PDA

View Full Version : What suspension to get

steviegsi
07-05-10, 12:31 AM
Looking to buy new shocks and springs, probably 60mm drop, for the gsi. Don't really want to spend anymore than £250 ( obviously less if i can ). Don't need anything too fancy as its a standard gsi and will be around standard power when its done, so just for occassional fast road use not trackdays or anything. What kits are everyone here using? pros/cons/price etc? Any links you have for where to get them would be great. I checked ebay but aside from a gmax and a spax supersport sets the only other ones were brands i'd never heard of for under £250. :thumb:

bazil
07-05-10, 12:47 AM
IMO buy stuff you've heard of, I'll probably get a spax kit when mines gets done, I've had a koni kit on a previous nova and it was bloody stiff stuff, didn't like it one bit for everyday driving but for fast B roads it was awesome.

mrT
07-05-10, 01:08 AM
if its just for the road i had spax -40 adjustable kit which was ok,avo adjustables with chassis dynamic -35 springs which is a good kit although i would suggest fixed rate dampers,but if you want a very cheap kit that will shock you how good they are try a boge -40 fixed rate kit,all these were fitted to a gte in to be honest the boge kit was awesome for the price,well worth a try,or u could pikey it with the grinder lol