PDA

View Full Version : finally kicked the hobbit

djshaggeh
30-04-10, 10:03 AM
I've finally kicked the habbit of smoking weed after 13 years of smoking it everyday. I'm so proud of myself! That is all :cool:

Edd
30-04-10, 10:07 AM
How long have you lasted to say you've kicked the habbit ?

Rysee
30-04-10, 10:10 AM
Well done dude, I bet after smoking it for that long you wont miss it as it probably didn't do anything for you.

I know a lad that smoked it everyday, left his room once every 2 weeks to sign on, his mum used to bring him food to his bedroom door and he thought the outside world was out to get him, i think he was just work shy

NovaLad
30-04-10, 10:13 AM
Did anyone else think the title said - '' I've Finally Kicked The Hobbit '' LOL!!!

I've finally kicked the habbit of smoking weed after 13 years of smoking it everyday. I'm so proud of myself! That is all :cool:

Won't your music go really sh1t now?
We shall see!

djshaggeh
30-04-10, 10:14 AM
I've been a week now and the cravings have pretty much subsided. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I feel much happier within myself and my life. I'm a sex machine now so the missus is happy. lol

NovaLad
30-04-10, 10:15 AM
Yes but all them hours standing next to the microwave to soften it will have had an effect on your love juices. lol

MattBrown
30-04-10, 10:20 AM
Yes but all them hours standing next to the microwave to soften it will have had an effect on your love juices. lol

Lmfao, next up will be

"Djshagehh, all my tools forsale"

Thread, with all his related accessories forsale lol

puss puss
30-04-10, 10:31 AM
Well done mate pat on the back and all that. So much more free money now surely? Smoking it that much everyday must of taken quite a lot to get stoned.

Not that i smoke it or anything lol ;)

L14MNP
30-04-10, 10:54 AM
http://dkpresents.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/dr-dre-the-chronic.jpg
[deep voice]Smoke weed every day[/deep voice]

Nice one mate. :)

Edd
30-04-10, 11:01 AM
On of the best albums ever that

NovaLad
30-04-10, 11:05 AM
I still no all the words to ''Forgot about Dre'' lol

[Ethnic Talk] Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothin comes out when they move they lips
Just a buncha gibberish
And mutha****as act like they forgot about Dre [/Ethnic Talk]

pikey1986
30-04-10, 11:14 AM
lol'd at ethnic talk

GRUNT 16V
30-04-10, 11:17 AM
Congrats You Ex Stoner!!!!!!!

Connor
30-04-10, 11:40 AM
Well done mate,
must of been hard giving up something you have been doing for soo long

craig green
30-04-10, 11:58 AM
Well done Shaggeh, it aint easy.

Riggy
30-04-10, 12:10 PM
lol at all you quoting songs that aint even on that album haha , chronic was a good album , illmatic was far better

craig green
30-04-10, 12:20 PM
lol at all you quoting songs that aint even on that album haha , chronic was a good album

You noticed. ;)

Illmatic isnt Dre though. :p

L14MNP
30-04-10, 12:42 PM
Aint nuttin but a G thang babyyyyy :cool:

Chronic 2001 is also one of the finest albums ever IMO. lol @ songs being quoted from it. lol

It makes me laugh as it reminds me of my daft mate who gets everything wrong, such as 'In a Mercedes-Benz with the windows up and the sysyem down...' LOL

mowgli
30-04-10, 12:48 PM
going up the east coast in my ldv on a mission tryin to find mr warren G....

is my fave misquote.....

L14MNP
30-04-10, 12:55 PM
It is a winner. I wonder if if Nate Dogg owns a Convoy, and Warren a Pilot. What a race!

I want some 14" gold D's but don't wanna get crept on in my 5.0 by some fool at the drive thru. :(

djshaggeh
30-04-10, 01:33 PM
Giving up smoking wasn't too difficult tbh. It's just difficult to stop hanging around with the same crowd of friends. But as my missus says, if my friends arn't willing to help and support me then they aren't really my friends.

I'm going to have extra monies to plow into the saloon now aswell :)

Chronic or illmatic hmmm now thats a difficult one. While we're on the topic of hip-hop/rap/gangsterism, is there any decent albums out atm? I'm getting bored of listening to dnb all the time in the wagon.

And cheers for all the message of support, it helps :)

NOVA_LEE
30-04-10, 01:44 PM
thing with weed is that its more of a mental addiction than anything because of a routine ya get into like. im stuck in a lil rut im tryna get out of like by occyupying my time with other things an go out with people who dont smoke it but everyones on the stuff an i mean everyone, dont get me wrong i enjoy a jigger but id like to stop one day :thumb:

Tim-SR
30-04-10, 01:48 PM
well done mate, i have a mate who does it and he always says he struggles to stop but like you said i think its the people he hangs around with...well done though mate, hope the music stays as good though :thumb:

Edd
30-04-10, 02:11 PM
Dr Dre has said his third and final album will deffo be out this year, going by the last two I would expect it to be awesome

mowgli
30-04-10, 02:15 PM
dr dre is 3 years older than me......... & all his stuff is written by others iirc

Mike
30-04-10, 02:16 PM
Drugs are bad umkay

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:17 PM
I don't believe you, ask your dad.

Edd
30-04-10, 02:20 PM
dr dre is 3 years older than me......... & all his stuff is written by others iirc
Nope 100% wrong

Dre composes all the beats for his tracks and writes his own lyrics.

Guy is a legend IMO

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:22 PM
lol @ written by others!

Give him one more platinum plaque, then **** rap you can have it back!

Dre has lost it a bit lately IMO, but who doesn't. He has put out more than enough win. Andre FTW. As Edd says, he lays down all the beats and samples on his own stuff. Produces more than you can imagine too.

Loads of 'artists' use Dre's beats!

If we're gonna 'diss' loser producers then make it Timbaland! lol

Mike
30-04-10, 02:22 PM
I don't believe you, ask your dad.

[random song quote from memory]If you dont believe me ask your mum[/random song quote from memory]

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:25 PM
[random song quote from memory]If you dont believe me ask your mum[/random song quote from memory]

:) lol. Drug Ballad from the Slim Shady EP iirc.

'Cause every time I go to try to leave [whoah oh] Somethin keeps pullin on my sleeve [whoah oh] I dont wanna but I gotta stay [whoa oh] These drugs really gotta hold on me.' lol

In 3rd grade all I used to do was sniff glue through a tube and play Rubiks cube..' Legend. lol

Mike
30-04-10, 02:27 PM
:) lol. Drug Ballad from the Slim Shady EP iirc.

'Cos everytime i try to pee, the andrex puppy is sitting in the corner watching me"

In 3rd grade all I used to do was prod poo through the rear tube and fantasis about Mr MGoo..' Legend. lol

LMFAO

Im not into all this rap shizzlestic melarky, but i do like making up my own words to tunes lol lol

Edd
30-04-10, 02:27 PM
Timbaland used to do some very good beats before he tried to cash in and go in the charts.

Early Jay-z, dmx and Missy elliot spring to mind

mowgli
30-04-10, 02:29 PM
Nope 100% wrong on the wiki for chronic snoopdogg appears to have done loads of writing of lyrics as has the D.O.C.....

Dre composes all the beats for his tracks and writes his own lyrics. i know for a fact that outhere brothers have written for him too

Guy is a legend IMO he is not dead yet, so by music rules, he is not a legend

Tommy_nova
30-04-10, 02:30 PM
bring on the lung butter lol well done mate

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:32 PM
Never been a Timbaland fan. Now I just wanna punch him, all cocky with his crew of Nelly Retardo and Justin Timbrfake. Gimps. lol

Jay-Z is still 'keepin it real' IMO. Nice little dig at autotune in Onto the next one.

Damn I hate that effect. Take note Owl City. lol

lol @ MIke. hip-hop FTW. Verrrry few artists put decent stuff out these days though, it's all Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy etc :/ FFS.

New Eminem track is OK (http://nahright.com/news/2010/04/29/eminem-not-afraid-prod-boi-1da/) Linked to me by a mate earlier on. Excuse the crappy breakdown and a couple other bits, and you get nice dark/moody Shady. :)

Mike
30-04-10, 02:35 PM
Never been a Timbaland fan. Now I just wanna punch him, all cocky with his crew of Nelly Retardo and Justin Timbrfake. Gimps. lol

Jay-Z is still 'keepin it real' IMO. Nice little dig at autotune in Onto the next one.

Damn I hate that effect. Take note Owl City. lol

lol @ MIke. hip-hop FTW. Verrrry few artists put decent stuff out these days though, it's all Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy etc :/ FFS.

New Eminem track is OK (http://nahright.com/news/2010/04/29/eminem-not-afraid-prod-boi-1da/) Linked to me by a mate earlier on. Excuse the crappy breakdown and a couple other bits, and you get nice dark/moody Shady. :)

Timberlake is only good at beatboxing (but so am I so meh bothered) partial to a bit of Jay Z tho.

IMHO, Naughty By Nature for me, none of this M&M's/Jazzy Jeff/Easy motherfcuking E shizzle

Edd
30-04-10, 02:36 PM
Snoop and D.O.C will have wrote there own lyrics as they feature alot on both Dre albums.

Why I think he is a legend is that in hip hop music he has been behind so much of it.

N.w.a, snoop dogg, warren g, Nate dogg, eminem, 50pence etc

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:36 PM
on the wiki for chronic snoopdogg appears to have done loads of writing of lyrics as has the D.O.C.....

Snoop and D.O.C feature a lot on the album though, so it stands to reason.

he is not dead yet, so by music rules, he is not a legend

Living legend.

i know for a fact that outhere brothers have written for him too

lol really? I'm sure that's one of his pioneering classics...

Dre is repsonsible for a massive change in hip hop (for the better)

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:38 PM
Timberlake is only good at beatboxing (but so am I so meh bothered) partial to a bit of Jay Z tho.

IMHO, Naughty By Nature for me, none of this M&M's/Jazzy Jeff/Easy motherfcuking E shizzle

Wide spectrum FTW. I currently bumpin a bit of Jigga. Reasonable Doubt and Blueprint 3. Switch it up. lol

mowgli
30-04-10, 02:41 PM
Dre is repsonsible for a massive change in hip hop (for the better)

how do you work that out???? as it is still being produced....

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:44 PM
As Edd said, it's all changed from gangsta rap with the advent of Eminem, 50 Cent, Snoops current style, D12 etc etc.

It is an acceptable genre now that is played on the air day in day out. None of that was the case before Dre went solo.

It is still being produced (by others) and 95% is complete and total poppy dross.

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:51 PM
Dr Dre has said his third and final album will deffo be out this year, going by the last two I would expect it to be awesome

Detox FTL. Zane Lowe played a sample from his newest track on R1 the other night. I wasn't sold. It may be a grower though.

Eminems new album, Recovery is out 22/6/10. Worth a download probably.

Luda also has a new one out. I may acquire that shortly. :thumb:

mowgli
30-04-10, 02:51 PM
rap was truly shyte when it started..... the first big hit rap record was by blondie........

gangsta rap started out being all we're all poor and hard done by & its a battle to survive etc....

then they were all we used to be poor but now we're really rich but it was hard......

so now they must be struggling to find stuff to complain about

L14MNP
30-04-10, 02:54 PM
Gangsta rap is as good as dead though. These days it's all about d!ckheads ballin' in their Lambos or driving Gulwings with the doors up. lol

I guess Eminem still moans a fair bit, about publicity/his mother and what it USED to be like being broke. Now you aint so stop bitchin. lol

Although his darker stuff is his best IMO. Meh.

I wanna watch CB4 now. lol

djshaggeh
30-04-10, 04:42 PM
Giving up smoking wasn't too difficult tbh. The difficult bit is not hanging round all my friends that smoke all the time. But as my missus put it to me, they aren't my friends if they are not willing to help and support me. Tbf most of them have respected the fact that I don't smoke anymore.

Cheers for all the nice messages, it now means that I'll be able to attend PVS without dissapearing off for a cheeky splif

Hobbit
30-04-10, 04:48 PM
Giving up smoking wasn't too difficult tbh. It's just difficult to stop hanging around with the same crowd of friends. But as my missus says, if my friends arn't willing to help and support me then they aren't really my friends.

Giving up smoking wasn't too difficult tbh. The difficult bit is not hanging round all my friends that smoke all the time. But as my missus put it to me, they aren't my friends if they are not willing to help and support me. Tbf most of them have respected the fact that I don't smoke anymore.

Good job you are giving up lol

bazil
30-04-10, 05:12 PM
I gave up years ago and really don't miss it and last December I gave up the ciggies after 17 years and I don't miss them either :)

Lies sometimes I still want a ciggarette, but i'm not having one!!

Edd
30-04-10, 05:16 PM
I tried giving up tobacco loads of times, no will power lol

bazil
30-04-10, 05:19 PM
gave up with no help so i guess I must have really wanted to stop, but I need to wait a year before I can change my life insurance to non smoker status and my premium will about half I've been told :)

Graeme
30-04-10, 05:34 PM
I used to be bang into both smoking and weed, and only decided to give up both just to prove I could, took advantage of a weeks holiday to Florida, and never did either up on my return. Its been five years now and I still don't believe I have truly quit, a Sunday dinner always felt more complete followed up with a ciggie and I miss messing with novas and having a spliff to celebrate and achievement once the job was complete but I can't imagine I'll ever get back into either, a little older and wiser and if I can give any advice its watch your eating, I put on serious weight and have always struggled to shift it, not that I have ever really tried too. A lot of mates still smoke both but I don't see the attraction, bad breath and paranoia are something I can live without, but I don't envy them any more as I know its not doing them any favours in the long term

brainsnova
30-04-10, 05:52 PM
congrats mate and you too Graeme ive never done both as a habbit and never will as smoke breath puts me right off.

mr5050
30-04-10, 05:58 PM
this is my kind of thread, firstly well done mate its not easy. you will only be successful if you want to do it, as said earlier its completley a mind thing as skunk is medically proven to contain 0% addictive propperties, unfortunatley the same cant be said about the tobbaco you mix with it. i smoke myself but most of my friends have recently given up for reasons that i dont find a problem, couldnt be bothered to work , chase girls, organise things to etc. it effects everyone it different ways, please dont be brainwashed by the government who make out if you take 1 drag youll want to stab your cat, it only exasabates underlying problems, it does not create them. on to the music side of things, yes dre is one the best producers alive, jay z is the most overated rappers ever and eminems slim shady lp has to be my all time favourite hiphop album. one luv

Graeme
30-04-10, 05:59 PM
I wish I'd of seen the finacial benefits everyone told me I would, never happened I was always just as skint as before, but I blame that on Novas

mowgli
30-04-10, 06:09 PM
I wish I'd of seen the finacial benefits everyone told me I would, never happened I was always just as skint as before, but I blame that on Novas

are you smoking novas????

Graeme
30-04-10, 06:11 PM
I did get through a few in my younger years but they are equally a financial burden

djshaggeh
30-04-10, 06:33 PM
Some epic comments on here, made me lol all the way through!

Hobbit, my internet connection at work must have stacked it as it didn't show my first post!

The main reason I stopped is due to a massive arguement involving my girl friend, my friends and the missus's best mate. Which ended up with me nearly throwing my missus best mate out of my living room window. Needless to say my friends and my girl friend lost alot of respect for me that day and the worst thing about it is I thought I was in the right. Unfortunately due to that and other reasons the missus is moving back to her mums house after living with me for 7 years. Which sobered me up just a tad.

I'm lucky in the fact that we are still together. I had to eat a big bit of humble pie and apologise to her friend. But I know a couple of my mates that witnessed it now think I'm a monster even though I'm about 5 foot 10 and built like an ethopian (sp) so I'm not too worried about putting on a little weight!

Why has no-one mentioned DJ Premier when it comes to hip hop producers?

Does anyone here listen to UK hip hop or Jurassic 5 or should I get my coat?

J5 - Concrete schoolyard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeN9c2GYJkk
Klashnekoff - Murda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGJd1LwQ64
Skinnyman & Foreign Beggars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31U6wKbaosQ

Hobbit
30-04-10, 06:42 PM
was from the page before...

djshaggeh
30-04-10, 06:44 PM
Not sure what happened then hobbit, might have something to do with it logging out if I leave it idle for too long.

Hobbit
30-04-10, 06:46 PM
no you just forgot that you had wrote the exact same thing three hours earlier

djshaggeh
30-04-10, 06:48 PM
Nah I never I hit post and it asked me to login so i assumed it didn't post :P

Balley
well done feela i know how hard it is

NovaLad
I still can't believe you kicked the Hobbit.

Riggy
30-04-10, 09:04 PM
Does anyone here listen to UK hip hop or Jurassic 5 or should I get my coat?

J5 - Concrete schoolyard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeN9c2GYJkk

now I used to really like that J5 song lol , there current albums isnt too bad actually aswell ,

i must admit to having a massive collection of old skool rap, from ini kamoze . right through all nas albums , jay z , luda , eminem , foxy brown ,warren g and 2pac etc , but i hated biggie lol never did i buy a biggie or a puffy album lol

Spudly
30-04-10, 09:06 PM
http://209.85.48.10/html/emoticons/ninja.gif

Riggy
30-04-10, 09:07 PM
You noticed. ;)

Illmatic isnt Dre though. :p

yeah went off on a tangent of albums that i was buying in 94 lol

Andy
30-04-10, 09:13 PM
Great work mate keep it up,i was an enthusiast for nearly a decade so know how hard it is.I had nightmares for a fortnight

craig green
30-04-10, 09:15 PM
Cheers for all the nice messages, it now means that I'll be able to attend PVS without dissapearing off for a cheeky splif

Is that so bad? lol

Rap has had its day though. Most oif it sounds like a bunch of kids let loose with a fisher pryce keyboard, oh & whats with this auto-tune nonsense on all vocals now. More common than a henley's 'T'. Only a couple rappers in the main stream still sound real.
As for Dre, I heard that leak on Zanes show, it was pants tbh & no way is that going to be on any album, but 2001 was pretty weird & ahead of its time when it was released, I got it the week it was released & remember playing it over & over not knowing what to make of it. What an album though. Anything new from Dre will be groundbreaking.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u181/SparkleCity86/DoggPoundDoggFood.jpg

Edd
30-04-10, 09:19 PM
^^ you know thats just a awesome album, amazing beats

John
30-04-10, 09:20 PM
Lolz at the title!

craig green
30-04-10, 09:26 PM
^^ you know thats just a awesome album, amazing beats

Produced by Dr Dre.