PDA

View Full Version : *The Gym & Diet Thread*

NovaLad
06-05-10, 01:15 AM
Been thinking of setting up a thread like this for quite a while now as i've been going gym now since last year and i figured it would be good for people to be able to talk about this stuff with people that have more than 1 thing in common lol instread of on the usual...

BODY-IS-MY-TEMPLE.com/STEDZ.

I know Dan used to or still does hit the gym so i expect him to pop up alot with input etc...

Anyways this is my story... as said i've been going gym now myself since about June or July last year.

At 1st i just went to lose weight even though i was only 10stone but had some serious MOOBAGE!

Before i knew it i was looking at everyone and thinking 'DAMN!' I need to bulk up lol... (no i didn't take steroids.)

So i hit the mega 45g protein shakes, was having a tin of tuna a day + a big tea.

By the november i'd got up to about 10 stone 12 pounds baring in mind i was just training on my own so wasn't being pushed much but my strengh got pretty good for my size and i was benching on the smithe machine about 30kg a side which isn't bad considering.

Anyway that same November i got with my GF lol. Wasn't going gym as much etc... you know how it is lol. and christmas came so i went up again after christmas was over to about 11stone 7pounds GREAT lol apart from now i had lost alot of strength and my muscle was slipping away.

Got back into the gym in the January and i went right up to 12 stone 7 pounds and then sorted my diet out again and was doing sit ups and crunches again and now i've gone back down to 12stone 2pounds whilst maintaining my strength & even going up to 40kg a side on the smithe machine :)

Personally i'm not bothered about what i weigh but i am bothered about the way my body looks. (pain in the ar$e though buying a shirt then month later your back has grown and you can't fit in it.)

Now to cut the long story short i'm going to give Stacker 2's a try to burn off my body fat percentage before i go away in the june pending i don't get any aweful side effects that alot of people get from them. (they are legal)

That's my story in a sort of nutshell. Sorry if i've missed anything and feel free to ask me any questions. :)

P.S i used to be a fat mess in school lol.

Oh and BTW i'm not some huge beast before any of you start imagining me naked doing poses with fake tan all over myself.
That's disgusting.
TBH i don't look any different than any average person that goes gym a few times a week.

Anyone else got a story to share about weight loss or going to the gym???
Or anything else?

brownbear
06-05-10, 01:24 AM
never post when drunk....

NovaLad
06-05-10, 01:28 AM
lol /\ edited for that reason.
Save your skin.

brownbear
06-05-10, 01:31 AM
duuuuude! I edited for a reason! Edit your post please!!!!

brownbear
06-05-10, 01:50 AM
I did the gym and steroid thing. Was good for instant muscle but plan on doing it properly this time.

I just have pics of upper body definition. Was pretty slim, Lived off protein shakes and varying illegal letters of the alphabet on weekends. (not the best diet, I only ate wed-fri then back out again) lol

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/CameraPhone072007114.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/Me129.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/DSC00057.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/Tatt5.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/Me145.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/Picture0332.jpg

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/Essential_110408_2_118.jpg

Wouldn't advise steds to ANYBODY! Do it properly and take your time!

Trust me the above pics were 2006/early 2007 and this was me 2008 nye off the roids and with full on tits and beer belly!!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/cutecubuk/IMG_8928.jpg

(excuse the gayness of the last pic, It was NYE I was trollied and a sailor hat seemed a good idea at the time!)

NovaLad
06-05-10, 01:57 AM
Ok i am going to post up some pictures of me from when i 1st got into the gym and now...

And OMG!!! i didn't realise how skinny i used to be i thought i was really fat!

BRB uploading.....

NovaLad
06-05-10, 02:24 AM
June 2009 - Starting off

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/newt2.png

October 2009

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/newt.png

November 2009

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/DSC05246.jpg

February 2010 - Last photo taken.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/gym2.jpg

The size i'm at now i really want to get my body fat percentage down so you can actually see something going on like back in the october photo :(

brownbear
06-05-10, 02:51 AM
good progress fella.

Jack
06-05-10, 08:36 AM
I need to go back to the gym, lost all my muscle over the winter.

Lost about a stone and a half though lol

NovaLad
06-05-10, 08:39 AM
I need to go back to the gym, lost all my muscle over the winter.

Lost about a stone and a half though lol

I know the feeling it only takes around 2 weeks or so and you can't lift nearly as much as when you was going 4 times a week lol.

Problem i have is if i don't go gym i go fat... i don't lose weight.

Even though i never do cardio which is why i'm giving Tai Boxing a go next thurs lol.

FTL!

Jack
06-05-10, 08:41 AM
Being cut open doesn't help, I'm not allowed to lift anything for another month yet and 3 months after that is no "heavy" lifting :(

Already feel like I've given myself a hernia lifting a few ~5kg pieces of wood lol

NovaLad
06-05-10, 08:44 AM
Being cut open doesn't help, I'm not allowed to lift anything for another month yet and 3 months after that is no "heavy" lifting :(

Already feel like I've given myself a hernia lifting a few ~5kg pieces of wood lol

lol like i said on a previous thread... there is a man at gym that had an opp and was cut exactly in the same place as you and when he was benching, something popped and he got internal bleeding so take it easy and when you do start at the gym again make sure you are always wearing a support belt :)

P.S i'm going applying at holland & barret today as they have a 16 hour week for someone going and it's better than sitting on my ar5e... Hopefully get club discount LMFAO!

Timmy
07-05-10, 07:39 PM
i find gym boring as hell wanna get fit and lean try MTBing in wales for 3 days back to back

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:41 PM
Oh forgot to update...

I took 1 of them Stacker 2's last night and didn't like them 1 bit...
Made me feel Jittery all night and kept getting Heart Palpitations and feeling hot all over.

DO NOT RECOMMEND!

On the plus side... i had a very good interview at Holland & Barratt today... 2 hours to be exact lol

They will ring me Monday to tell me if i have the job or not.

Andy
07-05-10, 07:44 PM
Have you tried ephedrine novalad?
btw the jitteryness and palpiotations fade after a couple of days use

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:44 PM
Have you tried ephedrine novalad?
btw the jitteryness and palpiotations fade after a couple of days use

No but i hear they're just as bad.
You had them?
The lady at the gym has the odd T5 and she says it send her off on 1 like she's on speed lol.

EDIT - I don't think i could put up with them side effects unless i knew after a couple of days they would go and after a month i could for sure have a weight loss.

Andy
07-05-10, 07:47 PM
Yeah ive taken them,and on a course at the mo 2 a day with caffeine,5days on 2 days off,theyre fine for me but people are different.Before anycunnt pipes up with "theyre illegal" they arent.And ephidrine is found in chesteeze actually.

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:48 PM
Tbh if i was around my mates all the time and on them keeping busy it wouldn't bother me as much but being sat at home you start thinking about it and that makes it worse.

Cle
07-05-10, 07:49 PM
When i was young i was either in bed asleep or cycling so built up my body that way till i was 15 then started going to gym, tbh im not bothered about looking good it more the strenght and fitness side im going for. Sorry i dont reply pose and take loads of photos so only have one lol Also dont have a diet i eat what ever when ever and its never healthy.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f66/Cle_555/me.jpg

Andy
07-05-10, 07:50 PM
Yeah obviously i have them on work days so its ok busy wise,you lose appetite a bit but then thats the idea of them lol
Ive never had trouble sleeping etc or feeling crap off them

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:51 PM
You obvisously have a slow metabolism if you can just eat what you want lol...
Wish i could... if i did i'd put a stone on in a week easy.

I've done the stage of bulking up and lifting heavy ish at gym now so now i want to get a look out of it all rather than strength.

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:51 PM
Yeah obviously i have them on work days so its ok busy wise,you lose appetite a bit but then thats the idea of them lol

How long you been taking them and what progress have you made?

let_nova
07-05-10, 07:52 PM
i plan on starting the gym. im 11st 5 at the moment. i play football every night of the week but i plan to "bulk" up a bit.

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:53 PM
If you are doing cardio sports like football and going gym well trying to bulk up you will get a really good shape from it rather than just bulking up into a massive slab of muscle lol. You will have definition.

Andy
07-05-10, 07:53 PM
Took for 4 weeks and done fukk all but work on my Nova and work on ladders window cleaning and gone from 14st 5 to 13st 11
If i had time and did my usual 10k run at the gym twice a week i dare say id lose a hell of a lot more.

Spudly
07-05-10, 07:54 PM

Wheres ya get them from bud, if they help ya eat less then i needs some lol

Andy
07-05-10, 07:54 PM
PM me;)

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:55 PM
I've read plenty of reviews of really over weight people loosing like 30pounds in just under 2 month... it's crazy.

NovaLad
07-05-10, 07:56 PM
I've got 13 Stacker 2 Fat burners left if you want i'll post you 5 days worth at 1 a day to see how you feel on them?

Andy
07-05-10, 07:57 PM
Yeah if you were the size of a whale then yeah maybe lol
But an "averagely bmi overweight" person like myself,could definately lose half that in that period with cardio and healthy diet on them for sure

Sloth
07-05-10, 08:07 PM
interesting read, i have 2 stone to lose in 2 months. reckon it can be done?

Andy
07-05-10, 08:08 PM
What do you need to lose 2 stone for? And thats asking a bit much lol

Sloth
07-05-10, 08:11 PM
i get wed in july, im 18 stone 7 and would like to be a bit slimmer.

Bubba
07-05-10, 08:18 PM
im a chubby git...always have been...but im tryin to loose some chub :D im aiming from 16st 8...to about 14st

Andy
07-05-10, 08:19 PM
i get wed in july, im 18 stone 7 and would like to be a bit slimmer.
Are you in the process of doing owt about it?

MK999
07-05-10, 08:23 PM
I'm paper thin and put on a small amount of belly over uni eating such things like fry up sandwiches. You may all commence hating me for it, it fuels my metabolism lol

NovaLad
07-05-10, 08:33 PM
Extra info for anyone...

Where you can buy... i got mine off a friend.
Works out cheaper the more you get or something.
Stacker 2 (100 Caps) (http://www.stackeruk.com/stacker-2-100-caps-p-98.html?osCsid=3ac62d5c557f851a48fe1c59637a8cf3)
£24.95
http://www.stackeruk.com/

This site will give you lots of reviews if you scroll down and people will tell you their side effects...
Their is a 2nd page of reviews also...
http://www.supplementcritic.com/stacker-2-reviews/

Read this...

This Stacker contains Tri-GuggLyptoid3 Complex, an unique blend and responsible for the main weight loss effects of this Stacker. The added Caffeine will result in higher feelings of energy, just like Cola Nut, Yerba Mate and Gymnema. The combination of energy increasing ingredients, Tri-GuggLyptoid3 Complex and antioxidants are perfect for everyone who need just a little help from a herbal supplement to loose weight or to get some energy.
Stacker is manufactured to not waste any muscle while losing weight, Stacker burns fat only and nothing else! Stacker 2 is NVE's most humble fat burner. When you seek something stronger, pay attention for Stacker 4 and 7-PhenylStack.

In a nutshell they speed up your metabolism and make you feel less hungry... you don't even need to be excercising to lose weight on them but if you are it helps alot i guess...
These do contain cafeine (sp) and it's not advised to have extra cafeine (sp) in the days you take them.

Alot about them is explained in the reviews link further up my post.. If you need any other inparticular info personal or not either post it up or send us a PM.
Another option is google it yourself.

Sloth
07-05-10, 08:44 PM
Are you in the process of doing owt about it?

yup im buying a pushbike tomorrow, to get to work, and ive started eating salad and ive cut out snacking. my issue is, i have a leg op coming up so any hard leg work is a no-no.:thumb:

Spudly
07-05-10, 08:45 PM
Youre getting a bike to go to work you lazy cnut, walk it, you live down the same road you work on ffs lol

Although light riding will help with the healing/physio on your leg on the recouperation side of it!

Pistol Pete
07-05-10, 10:33 PM
It will also strengthen the leg BEFORE the op. This is an important part some people miss!!! Sorry for the slight off topic spam.

I did hit the gym on a regular basis up until March this year. With one thing and another i had to save a few £££'s so quit. I am a skinny bloke (weight averages around the 11.5st mark) and have a fast metabolism. I can eat pretty much anything and nothing sticks!! Have just got a bag of ON serious mass. Going to give it a try with some basic weights at home.

sulphur
07-05-10, 10:42 PM
Joining back up to gym next week. Fit enough as it is, 'cos of work but I'm just after that ripped and defined look. Slight love handles I do not like. Sitting at a healthy 13st10 but aiming to bulk to around 14st4 and solidify everything.

Btw, those T5's aren't worth **** all. I took one before going for a run and didn't change on bit, felt a bit more awake for maybe 10mins. Although, I took 3 the following day, and did the same run in alot less time, sent me off my tits tbh. lol
Although I'd avoid them, completely. Can completely bugger up your thyroid.

Healthy and natural FTW! :thumb:

paddy138
09-08-10, 10:18 PM
ive started back at the gym the past few weeks just sort of getting back into it gently but now im doing/trying to do at least 75 minutes 3 nights a week and usually 15 minutes a day on weights when not doing full work out, use to do it all before and take protein shakes and that, but now im getting back in to it im just trying to loose a bit of the belly and bulk up a bit, im 16st 10 pounds and 5"11

just the only thing im not sure about is the protein shakes, if your trying to loose weight are you better having a protein shake mixed with milk after a work out or do i what i am currently doing which is brown bread sandwich with best part of a tin of tuna and pint of milk after a good workout and bear in mind this would be between 9 and half nine at night when i would be finishing the gym, so dont want to be eating to heavy that time of night either, whats ya think, comments welcome

wwmnw
09-08-10, 10:35 PM
I intend to start the gym soon too, although my life revolves around what money I have left after paying bills and at the moment I've got insurance, tax and MOT coming up.

Anyway I lost 10 lbs not long ago and managed to keep it off, mainly by not eating as much crap, but I could lose more easily if I kept to a strict diet without the gym, I just need a diet planning.

SKoob
09-08-10, 11:03 PM
I've been doing the gym for about 4 years now, was a right porker and thought sod it.
When I first started doing it I concentrated on losing weight, did loads of cardio and circuit weight training. Lost the weight quite quickly but also alot of my size and muscle.
Then for the last 2 - 3 years been just doing weights.
I tend to do lots of compound work such as deadlifts, squats and bench. Injured my back recently but was deadlifting 145kg and squating 120kg. Gym I go to doesn't have a squat cage so can't really push myself. Heaviest I've benched is 100kg for 1 rep. I'd say i'm quite strong for my size (64kg) but struggle to put muscle on without too much body fat. Been doing cycling to try and get some cardio in. I'm on 3 - 4 protien shakes a day and try to eat lots of high protien food such as steak, turkey, eggs and oily fish. Real goal is to be cut and get a 6 pack you could grate cheese on.

NovaLad
07-12-10, 03:54 PM
Just to bring this thread up to date...

I've gone in the past 5 month from 12 stone 8 to 11 stone without doing anything to lose weight. Just seems to be dropping off me.
I am now working 2 jobs and do photography on the side so i think it's my non stop (no time for myself) weeks i have now.

Going to hit the gym hard now because i'm not liking being this weight! lol

What's everyone else doing?

Dar
07-12-10, 04:08 PM
I'm eating pies.

Bubba
07-12-10, 06:13 PM
Just to bring this thread up to date...

I've gone in the past 5 month from 12 stone 8 to 11 stone without doing anything to lose weight. Just seems to be dropping off me.
I am now working 2 jobs and do photography on the side so i think it's my non stop (no time for myself) weeks i have now.

Going to hit the gym hard now because i'm not liking being this weight! lol

im floating around 118kg :/ im a tubby bugger lol

Pistol Pete
07-12-10, 06:30 PM
I have crept up to just over 12 stone. lol sitting in an office rather than building cars FTW! TBH it was quite a shock when i weighed myself. Have always hovered around the 10 stone mark.

Fingers crossed will be back at the gym in the new year! Put this weight gain to good use!

DAN-F
07-12-10, 10:24 PM
Well im now 17 and a half stone and fat lol. piled it on after i ruptured my patella tendon/cruciate ligament and was on crutched for the best part of a year. before that i s in the gym 5 times a week and was 16 and a bit stone with virtually no fat, gonna get myself back in he gym after xmas i think try get somewhere near whee i was before

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn152/DAN-F/3245986594a4003558980b131081150l.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn152/DAN-F/3245986594a3246049112b612750087l.jpg

Pistol Pete
07-12-10, 10:25 PM
lol that looks like a "proper" gym!!!

DAN-F
07-12-10, 10:31 PM
yeah old skool iron lol not a multi gym in sight