PDA

View Full Version : Disputing parking tickets. Any info?

L14MNP
06-05-10, 06:56 PM
My bull$hit day hit a new low this afternoon.
Not only have all stores sold out of the hoody I am wanting, but this morning I had a flat tyre, I then got a parking ticket and on the way home, ran out of fuel! :mad:

Anyway, the ticket...

I was parked on a single yellow line for all of ten minutes whilst I called into town this afternoon and have been charged with being 'Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours'

If the ****ing council didn't have the road dug up preventing me from using the multi-storey this would never have happened. :/

I was under the impression that it was OK to park on single yellows for no more than 30 minutes lol. At least that's what a traffic warden once told me!
I guess that's BS and as such me getting the ticket is now TS?

ApparentlyI was in a loading zone, and the jobsworth **** informed me it doesn't matter that there's no visible signs or road markings anywhere near where I parked. He pointed out one crap old sign right in the corner which was as good as obscured by a one way sign and a Biffa bin.

Needless to say, the conversation ended in me telling him to go fcuk himself.

Whether I am in the wrong or not, I am sick of being used as ****ing cash cow, because I have the audacity to drive a car. (This is my first parking ticket btw).

So, can I dispute it? Here's a couple of pics I took of the crime scene. lol
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac157/itsallac0nspiracy/Dusty%20Drifter/DSC00057-1.jpg
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac157/itsallac0nspiracy/Dusty%20Drifter/DSC00055-1.jpg
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac157/itsallac0nspiracy/Dusty%20Drifter/DSC00056-1.jpg

I know I'm parked near a doorway, but it's not a loading door and the footpath is between the door and car.

Man, I hate cars ATM. :(

Damo
06-05-10, 07:00 PM
Is there any signs up that say you carnt park there between a certain time mate?

Ive had one recently i parked on a street that you needed a parking permit on and i disputed it twice but i had to pay it in the end.

But if theres no visable signs mate id say you have a case.

Damo.

L14MNP
06-05-10, 07:01 PM
There's one sign at the beginning of the road mate. A good 50 yards away, and even then you can't see it unless you really look for it.

Mike
06-05-10, 07:02 PM
Shouldve took the signs down, then took the pics, then dispute the ticket.

dj_wudgey
06-05-10, 07:05 PM
i wouldnt think you can dispute it matey but well at least the volvo looks cool lol

Damo
06-05-10, 07:11 PM
There's one sign at the beginning of the road mate. A good 50 yards away, and even then you can't see it unless you really look for it.

Id dispute it anyway mate id get the pics printed off and write a letter explaining the situation its got to be worth a try even if it only buys you more time to pay it!

I did the same and got an extra 14 days to pay the fine lol.

Bubba
06-05-10, 07:45 PM
did the biffa bins get a ticket too? lol

dj_wudgey
06-05-10, 08:37 PM
hope you can get your cash back any way mate!! you been out getting the old girl sideways then??

L14MNP
06-05-10, 08:44 PM
The bins should have got a ticket! That's what I was thinking too. lol

Tempted to whip the sign away Mike, probably only a jubilee clip. lol

Aye Wudge, the wet weather has it's upsides I guess! lol @ cool. The **** nearly got the flat Superlite through the windscreen this morning. Drives like crap now given the rolling radius on the spare. Cars! :./

I will defiinitley attempt to dispute it. Nothing to lose. If only had had put the name down as Lolvo. It would have been in the bin then! Should have read my badges. :( lol

dj_wudgey
06-05-10, 08:45 PM
lol i supose it does mate be good fun driviong her in any weather for me though side ways ftw!!

L14MNP
06-05-10, 08:52 PM
lol mate you'd soon tyre of the torque tube banging about, the wheels skipping, exhaust scraping on speed bumps etc.

In case it isn't clear I am not in a car friendly mood. lol

dj_wudgey
06-05-10, 08:55 PM
id gather but no i dont think i would lol id just ramp the crap out ff it and save my nova from the abuse lol