PDA

View Full Version : Misfire and blue smoke help???

GTE TURBZ
02-05-10, 07:45 PM
Please can someone tell me what this means. We have a 1.7 isuzu engined astra on a P-reg about 128k on the clock. Today went to fired it up and just about started and when it did it was spluttering and chucking out blue smoke.

I revved it hard thinking it would clear and start to run normally but didnt and remained misfiring.

Any idea, i suspecting it could be the turbo? if it is could i simply disconnect it send it off to get rebuilt and then bolt it back on after?

david dixon
03-05-10, 05:20 PM
are you sure its blue smoke and not black? if its black it could be an injector shot! i'm not sure the turbo would just go that fast and burn that much oil....

David.

GTE TURBZ
04-05-10, 01:39 PM
are you sure its blue smoke and not black? if its black it could be an injector shot! i'm not sure the turbo would just go that fast and burn that much oil....

David.

Thanks mate.

Yes it is blue smoke. The symptons indicate the engines gone. It will cost too much to rebuild over 1K. Did a bit of hunting and found a 2nd hand engine at a breakers so might go donwn that route. Only trouble is he has no history for the engine but is giving me a 30 day warantee.