PDA

View Full Version : Car cover, which one?

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 06:38 PM
Having black cars are bloody hard work, get dirty so easy with just sitting there. Basically my black bm is always left on the drive and i want it to be polished up perfectly for the odd day a week it is out so instead of building a temporary garage for it i need somesort of cover.

It has to be cheapish, dont want it scratching my paint and want it easily removable so i can quickly take it off whenever i feel like driving it. Oh and ideally want it black or dark grey so it doesnt stand out so much.

Any ideas?

Benn
09-05-10, 06:40 PM
Any and every cover if its out side will leave marks.

Cause dust can get up the inside and then sit under the cover.

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 07:08 PM
The car isnt prestine so will it leave any marks to the normal eye? I just want something to keep the rain and bird crap off it tbh.

Rexy
09-05-10, 07:48 PM
They do a Three layer breathable jobbie from halfords. £60 i think mate has one for his festa thing and its pretty good.

Benn
09-05-10, 08:03 PM
Some marks will almost look like its been flatted off. Like wing corners and mirrors and such.

CoolTiger
09-05-10, 08:07 PM
Most of them, get a tiny bit of wind on it and it blows off.

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 08:09 PM
Il take a trip to halfords and have a look then. Dont want one blowing off though lol

Rexy
09-05-10, 08:14 PM
the halfords one are two straps under the car which are then fasened with buckle clip thingis. Worth a look.

CoolTiger
09-05-10, 08:18 PM
Some marks will almost look like its been flatted off. Like wing corners and mirrors and such.

that is caused by car cover being put on wet and the the sun making it sweat they polish out if caught soon enough :) happens alot in body shops wet car in over plasic bag over in oven baked = marks

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 08:24 PM
the halfords one are two straps under the car which are then fasened with buckle clip thingis. Worth a look.

Il have a look at them, cheers :thumb:

taffnova
09-05-10, 09:06 PM
i use a maypole breathable cover the water resistant and breathable no car cover can be water tight and breath so depends which you want i used three of these now never had prop the elestic front and rear and tie hose in middle the dont blow off

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 09:17 PM
Do you mean one of these?

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/index.cfm?product=714

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 09:20 PM
Quickly searched for them and there was a thread off a scooby forum and they all rate them well enough. A shame they arnt a darker colour though :(

taffnova
09-05-10, 09:21 PM
yeah mate that it

taffnova
09-05-10, 09:22 PM
why colour matter mate

Benn
09-05-10, 09:23 PM
that is caused by car cover being put on wet and the the sun making it sweat they polish out if caught soon enough :) happens alot in body shops wet car in over plasic bag over in oven baked = marks

I know, and no. It happens cause dirt and dust get under the cover and the cover moves. All that means rubbing.

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 09:26 PM
Taff - would prefer a darker colour so it doesnt stand out so much on my drive. saying that my neighbour has a caravan just over the wall next to my cars with a big green cover lol

Benn - Although it wont stop all dust, but my drive is very clean and being behind my house there is no passing traffic or anything like that to chuck crap at the car. The cover will be coming off weekly so i cant see that much dirt getting inside between that time, especially if i fit it correctly.

taffnova
09-05-10, 09:31 PM
dont think maypole do any other cooler i work in motor tade and i never been offered any other colour in this make can of paint might work tho lol to blend in with caravan cover these are good tho joking apart

L33 LEG
09-05-10, 09:59 PM
I might go buy one within the next few days then :)