of the deal with the libdems that is the most important part of this...

if there is a referendum on electoral reform, then that is brilliant... even though it means the BNP etc will get mp's, it will reflect the nations views.
& teach Labour just how to do what the public actually want for a change

the simple fact is that they will need to be able to sort out the economy, and that will be the hard task.

:thumb:

sparky
11-05-10, 06:17 PM
Brown has probably barricaded himself in no 10

NovaLad
11-05-10, 06:21 PM
If i was Brown i'd leave a Brown poo in the toilet for the next Prime Minister.

Sloth
11-05-10, 06:22 PM
brown has apparently resigned. thank fook.

Andy
11-05-10, 06:23 PM
Brown has probably barricaded himself in no 10
lmfao or maybe he will do one last scam and subscribe television X for a year and put fuel up to £2 per litre.lol

Andy
11-05-10, 06:23 PM
THANK FUKK FOR THAT!!!!!!!!

mowgli
11-05-10, 07:57 PM
So Tonight We're Gonna Party Like Its 1979

hendrix
11-05-10, 08:04 PM
lol mowgli.

Fingers crossed there is a radical shake up of the country although I doubt that this will happen

Jackroadkill
11-05-10, 09:07 PM
I'll give it 18 months before the next general election.

mowgli
11-05-10, 09:10 PM
I'll give it 18 months before the next general election.

i think the lib dems know just which side their bread is buttered... it was their only chance at power of any form, and given the alternative, they will prefer to keep with the tories

Jack
11-05-10, 09:33 PM
You're happy that unemployment looms for you then? lol

mowgli
11-05-10, 09:34 PM
jack, it was coming anyway.............

Jim Mcrae
11-05-10, 09:35 PM
Oh well, nothing really changes around here anyway, i love the countryside!

mowgli
11-05-10, 09:36 PM
Oh well, nothing really changes around here anyway, i love the countryside!

when the tourists can't afford to visit, you'll feel the pinch too

Jack
11-05-10, 09:37 PM
jack, it was coming anyway.............
No, he'd have been outsourced to private industry but still employed to do the same job as now. Under the tories, he'll just get cut lol

mowgli
11-05-10, 09:39 PM
i thought sloth was emigrating...............

the dole office/job centres is probably the one government dept that will be taking on staff...........

things like nhs admin & defence procurement are where the cuts will happen.....

Jim Mcrae
11-05-10, 09:41 PM
To be fair, it may encourage people who would normally go abroad, to holiday within the UK, when you can camp for £10 a night in Woolacombe, and weather pemitting still have a bloody good time I cant see me being effected, it is always busy, attracting families, stag groups (:tosser:) and surfers. All this volanic ash may become a blessing too.

Jack
11-05-10, 09:43 PM
Defence procurement is doing rather well for itself actually. Its the technical roles that are getting kicked out.

incidentally, the management of said technical people may have all happened to have switched seamlessly to other MOD roles, so very few management and senior CS grades are actually going. Whilst the lowly worker bees all get glued into their jobs (seriously, we - er, I mean they "may" have - pretty much been barred from applying for any other internal jobs)

mowgli
11-05-10, 09:46 PM
To be fair, it may encourage people who would normally go abroad, to holiday within the UK, when you can camp for £10 a night in Woolacombe, and weather pemitting still have a bloody good time I cant see me being effected, it is always busy, attracting families, stag groups (:tosser:) and surfers. All this volanic ash may become a blessing too.

who is charging £10 per night..... or is that per person????? cos my family is 5 and that would still make it too expensive.... even though the pasty & fudge shop is one of the best places on the planet........ last summer there was this amazingly fit girl working there too.

Jack
11-05-10, 09:49 PM
Per pitch isn't it? Most of them down these parts are per pitch.

Jim, is that Europa Park? We had a decent stay down there that time. Shame nobody else turned up!

Fester
11-05-10, 09:50 PM
It was only going to go that way.

Labour and Liberal Democrats together wern't even a majority; the SNP had already snubbed their support for a L-LD coalition so that leaves 'everyone else' to try and group together - no chance lol

Sadly I don't think there will be any meaningful electoral reform now*. I believe if Nick Clegg had forced the issue to the point of not being able to form a coalition with the Conservatives we'd be heading into another election in Autumn and the electorate would lean to the Conservatives in order to see an end to the issue and at least put a solid Government in place for a term and the Cleggster knows this.

*United Kingdom Independence Party (http://www.ukip.org/) - fourth highest votes, no seats. That's not right.

Sloth
11-05-10, 09:50 PM
fixed term of 4 years, and the electoral system overhauled. if the dave and nick show manage this, its a decent thing. judging by reuters, and the conservative websites, and the lib dem sites these ARE going to be the big points.

my job, im not too fussed. cameron isnt stupid enough to destroy the jobcentre completely. yep the programs we have will go, but the service will be the same. his no 10 speech mentioned the public sector being the most important thing for the countrys safety. he aint wrong.

mowgli
11-05-10, 09:51 PM
i stayed in europa park the 1st time i went... pity about the scooter rally up the hill at the big site & 2 toddlers who slept light.....

Jim Mcrae
11-05-10, 09:58 PM
Fit girl was probably Jess, she's mint, as for europa, just dont, Little road way farm do £7 per night and £2 for 5 -16 YO kids, not bad reaaly and you dont get the ****ers.

Hayley
11-05-10, 10:40 PM
Bloomin heck.. Ive been sleeping all day and wake up to a new Prime Minister!!

Thank God for that. I was getting mighty fed up of all the Coverage tbh. Now crack on Cameron and fix everything in the next week please. chop chop lol

Sloth
11-05-10, 10:41 PM
optimistic much /\ lol

MattBrown
11-05-10, 10:46 PM
Yippee, 10% interest rates here we come, my savings will love this:)

If you have a house your fked though lol

NovaLad
11-05-10, 10:51 PM
HAHA bro in law just mortgaged a new house lol.

Hayley
11-05-10, 10:51 PM
Yippee, 10% interest rates here we come, my savings will love this:)

If you have a house your fked though lol

ooo does this mean the cheap mortgage deals might start coming back?? Id love to stop paying someone else's mortgage for a change and finally buy my own place. (2nd time round)

MattBrown
12-05-10, 10:04 AM
ooo does this mean the cheap mortgage deals might start coming back?? Id love to stop paying someone else's mortgage for a change and finally buy my own place. (2nd time round)

Other way round unfortunatelylol

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 01:25 PM
Bloomin heck.. Ive been sleeping all day and wake up to a new Prime Minister!!

Thank God for that. I was getting mighty fed up of all the Coverage tbh. Now crack on Cameron and fix everything in the next week please. chop chop lol

he will fix f*ck all and ruin this country and anyone who is not f*cking minted!!

mowgli
12-05-10, 01:37 PM
he will fix f*ck all and ruin this country and anyone who is not f*cking minted!!

so is labour back in?????? did i miss something????

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 02:01 PM
no mate consrvatives are!

Lee
12-05-10, 03:35 PM

SO you think under Labour, where the banks get the country into huge debt, the public money bails them out, so the banks stop trading on risky deals (ie mortgages) and begin making money again, but dont pay back even a significant amount of that debt back in the short term, despite continuing to pay their employees massive bonuses, was a rosy place to be?

Labour knew they were going to lose, and have been lining their pockets as well as the pockets of all the fat cat bankers whilst we all struggle to get by, and now you rekon cameron is going to f*ck the country??

He is not Maggie Thatcher, although despite what you may think of her, people tend to forget what a sclerotic, union-dominated, over-regulated, inefficient, grimly collectivist state Britain was in when she took over in 1979. If it hadn’t been for Maggie’s firm disciplinary hand, we’d be languishing in the economic league tables somewhere between Albania and Zimbabwe.

Things will probably get worse before they get better, but what choice does Cameron have, he's been given the keys to a sinking ship.

mowgli
12-05-10, 03:38 PM
SO you think under Labour, where the banks get the country into huge debt, the public money bails them out, so the banks stop trading on risky deals (ie mortgages) and begin making money again, but dont pay back even a significant amount of that debt back in the short term, despite continuing to pay their employees massive bonuses, was a rosy place to be?

Labour knew they were going to lose, and have been lining their pockets as well as the pockets of all the fat cat bankers whilst we all struggle to get by, and now you rekon cameron is going to f*ck the country??

He is not Maggie Thatcher, although despite what you may think of her, people tend to forget what a sclerotic, union-dominated, over-regulated, inefficient, grimly collectivist state Britain was in when she took over in 1979. If it hadn’t been for Maggie’s firm disciplinary hand, we’d be languishing in the economic league tables somewhere between Albania and Zimbabwe.

Things will probably get worse before they get better, but what choice does Cameron have, he's been given the keys to a sinking ship.

i think that hits the nail on the head

draper
12-05-10, 03:40 PM

the main people 'he will look after' are the business leaders (who are minted because there succseful) these people are the ones who will get the economy moving again (hopefully) and pull the country back upto its knees and hopefully give a good standing to stand up once more