PDA

View Full Version : On-line cv help, covering letter/note?

John
05-05-10, 09:01 PM
Been looking at some jobs on-line, need to attach some sort of covering letter or note, anyone got any good, helpful suggestions? I've looked on the web and can only find long winded, or american ones lol
:thumb:

draper
05-05-10, 09:03 PM
jack sig had a link to helpful tips at one point

i struggle like funk to put what i mean into words tho

John
05-05-10, 09:04 PM
jack sig had a link to helpful tips at one point

i struggle like funk to put what i mean into words tho

Ta mate, me too! It looks good in my head, but **** when i've typed it lol

Lynsey
05-05-10, 09:57 PM
The kind of jobs you're applying for are probably well out of my league but my advice would just be to keep it short and to the point. Explain why you'd like the job, why you're a good candidate and what previous experience you have which would be relevant to the role. Then again, I've applied for well over 1000 jobs in the last year and I'm still stuck in the same ol' ****e!

Jon_nova1
05-05-10, 09:58 PM
Microsoft word has a nice template!

John
05-05-10, 10:09 PM
The kind of jobs you're applying for are probably well out of my league but my advice would just be to keep it short and to the point. Explain why you'd like the job, why you're a good candidate and what previous experience you have which would be relevant to the role. Then again, I've applied for well over 1000 jobs in the last year and I'm still stuck in the same ol' ****e!

Thanks Lynz, probably not out of your league, just a different league :) Good luck with your job hunting duckie!

MK999
05-05-10, 10:10 PM
Microsoft word has a nice template!

And how many thousands of those do you reckon each company sees per year? lol

John
05-05-10, 10:11 PM
And how many thousands of those do you reckon each company sees per year? lol

Was just about to reply the same. lol

Southie
05-05-10, 10:13 PM
This any good John?
http://www.redgoldfish.co.uk/cv-centre.aspx

Jon_nova1
05-05-10, 10:24 PM
of course, but the intelligent will make changes so it doesn't look the same!

Jack
05-05-10, 10:37 PM
Dear sir/madam, I am writing to apply for the post of xyz as advertised in/on blahblah.

The position interests me because... I feel I would be an excellent candidate for the role because.... [past experience that relates to the job, also maybe a sly bum-kiss about the company]

I attach a copy of my CV for your perusal. I can provide references if required.

I look forward to hearing from you, blah blah

Lynsey
05-05-10, 11:36 PM
Ha. Even smartie pants has given the same reply as me :) not as thick as I look see. Good luck to you too John :thumb: