PDA

View Full Version : TB'S trumpet size :)

pie
04-05-10, 02:27 PM
hay again :)

what size trumpets (air horns)?

will fit on a c20xe engine in a nova

the throttle bodies are direct off the head

stuck on what size trumpets to get for them

thanks

craig green
04-05-10, 02:55 PM
The longer you can use, the better it will be for engine torque.

Just bear in mind the lump will move back towards the firewall.

Stuart
04-05-10, 02:57 PM
has anyone actually done a set of back to back (same day) dyno runs with 10mm trumpets and 100mm trumpets?

Would be interested to see a REAL difference.

MK999
04-05-10, 03:02 PM
Seen it done at hertfordshire uni, but I'm sure you know the effects of it, just shifts the torque curve around. Believe they were doing it for a BTCC team at the time, find out what length trumpets to run to get the curve peaking a little before the rev limit. On a trackday nova, whatever fits imo, gains are gonna be pretty small and I think they were up to around 250mm trumpets in herts, certainly had some bloody big ones on the dyno when we were showed round

pie
04-05-10, 03:07 PM
cheers guys

so bigger the better ya ?

mk1nova_rich
04-05-10, 03:43 PM
cheers guys

so bigger the better ya ?

as big as you can fit without restricting air flow to the actual trumpets by having them too close to the bulkhead/firewall

Big_Chap
04-05-10, 04:09 PM
I run direct to head QED bodies with 90mm trumpets, getting a sausage filter on is tight and my drivers mount has been shortened slightly to allow more space at the bulkhead where it curves out at the battery area. 45's & filter fit no probs as will 90's if you don't run a filter, possibly even 120's without filter, your call though!

Gareth_C
04-05-10, 04:59 PM
i have QED direct to head throttle bodies with 120mm trumpets the biggest QED sell. I had to cut the bulkhead to fit them in withou a filter. but I have got 187 ft lb of torque from the engine not sure if the extra helped :thumb: