PDA

View Full Version : calling all painters

novait
06-05-10, 03:05 PM
hello all

rite i always use spray can to do small thing on the nova but dosnt always last long! so was looking in to going the next step and maybe getting a small ish air compressor and spray gun? now the thing i need to know is what is the best tools to use? compressor size/gun/paint etc.
what dose every one use?
can any one help?

cheers
ben

NovaLad
06-05-10, 03:08 PM
1st thing i'd do is to set up a decent place to spray mate.

Your paint job will only be as good as the area you're spraying in.

MattBrown
06-05-10, 03:11 PM
14cfm, or 3hp is the smallest compressor you can use, £350+

novait
06-05-10, 03:11 PM
ok thats a start..any info on whats best to use? been looking around and dont want to get some thing thats to small but dont want to go over the top

brownbear
06-05-10, 03:14 PM
this is like asking people what shoe size they are and taking heed from that to purchase your own shoes... One size really doesn't fit all when it comes to painting. Best advice i can give you is find somebody that has a gun and compressor and knows how to paint and ask them to take you through a mini lesson in painting, then you can decide if what you use is too powerful, if the gun is too much to control the paint or not enough etc etc then take it from there. I honestly can't say there is a here buy this kit it's great as it is a whole new level of difficulty from spray cans. Also the paint question is a whole new thing as everything is mixed with thinners and varying other compounds so again it's down to personal preference and what kind of finish you want.. I know this answer isn't the most helpful but i suppose what i'm trying to say is try before you buy and tailor to your own needs and take it from there. Once you have the right gun and compressor for you it's trial and error from then on....

novait
06-05-10, 03:17 PM
no thats helps. just wanted a starting point and some info of what over people use etc...

brownbear
06-05-10, 03:20 PM
Best of luck with it mate, My advice buy it, get good at it then do little bits for mates on weekends and your equipment is paid for in no time! lol. Thats what anybody I know thats got into painting has done. I've tried several times with guns and i just can't jell with them, Too many years in my misspent youth pretending to be Banksy I guess.... lol