PDA

View Full Version : Part Numbers thread

Pistol Pete
07-05-10, 07:23 PM
Seeing as we all need parts from time to time, i thought it would be handy to have a thread with part numbers in for reference.

If people can post items and part numbers, it may speed up ordering from Vauxhall.

On the other hand if people think its a waste of time, say so!!

Post away, but lets keep the chat out!

(I have a few, but all my invoices are in my garage...at my parents lol)

Jack
10-05-10, 04:58 PM
I've moved this here to give it a bit more visibility. Lee's been investigating tables on the forum, so once we have a decent batch of part numbers I reckon it may be worth rehosting into one table rather than in a thread.

So, for the moment, stick up some part numbers.

Edd
10-05-10, 05:11 PM
EPC ftw

AlexW
10-05-10, 05:24 PM
What i was thinking Edd. If wanted i could find the part numbers for most commonly wanted parts.

Pete
10-05-10, 08:26 PM
I may be able to help soon, friends mum works for Vauxhall, so ill ask here for a list of all Nova parts, may come in handy ",

Pistol Pete
10-05-10, 09:15 PM
Cheers Jack. Good thinking.

EPC ftw

Trouble is not many people have EPC. I do but cant get it to work on my laptop.
Also if people want part numbers they need to strat a thread, wait for someone who has EPC, blah blah blah...

Post up numbers here for quick reference!!

AlexW
10-05-10, 09:43 PM
Pete, EPC only works on XP iirc

Jack
10-05-10, 10:39 PM
LOL I did have EPC working once... tried to get it working again, it wiped all files off one of my hard drives (but not folders for some reason) which also included a load of pr0n, so I got angry with it :mad:

Novasport
10-05-10, 11:11 PM
Shh, dont mention EPC! A certain person will get climbing on his high horse again lol

Sloth
10-05-10, 11:18 PM
behave....

not vaux numbers, but get asked for alot.

mk2 cav 1.6 inner c.v's
partco number tdl3051r
shaftec number pj16

MattBrown
10-05-10, 11:20 PM
I have epc, its helpful, some kid in the dealers loves it when i come in with part numbers lol

This thread is a good idea, but unsure if it will work lol

Edd
10-05-10, 11:24 PM
What is actually the problem with talking about EPC on here ?

It's NOT illegal, parts advisors would prefer people to have it as it saves them time.

So what's the issue ?

MattBrown
10-05-10, 11:28 PM
What is actually the problem with talking about EPC on here ?

It's NOT illegal, parts advisors would prefer people to have it as it saves them time.

So what's the issue ?

According to the lad in vaux its illegal to have it.

As its only available to dealers. Therefore anyone who has it must have an illegal copy:d

Bubba
10-05-10, 11:54 PM

As its only available to dealers. Therefore anyone who has it must have an illegal copy:d

im sure its only illegal if you can get the frigging thing to work :mad: :mad:

bmw156
11-05-10, 12:09 AM
i dont see the point in the part number thread,

just pick up the phone, phone vauxhall and they will give you any part number.

and more, alot of nova parts are NLS from vaux anyway lol.

i have EPC. if i wanted i could cut and paste pics up of all part numbers. save time lol

milko96
11-05-10, 07:01 AM
I need part numbers for alt belt tensioner setup on an x16xe engine without Pas or aircon if anyone can help!?

Dealers dont wanna know as I dont have the car reg number.... :(

Sloth
11-05-10, 07:42 AM
milko you needthe setup off any 1.6 8v spi or mpi mate.

Jack
11-05-10, 02:13 PM

As per discussion in the club chat thread regarding EPC, Vauxhall only issue it to dealers unless you pay them a large sum of monies, and is copyrighted for use in such fashion. So downloading a copy, purchasing (and using) off ebay etc, could constitute copyright infringement.

Last time I went to my local dealer and asked for Nova parts he just brushed me off with a "oh we don't bother with parts for cars that old any more" - and that was 5 years ago! lol

MK999
11-05-10, 02:17 PM
My local motorfactors see it as a bit of adventure I think lol Went in for a dizzy seal a while back and the guy behind the counter said "wow, haven't sold one of them in a while! See what I can find" lol

milko96
11-05-10, 09:20 PM
milko you needthe setup off any 1.6 8v spi or mpi mate.

Really! Thats a result!

Not heard anyone mention this before...

Danny s-p
11-05-10, 09:29 PM
i dont see the point in the part number thread,

just pick up the phone, phone vauxhall and they will give you any part number.

and more, alot of nova parts are NLS from vaux anyway lol.

i have EPC. if i wanted i could cut and paste pics up of all part numbers. save time lolpast it up please please

Jack
11-05-10, 10:05 PM
lmfao, well volunteered martin. Get on with it :d

Edd
12-05-10, 12:54 PM
I would not of volunteered to do that lol

a fair few pages I think lol

dj_wudgey
12-05-10, 12:59 PM
ha ha i think he should get on with it then if there is lol

Lynsey
12-05-10, 01:00 PM
We have EPC too. I've got the important part numbers saved in my phone :p Damn- that'll be why I keep sending those saucy texts to 'Door trim O/S' instead of Dougie!

MK999
12-05-10, 01:54 PM
We have EPC too. I've got the important part numbers saved in my phone :p Damn- that'll be why I keep sending those saucy texts to 'Door trim O/S' instead of Dougie!

Notes function ftw lol