PDA

View Full Version : Piccies from Brands Hatch track day

CP
26-04-03, 02:03 PM
Here's a link to the easytrack website for pictures of the Brands hatch track day we went to yesterday

http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/pages/trackdays/brands250403/index.html

Freak
26-04-03, 02:52 PM
http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/pages/trackdays/brands250403/image/dsc_0003.jpg
http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/pages/trackdays/brands250403/image/dsc_0026.jpg
http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/pages/trackdays/brands250403/image/dsc_0038.jpg
http://www.collinsclan.co.uk/pages/trackdays/brands250403/image/dsc_0054.jpg

its youuuuuuuu.

Looking good matey.

techie
26-04-03, 03:42 PM
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day i'll build a Nova that looks and goes just like that.

Best Nova on the planet.

Looks like you had fun CP!!!

locky
26-04-03, 03:48 PM
Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day i'll build a Nova that looks and goes just like that.

Like next weekend at the rate the project is comin along techie!

CP, looked like yet another good day out!

techie
26-04-03, 03:55 PM
Like next weekend at the rate the project is comin along techie!
!

I wish it would turn out as good as that! Finacnes wont allow it just yet...but one day, new job comming up with possible wage rise so once the house is sorted you never know. Ceratnly know the right people now with all the rallying weve been envolved with this and last year. Plus North and South who build the SEAT rally cars and the new SupaCopa's are opening a new workshop just up the road from our new dealership in Northampton :lol:

Fester
26-04-03, 04:00 PM
is that a guy in a Radical lagging?

CP
26-04-03, 06:49 PM
Nope that was MC pulling over to the right so the Radical could overtake! lol. I'm afraid it was way too fast for nearly everything out there.
We ran about mid order. We were a match for some of the Westfield/Caterhams but a fair few were running more horsepower and slicks= no contest. I managed to catch and overtake an Elise, Exige, a nice black Porsche Carerra, the white Evo and a Focus ST170 which was pretty nippy and much faster than I thought it would be ( it had induction mods and different springs on). MC did a fair few as well.
My best lap was 1.01.4 and Mark did a 1.01.3

Definitely a day for slicks - my Toyos took a caning.
Got a bit of brake fade - maybe fluid boiling but not sure.
Lost a lot of oil out the oil breather which made a right mess all over the engine bay and down the side etc.
Crank sensing wheel started to disintegrate ( found out this morning) wouldnt tick over.
New strut mounts caused some concern initially ( MC & the marshalls reported a clunk) but seemed to be just a bit oF spring dislocation.

Its very hard work on your car in the dry :!:

lee_gsi
26-04-03, 11:13 PM
CP I will be selling my 6x15 ET49 MO's with slicks fitted to them if you are interested.

Today was the last trackday I am doing for now as I am selling the nova and saving for a house.

mikeoxford
27-04-03, 01:43 AM
:oops: jealousy

nice one CP

maybe one day :roll:

Fletcher
27-04-03, 12:39 PM
truely great car,

do you fancy sharing any secerets on your suspension setup??

i take it your running lowered tie bars and strengthened arms ect???

CP
27-04-03, 07:31 PM
I dont have any secrets about set up and I dont pretend to know much about the subject - my car is no way set up as well for track handling as it could be. I based my mods on the article in Total Vauxhall (Issue 02/02). Dave at BAT gives some good advice and piccies of what to do in there. I asked advice at Pro-tec motorsport, Carquip and Motorsportdirect as well. The set up I have is a compromise cos it is a road car as well and although you may not believe I have spent about the minimum amount you can spend to get a reasonable result.

What I have tried & learnt so far really just confirms the accepted wisdom about things such as camber, caster, damping, toe out, removing free play in suspension components etc. I think Novas are a good base car to work with cos they are small and light and pretty neutral by nature which is a big help.
My main advice would be to get your car as light as possible - its by far the most cost effective mod there is.

Jim
27-04-03, 07:43 PM
Cool :) I'm gonna have to get myself on a track one day, lol.

Jim

Fletcher
27-04-03, 08:16 PM
so what do people recomend the drop for optimum handeling? say a base model of gsi, 30mm or so??

also how much higher doest the back sit?

CP, u said yours is a comprimise so what would your dream ''track only'' setup be :?:

CP
27-04-03, 10:33 PM
It depends on:
1. How heavy the car is ( inc passengers)
2. What use ( road or track)
3. Wheel size and offset.

Personally for ordinary road use i would get some 15" rims on cos it gives you a nice wide choice of performance tyres and will fit over most brake upgrades. I would drop it 30mm with G -max or similar alround if i was carrying passengers - and 60 mm on the back if I had it stripped out.

Stuart
28-04-03, 10:06 AM
so what about that setup we spoke about a while back, erm the rear beam jsut welded onto the chassis lmao

bet mr porsche was happy with a 1.4 overtaking him.

simon@novaheaven
28-04-03, 10:41 AM
ive currently got the rear of my nova stripped out and im running a gmax shock kit with -60mm springs, im finding the car to be very light and isnt really heavy enough to compress the shocks. im on the save for coilovers now to replace them :D

cp your car is mint!