PDA

View Full Version : Nova TD

Dicko
28-04-03, 11:11 AM
with it being 1500 does anybody know which tax range this falls into.

im not sure if its 1500cc or 1497 as there never spot on.

anybody got 1 and know exactly how much there tax was?

Dicko
28-04-03, 11:12 AM
just to note its 1488cc

and i got 1 last night :D

list easy engine mos below ;)

Dicko
28-04-03, 11:13 AM
12 months
rate ? 6 months
rate ?
Not over 1549cc
110.00 60.50
Over 1549cc
165.00 90.75

hmmmmmmmmmm :D

Ste_Nova
28-04-03, 11:43 AM
lol i still have cheap tax on my 2.0 :lol:

Dicko
28-04-03, 01:18 PM
hahhah :)

do you know of any problems with doing headgaskets on the TD ste? or do u have torq settings? just remembered my haynes doesnt cover the deisels :(

Nova Modder
28-04-03, 03:49 PM
how do u up the boost on a TD nova to make it own 1.6 GTE's ??

Dicko
28-04-03, 03:57 PM
u haveto remove the valve and get a part machined to fit apparently, not realy looked into thsi bit.

find the fuel pump under the inlet manifold and you loosen it off and ajust it. iv seen a guide but cant remember exact details and at work so aint got link on me.

apparently they are just as quick as gte's upto 70 as standard.

also you can remove the airfilter unit which to me looks rediclous as its realy long and does a few big turns before finaly getting to the inlet. by putting a K+N or something on the end of the inlet its suppose to make it whistle very well and make it quicker

Ste_Nova
28-04-03, 04:36 PM
you need to block off the factory dump valve if you want to run over 1 bar boost...
the air system is shit.. just fit a K&N directly onto the turbo
remove the limiter on the diesel pump to get it to rev easier and higher

they are about the same as an sr speed wise.... (in standard form)

mikeoxford
28-04-03, 10:17 PM
TD's fly................

did u get a van or is it a nbromal hatch?

MPG is WICKED also

Snowface
28-04-03, 10:37 PM
how do u up the boost on a TD nova to make it own 1.6 GTE's ??

got to http://www.filterpower.com/ and click on JR TorqueMaster on the navigatoin bar. that gives you up to 30bhp and 72Nm of torque increase. Wether its true is another thing. I guess it must do something. Looks like it does.

Used on Turbo diesels it says. wether it would work on regular diesals i dunno. Is urs a turbo?

mikeoxford
28-04-03, 10:41 PM
Used on Turbo diesels it says. wether it would work on regular diesals i dunno. Is urs a turbo?
goin from the title of the post TD id say so :wink:

Aragorn
28-04-03, 10:43 PM
he needs to wind up the fuelling and fit a bleed valve to the accutator hose thingy

then remove the overboost protection

Snowface
28-04-03, 10:48 PM
goin from the title of the post TD id say so
yeah. i would say so to except dick started the post. and nova modder asked the question on how to boost a TD nova. but looks like i misread Nova modder ne way.
:roll:

mikeoxford
28-04-03, 10:50 PM
goin from the title of the post TD id say so
yeah. i would say so to except dick started the post. and nova modder asked the question on how to boost a TD nova. but looks like i misread Nova modder ne way.
:roll:

PMSL and now im lost too!

so im :oops: :lol:

Dicko
29-04-03, 12:43 AM
cheers guys, had already read up on most of what you had said just wondered if anybody had any guides knocking about

already measured up for the ait filter, my sri fits ok :)

http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_view.php?id=755

if that dont work its in the album under stuff used in forums :)

ydg27
29-04-03, 10:12 AM
hiya,
put a filter on the turbo inlet & it does go better and it whistles mega loud,
put a bleed valve on the actuator pipe, up the fuelling & fit a renault 21 intercooler where the washer bottle is.
use intercooler water mist (dead easy to make!)

i am running a 1.7td nova!!! engine from the cav.
i don't know how to remove the overboost, can anyone help please

Ste_Nova
29-04-03, 11:30 AM
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/t/tdnova.jpg

Dicko
29-04-03, 02:44 PM
isnt that the main feed from the turbo to the inlet ste?

hmm not really looked at the engine to be honest

need to do the headgasket b4 its even gonna run

Ste_Nova
29-04-03, 04:43 PM
no the boosted inlet feed from the turbo comes through the metal pipe to the left...

have you removed the standard airfilter dicko

Dicko
29-04-03, 07:11 PM
ye iv removed the pipes need to remove the box.

do i just pull tht pipe off uv circled and put a filter on the end and leave the pipe off?

or do i remove the chunky piece off the top ofd the engine and fit the filter onto the pipe?

ydg27
30-04-03, 12:23 AM
remove all of the piping except for the metal pipe comming up off the turbo (where ste has circled) & you don't need the standard airfilter set up any more so just remove it

Dicko
30-04-03, 10:00 AM
ok cheers well cant do much until iv sorted the head gasket and actually got it running

just a bit worried if theres something else wrong with it aswell. if so il b tempted with a 1.7 conversion, which i wanted to do but didnt realise id need to get an engine mount made up shame u cant buy them :(

ydg27
30-04-03, 11:00 AM
i can send you a mount if you wish - it is a simple L bracket made from steel, with a nice strong radius on it.
i've got about 5!
and i can get as many as i need/want
cheaply
it utilises the cav engine side mount & the nova chassis side mount, i'll try to get a picture to you if you wish

Dicko
30-04-03, 12:07 PM
cool go on m8 i wanted to do this conversion but after reading what varies people said i decided aganst it.

i was thinking of using an f15 gearbox which i already have :)

Ste_Nova
30-04-03, 12:21 PM
don't use the f15 it will be too revy D boxes rev much lower

for the 17td conversion id convert the full engine to 1.5spec only using the 1.7 block head/sump etc to overcome the engine mount prob

Dicko
30-04-03, 12:24 PM
my f15 doesnt have the very low ratios, my 3rd is the same as my m8s 4th on his corsa gsi

Ste_Nova
30-04-03, 12:50 PM
1.5td
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/x/x15td.jpg
1.7td
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/upload/x/x17td.jpg

Dicko
30-04-03, 12:56 PM
cool

im pretty sure on most deisels there is a fuel primer somewhere that u need to use to pump the deisel through if its run back into the tank.
do you know where it is on the 1.5nova?

i ask becuz the car i got had a screwed headgasket, but id still expect it to try and start, the coils are brand new and working fine, there is fuel in the tank, but if u try to start it just turn over doesnt even try?

ydg27
30-04-03, 01:07 PM
sounds like the same problem i had on my 1.5d, i was 200lb down on compression on my number 4 cylinder (valves stuck wide open) & i would say get a compression check. But if the head gasket has gone it will be well down on compression wont it?

Ste_Nova
30-04-03, 01:19 PM
no there is no primer on the isuzu engines.... when we did the calibra td conversion from petrol we just filled the filter and turned the key... have you tryed cracking open the injector feeds to see if there is any fuel/get any air out

Nova-Boy
30-04-03, 01:22 PM
I'm scared of desiel engines. They always remind me of big slow tractors and things, Although nowadays they are pretty dam good aren't they. Never worked on one and those pics above would scare me if it was my car. I wouldn't know what to do. :lol:

Dicko
30-04-03, 01:36 PM
ydg27 - did urs not try to start at all then even thouh only 1 cylinder gone, i think the gasket has gone on cylinder 4 on this 1

ydg27
01-05-03, 09:53 AM
it would turn over all day but not fire, we had to tow it at 40mph and dump the clutch in 3rd with the accelerator pinned, chuck it into neutral & slow it down with left foot braking, cos you had to keep the revvs right up high other wise it would die, i am ripping the head off this weekend to see what the exact problem was

Dicko
01-05-03, 09:56 AM
ye iv had it turning over fine but doesnt try to fire at all, but it turns over pretty freely like low compression.

i need to take the head off also (when the feckin rain stops)

does that mean u have spare engine parts seen as u live in stoke aswell ;)

ydg27
01-05-03, 04:57 PM
yeah i have a full 1.5d engine and a 1.7 gearbox.
we could meet up if ya want so you can look at my old engine - its still in one piece so i dont know exactly what the matter is.
i can show you me beast as well and you can tell us what ya think

Dicko
02-05-03, 10:48 AM
cool do you ever go down fez park? i havent been sisne i feckd me 16v :(

Nova-Boy
02-05-03, 10:49 AM
i can show you me beast as well and you can tell us what ya think

Ohh you dirty thing! :lol:

ydg27
02-05-03, 11:12 AM
TIGER!

and yeah i go down fez all the time
i am the blue nova with a white front bumper & black havok on the sunstrip & rear screen

Dicko
02-05-03, 12:11 PM
dont think iv ever sen that :-/ does it look like a 1.2 or sr?

ydg27
02-05-03, 12:31 PM
GSi side skirts
gsi front bumper
rear bumper that is similar to the abyss one but i made it!
low on the rear, not on the front
dark blue/purple

cant mis the front bumper

Dicko
02-05-03, 01:44 PM
has it got a pretty good paint job?

swear i saw somebody drive past me 2 weeks ago with a car looking like that with a decent paintjob.

i got a black sri on alpines, pics of it on the site

ydg27
02-05-03, 02:31 PM
yeah, it flips to purple under sunlight
its well nice
blacked out rear windows as well

Dicko
02-05-03, 04:56 PM
cool ill probley see ya around then

Dicko
06-05-03, 03:10 PM
god dammit, this engine is a bastid to work on. gotta take off an engine mount just to take of the cam belt. also cant get the exhaust manifold far enough away from the head to get the head off cuz theres metals pipes for the turbo :evil:

god dam thing lol

ydg27
06-05-03, 07:22 PM
remove the boost pipe and you will find it a million times easier & the cam belt is a bastard yer right if ya need any help just give us a call i'll send ya my number pm stylee

Dicko
07-05-03, 11:58 AM
boost pipe is already off, got it all done except 1 fckin stud will not come out, the dremel is looking tempting now.
think iv sused a way of doing the belt easily just need to line everything up b4 i take it off :)
also on the right hand side of the engine at the back there is a pipe about 22mm thich which goes out then loops back into the engine, seems to go from the head to bottom end. its got a big split in it? i think its a water pipe but cant b good if its split :s

ydg27
08-05-03, 12:28 PM
yeah replace that pipe cos it ain't good if it has split