PDA

View Full Version : sport twin 40's on 1600

novashed
28-04-03, 08:29 PM
ive just secured some twin webbers from a nova sport, will anything need to be changed on the carbs to function efficiently on the GTE engine, ive the appropriate 1600 manifold aswell, any help appreciated on this one

Euan
28-04-03, 10:02 PM
may need rejetted

mikeoxford
28-04-03, 10:06 PM
may need rejetted

WILL need rejetting a tuning

dont go too far without this done

youll melt pistons (or rings :oops: :roll: )

novashed
29-04-03, 12:50 PM
wot larger jets, can i do this as they are in bits anyway, wot needs to be done and where can i gat the bits, mike tour the man for this aint ya, webber experyt now, cars looking sweet by the way :D

Nova-Boy
29-04-03, 12:54 PM
you could start by up-jetting it to the same size jets as the GTE (if the sport ones are smaller) . You will have to get your car running with the carbs on and on a rr to get the best results from jetting and tuninng. You cant be sure of anything if they aren't on the car.

novashed
29-04-03, 06:26 PM
cheers lads, ill have to pop done northants motorsport when their on and get em set up properly

mikeoxford
29-04-03, 07:56 PM
ive got the ratings of the jets and the part numbers somewhere on my PC

if they tell you want idle jets or mains to use let me know and ill source them on the cheap from my webber dealer :D

novashed
29-04-03, 11:18 PM
gonna be a few months till they go in as gotta finish the engine rebuild, thanks though mike ill keep you in mind