PDA

View Full Version : dodgy steering

Anonymous
16-12-00, 08:20 PM
when i am driving down the road the car keeps swerving from left to right even though the steering wheel dosent move, it feels like your trying to drive on ice, is this the steering rack or is it the track rod arms that are fucked or is it something completly differnt, any advice boyz cos the car is a bastard to drive at the moment

Anonymous
17-12-00, 09:38 AM
could be anything mate

is the car drastically lowerd? coz this can cause tramlining. check your bottom balljoints/ track rod ends and anything under neath for play or movement. also check your bearings coz they could have half collapsed (rumbling sounds?) also go round the front and look for cracks in the chassis legs and front crossmember. if you can spot owt then maybe you have smashed the car over a pothole and the tracking is out. even if the car is okay if the tracking is out then it will bumpsteer and swerve all over the shop. this dosnt mean it would pull more to one side both wheels coud be for arguments sake toeing in etc.
i would sugesst taking it to a garage if all this fails coz its foooking dangerous espesh at this time ov year (ice and shit)
i recently changed my rack coz my tracking was always fucking up and now my car drives nice, thing is sumtimes it can still feel lighter or heavyer but i put this down to lowering/tramlineing and differnt road surfaces.

Anonymous
17-12-00, 08:55 PM
wel with it being the winter season, it could be ice just like ya said.

cheers

Davo