PDA

View Full Version : 20xe into a corsa b wont start

gtedave
04-05-10, 09:39 PM
ive wired up many of these before into novas and mk2 astras with no problems but this one aint so simple. ive put an xe into a 1.2 16v and i have a spark and i have fuel into the injectors but will not start. it trys to but wont have it any ideas ?

vauxluva
04-05-10, 09:46 PM
lol get a nova get rid of the buble

vauxluva
04-05-10, 09:49 PM
na ino the feeling my mate had a ford ka with a rs turbo lump in with same problems........... sold the lump n ecu 2 a guy with a fesie turbo its sweet lol

comptoncj
04-05-10, 10:24 PM
firing order? fuel pressure?

gtedave
05-05-10, 10:24 AM
firing order? fuel pressure?
got good fuel pressure and the firing order is rite i havent got a clue. it trys to fires but wont start

let_nova
05-05-10, 10:46 AM
what fuel pump?

MK999
05-05-10, 11:11 AM
it would idle ok on a crap fuel pump, just lean out/die at top revs... Compression tested it?

let_nova
05-05-10, 11:15 AM
fuel pipes the correct way round lol
rotor arm? fecked plugs? take the plugs out, heat them with a lighter quckly put them back in and try it?

Sloth
05-05-10, 12:23 PM
check your wiring. check your timing belt marks are right, check for a fat juicy blue spark. then whang some petrol down the inlet and see if she goes. where are you btw?

Sloth
05-05-10, 12:25 PM
and check the small black switched live is on a cranking live. the reverse light switch has one.

gtedave
05-05-10, 08:04 PM
and check the small black switched live is on a cranking live. the reverse light switch has one.
ive pulled all my wires bk and ive got red wire to battery to power the loom, i got the switch wire goin straight to the battery just i case it was dropin below 12v, and i put the fuel pump straight to the battery. its got a 20 16v vectra pump in it so fuel pressure should be good. got a nice blue spark, fat compression but still wont start. every now and again it will fire but wont run, and will lock up like the ignition timing is out but not all the time. ive checked the leads against my mk2 astra and its the rite way. i havent got a ****in clue whats wrong with it at the min its pissin me rite off. and im in peterborough

Sloth
06-05-10, 10:45 AM
right, it sounds like the timing is out. check the timing marks on the crank and cams line up. the crank one points down the cams point up. then check you have the plug leads on right. it sounds like its firing the wrong pots. also check your crank sensor just to be safe.