PDA

View Full Version : clean nova 2.0 16v

fastcar1cars
01-05-10, 04:37 PM
how hard are these to come by? Lol!
Saw 4 over the last two weekends and none are mint like they have been described!
I dont mind paying the money if it is genuine!
Anyone know of any or give me any advice?

dj_wudgey
01-05-10, 04:45 PM
they are out there you just need to keep looking!

muzzy
01-05-10, 04:46 PM
The problem is that everyone seems to think they're Nova is mint, maybe some people have a different idea of mint or they are just liers.

fastcar1cars
01-05-10, 05:55 PM
yeah true! Im in no hurry to buy one! Jus want the right one! Lol! Standard gsi with redtop!

Benn
01-05-10, 06:00 PM
Standard gsi with redtop!

Wouldn't be standard then...

Buy a nice clean one and build it your self.

craig green
01-05-10, 06:05 PM
The problem is that everyone seems to think they're Nova is mint, maybe some people have a different idea of mint or they are just liers.

I could go on a massive rant about the state of modifying in general, but I'll resist, however this hobby of ours is littered with children playing with cars & just generally involving themselves in car ownership when they should stick to action man or lego.

So its hardly surprising so many modified cars that are for sale are utter sh*t & half way to ruin.

I would only buy a converted valver if it was A) a well known existing car from back in the day (k95VHD or Novacabrio's etc) B) a known car found via forums or owners clubs, the seller can string a sentance together & was over 30 years of age. Naturally I would have a major inspection of every aspect of the conversion, cooling pipes, exhaust join, welding, suspension brand, wiring, shafts/hubs & so on.

Graeme
01-05-10, 06:13 PM
I thought my last ones was well converted but everyone does when its their own car but they'll always get mixed reveiws unless they've been money-pitted

fastcar1cars
01-05-10, 06:21 PM
yeah would love a project but im looking for one to be my daily driver! I have a crazy mr2 turbo as a project/second car already!
So want somthing i can get in and have some fun in while i spend my monies on my mr2 project!
I have seen a gsi on piston heads for 2k! Maybe buy that and pay someone good to do the supporting mods like welding brakes sus ect and drop the lump in? Lol!
I dunno!

craig green
01-05-10, 07:14 PM
I thought my last ones was well converted but everyone does when its their own car but they'll always get mixed reveiws unless they've been money-pitted

Thing is, theres varying degrees of whats acceptable or the level of workmanship you'd see on a car built by say Andy Bishop or Martin Kelson, then theres the 'oh that'll do & I'll sort that later' attitude to getting a project on the road in time for tomorrows cruise. lol

MattBrown
01-05-10, 07:18 PM

It seems abit of an oddballer

Theres about 15 bolts, 5 wires, and 2 pipes to sort one.

So how anyone cant build a bad one is beyond me.

I helped a lad reloom a corsa, as it was horrendous what had been done to it!

Absolutely ciminal.

Also, make sure its registered as a 2.0, as the sort of person who registers them are more likely to care:thumb:

MattBrown
01-05-10, 07:20 PM
Craig, no offence, but how does being 30 make you qualified?

So sorry leeh your novas a shed.

And the local chav round here in a v6 nova, insured a 1.0 thats a propper nova?

Age means absolutely nothing

Stringing a scentence together however does lol

craig green
01-05-10, 07:23 PM
Been around a bit, know the ins & outs of what Novas are made of & just genearally a better outlook on cars in general.

No offence. Its just my opinion I'm entitled to.

Benn
01-05-10, 07:24 PM
With age comes knowledge and skills. Most of us have done the things your trying to do now thinking its new.

mowgli
01-05-10, 07:38 PM
if you are 30 or over, then you will have been educated way better than a young kid.....

back to the nova.... make sure it was mot'd with the engine in... there are tons of knackers that will never pass an mot in a month of sundays & are sold with a couple of months ticket on them.

craig green
01-05-10, 07:40 PM
And wisdom.

fastcar1cars
03-05-10, 06:59 PM
so can anyone point me in the direction of one?? pmsl!!
seriously where are they??

mowgli
03-05-10, 07:11 PM
the really good ones aren't for sale.

the occasional one that is is usually broken for spares because they cost much more to put together than they are worth

or you take your chances with buying one.

craig green
03-05-10, 07:18 PM
seriously where are they??

First port of call would be to look on a manchesterr council estate.
failing that look infront of the next poilice car with flashing Blues. lol

draper
03-05-10, 07:23 PM
id be very, very cautious of converted cars from now on. ive had a few heaps and seen some shockingly converted cars when looking around

fastcar1cars
03-05-10, 08:37 PM
Yeah like i said ive seen a clean standard gsi for sale dunno whether to buy that and pay someone to properly put a valver in!
Whats the cost lads?