PDA

View Full Version : buckled wheels

guesty90
09-05-10, 02:50 PM
all rite then my girl friend bought some alloy wheels for her car we went to get them balanced only to find that it was buckled can we get it un buckeld so to speak i.e get it repaird iv not heard of this before but i may be wrong could some one enliten me cheers

mowgli
09-05-10, 03:18 PM
buckled alloy wheels are scrap.......they just don't bend....

if i were you i'd be speaking to the person you bought them off..

Bubba
09-05-10, 03:44 PM
if its a lip flat spot im sure they can be sorted...but i wouldnt recommend it.

bending aluminium and bending it back will put a fatigue line in it making it weaker

bazil
09-05-10, 04:21 PM
Yes it can be done but as said it takes the strenght out of the wheel, I've had sevral 18" wheels damaged to the point of them not holding air and repaired but only used them on the rear of the car so they don't affect the steering balance, in the end I changed all 4 and got a brand new set.
It also depends on the repair method, a bloke with a big hammer is not a repair method, the bloke I goto has machine that's only purpose is to bend the wheels back into shape, costs me about £15 per wheel.

Jack
09-05-10, 09:49 PM
If its just the lip thats bent or flatted, that can be repaired easily - i caught a lip of one of my Kazeras on a pothole and dinted it just enough to expose a bit of the tyre bead, had that repaired no problem. A full on bent rim though, I'd not really want that back on the car.