PDA

View Full Version : any one got a wiring diagram of a 1989 nova?

jackhines15
01-05-10, 07:51 PM
any one got a wiring diagram of a 1989 nova?

cant seem to find a decent one online. ordered a haynes but really need the diagram this weekend.

help!!!

mowgli
01-05-10, 07:58 PM
ordered one????? do you have no halfords nearby???? where is nearby????

just what bit are you working on???

jackhines15
01-05-10, 10:37 PM
i went round all my lcal halfors and other car shops but none of them had one so ended up ordering one through work.
realy i wanted the whole wiring diagram just so i can check everythin. got mot on tuesday and some of the lights and interior bits arnt working proper so was to fix them befor hand.

mowgli
01-05-10, 10:39 PM
what lights & stuff???

whereabouts are you...i have tons of haynes nova books, you should really only bother with the light blue one, the later green one is not as good

Tony M
01-05-10, 11:04 PM
I was checking through my light blue Haynes Manual for the wiring diagram only to find its in German :(

mowgli
01-05-10, 11:06 PM
there is a key

bazil
01-05-10, 11:17 PM
I was checking through my light blue Haynes Manual for the wiring diagram only to find its in German :(

eh?? Buy a uk one lol
if you can't follow it don't try it.

jackhines15
01-05-10, 11:17 PM
the stuff which isnt workin is the dash lights the speedo (but i uess it is run by cable , havent looked yet), the clock and the interior fan. checked all the fuses they are all fine.
im in hertfordshire.

bazil
01-05-10, 11:23 PM
the stuff which isnt workin is the dash lights the speedo (but i uess it is run by cable , havent looked yet), the clock and the interior fan. checked all the fuses they are all fine.
im in hertfordshire.
The speedo is mechanical! The heater switch will be fubar the bulbs need replaced, the clock meh duno

jackhines15
01-05-10, 11:28 PM
The speedo is mechanical! The heater switch will be fubar the bulbs need replaced, the clock meh duno

the heater swith will be wat? lol
i have replaced the bulbs so its not them. all wires which i can see are fine for age. lol.
oh and the hazzard switch dont work
i recon the clock is just nakered!

swedge
02-05-10, 04:41 AM
fubar ****ed up beyond any recognision

mowgli
02-05-10, 10:04 AM
the hazard switch being replaced will fix a lot of problems. most of the other ones will usually be down to someone fitting a radio badly.. as for dash lights, they are run off the sidelight circuit.. maybe the dim dip relay on the back of the parcel sheft is in need of unplugging (it can be done & the car will still be fine)