PDA

View Full Version : For ALL you Motorsport Fans

Steve0011
02-05-10, 03:06 PM
check this out, and get it signed :thumb: :thumb:

MSA Proposal to Introduce Closed Road Motorsport
http://www.petition.co.uk/msa

steve

can we get this 'sticky' for a while? :)

Please dont forget to confirm via your email :)

mk1nova_rich
02-05-10, 03:11 PM
nice one, was marshalling on Jim Clark last year and closed-road rallying is fantastic :thumb:

Mike
02-05-10, 03:15 PM
Get in! If that act gets the green light then im defiently going to build & run my own car again!!

Steve0011
02-05-10, 03:18 PM
so, did you sign ;) ?

mk1nova_rich
02-05-10, 03:22 PM
i have signed mate :d

Steve0011
02-05-10, 03:23 PM
cool :D

Rysee
02-05-10, 03:41 PM
Signed. Would love to see more Motorsport round here

NovaLad
02-05-10, 03:43 PM
Done :)

Rysee
02-05-10, 04:00 PM
Don't forget to Validate form your email or it doesn't count

Stuart
02-05-10, 04:05 PM
the 'income' figures seem somewhat enthusiastic.

but i guess thats needed to try and get some sway with the govt.... who will want their cut of the money and I can imagine entry costs will go MENTAL

Steve0011
02-05-10, 09:46 PM
not as MENTAL as forestry :( i have heard its like £4.5K per mile :eek:

keep em coming :thumb:

mk1nova_rich
02-05-10, 09:49 PM
not as MENTAL as forestry :( i have heard its like £4.5K per mile :eek:

keep em coming :thumb:

Not sure on the figures but it is ridiculously expensive and is one of the Forestry Commissions main incomes. All the walkers and cyclists who try and get forest rallying banned are prompty told to f**k off lol

Steve0011
02-05-10, 10:19 PM
just confirmed its £573 + £370 second usage, i must have heard wrong. but even so, if you had a 5 mile stage run twice it would cost £4,715 OMG!

mowgli
02-05-10, 10:23 PM
closed road rallying will not be happening on mainland britain for a good while...

1. it was banned in the original road traffic act
2. westminster still hates the devils chariot

mk1nova_rich
02-05-10, 10:27 PM
closed road rallying will not be happening on mainland britain for a good while...

1. it was banned in the original road traffic act
2. westminster still hates the devils chariot

Jim Clark Rally :thumb: requires so much organisation and police presence that unfortunately its never going to be feasible to run many similar events. Would be good though as they are completely different to forest or track rallies.

mowgli
02-05-10, 10:31 PM
there actually are huge numbers of private tarmac roads in the uk. and 20 years ago, when the RAC rally was a british event not some welsh forest thing, they would run 'spectator' stages at such places as sutton park, clumber, chatsworth etc, and they were great......but that was before risk assessments.... we just bought a ticket with a few dozen words on the back telling us to keep out the way.

mk1nova_rich
02-05-10, 10:48 PM
I know, i marshalled at Chatsworth Rally Show last year and the spectators had to be a minimum of 25m from track. I was as close as 1 metre from a very sideways Tom Cave in his Fiesta

muzzy
03-05-10, 12:27 AM
Signed. Whether or not it will make a difference I don't know but worth a try.

Steve0011
03-05-10, 09:48 AM
Signed. Whether or not it will make a difference I don't know but worth a try.

now thats the atitude :thumb:

if enough people sign they have to take notice or at least give a valid reason if they dont want it

SR-Rally
03-05-10, 12:43 PM
signed and put a link on my facebook, would love closed road events to return. now i'm old enough to compete ;)

craig green
03-05-10, 12:59 PM
signed.
I cant see anything changing soon, but events such as this are for more attractive to me than paying & qeuing to get into overpriced venues.

I wonder if this sort of event could ever happen again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_YK3LWxDUQ

Sturge
03-05-10, 01:42 PM
I know, i marshalled at Chatsworth Rally Show last year and the spectators had to be a minimum of 25m from track. I was as close as 1 metre from a very sideways Tom Cave in his Fiesta

The big problem with the rally show is it's open to too many people, plenty of whom don't really know one end of a rally car from the other. If they didn't keep the general public back, there would be accidents!

There's still plenty rallies where if you know what you're doing you can still get up close and personal :)

muzzy
03-05-10, 02:44 PM
The big problem with the rally show is it's open to too many people, plenty of whom don't really know one end of a rally car from the other. If they didn't keep the general public back, there would be accidents!

There's still plenty rallies where if you know what you're doing you can still get up close and personal :)

This is what puts me off going to rallies now, there's far too many chavs turning up pissed and just messing about rather than actually showing any interest in what is happening.

Steve0011
06-05-10, 01:31 PM
up

Steve0011
10-05-10, 08:49 AM
^

Sloth
10-05-10, 08:59 AM
signed. only thing i remember about road ralying is that a local raslly guy regularly tested his sierra saph on local single track roads every sunday. we'd pop along to (unofficially) watch. one day this noise started coming down this lane. when it reached the crescendo, it was the same guy piloting a full group b spec rs200. the fecker shot past at about 100, and spat flames like nothing else. it still sticks with me. happy days. i personally would love to see group b return, now that would be something...

Steve0011
10-05-10, 10:46 AM
im sure, if they had the inclination to do it, they could bring back group b (with a few restrictions on top speed etc) a sort of historic type thing for PR if nothing else :) as far as 'full on' group b competition go's those days have gone :( it will be the same with the current WRC cars in a few years once the S2000 take over :(

BUT rallying must move forward and only when its brought more into the public domain ie. more accessable, ie. on public roads for all to see and enjoy, only then will the sport move forward. Its a shame that for the most part rallying takes place 'behind closed doors' ask any 100 people on the high street if they know when and where the next stage rally is, you would be lucky to get 1 who knew :( Even if they knew, how many would be bothered to take their MPV and the kids up a dirt track, walk across a couple of fields in the mud??

dj_wudgey
10-05-10, 02:35 PM
sighned!!!!!