PDA

View Full Version : My story part 2!

Nobby
29-04-10, 09:20 PM
Well as some of you know my Nova got wrote off last thursday after building my c20let and i did 4 miles before some bird pulled out on me and KO'D it!

So this left me with no Nova and me and the MRS in serious whiplash pain bruising etc etc. So we both made a claim for the personal injury and went to the doctors etc. Then tuesday morning i had a letter from the girls insurance telling me she HAD admitted liability and i was buzzing as i thought this would go on for ages! So i rang them up and they offered me a PI claim over the phone of £1500 + £250 work lost so in total £1750! and they offered the Mrs the same apart from were off to a wedding on sunday thats she bought a dress for and now cant use it so she has had £1800! Both cheques arrived this morning and are being banked.

As for the car it was insured as a LET mot'd and taxed but as the tax didnt run out till tommorow and the car wasnt on the road (no excuse i know) it was only booked as a 1.0 so the insurance would only pay for a 1.0 total value of £305! and they classed it as a class A so it had to be destoyed.

So i decided not to claim for the car and keep the engine and weigh it in, So today i received a phone call from Napalm at about 4pm saying he wanted the engine so we agreed a price and he came up helpd me get it out and was on his way home before 8pm!! People on here slag him off but ive not met such a nice honest chap in ages really proves you cant judge a book by its cover!

So know i have money and need a new nova so im off upto bonny scotland next weekend on a aeroplane (as its cheaper than driving and takes 3 hours less to collect L1uxxx's 2.5 v6!!

So im happy but still gutted for my nova! Thanks for all the support though!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

16v Nova Kev
29-04-10, 09:23 PM
happy for you chap. but think you could have got more

Connor
29-04-10, 09:23 PM
Crikey, been a busy week :p
Shame you didnt get to use your LET for long
but you win some, lose some

Saloony
29-04-10, 09:25 PM
So i decided not to claim for the car and keep the engine and weigh it in, So today i received a phone call from Napalm at about 4pm saying he wanted the engine so we agreed a price and he came up helpd me get it out and was on his way home before 8pm!! People on here slag him off but ive not met such a nice honest chap in ages really proves you cant judge a book by its cover!

He stick you an extra £50 to say that lol

djshaggeh
29-04-10, 09:31 PM
Its a shame about your car and the injuries to your missus. I'm glad it all came good in the end. I had a simliar experience at the beginning of the year when some nob in a saxo wrote off my GTE :( But his insurence company gave me a quick pay out which was nice as I hate all the yo-yo phone calls between insurence companies and solicitors.

L1uxxx's v6 looks like a beast you lucky ****, I'm not jealous much!

burgo
29-04-10, 09:33 PM
christ he paid that much for an engine that has just been a s shunt that big!!! he really is a mug lmao. Fair play to you though lmfao

Mike
29-04-10, 09:33 PM
A shÃ*tty situation with a mint ending :) good stuff chap :) shame to hear about the whiplash etc

l1nuxxx
29-04-10, 09:54 PM
I am well glad to hlep you out mate :thumb: . Its good when insurance place get there finger out with stuff. Its weird coz I have now done all the wee bits I wanted to do when I got it like touch up the paint and underseal it and stuff so is looking and running great. I hope to buy it back someday lol :thumb:

napalm_27
30-04-10, 02:31 AM
christ he paid that much for an engine that has just been a s shunt that big!!! he really is a mug lmao. Fair play to you though lmfao

the engine wasnt touched by the car
the only bit touched was the coil and tbh im really surpised at it

the only problem with the engine is that the exhaust stud is a little bent from were we got the engine stuck and i decided that standing in the rain any longer wasnt to my liking, so tried to pull the car over the top and drop the engine out the bottom but the engine had other ideas and it rested on the lower valence and bent the stud a little :roll: owell really pleased just hope everything goes smoothly into my nova tomorrow

NovaLad
30-04-10, 02:51 AM
As said good to hear a happy ending... but...
If you really do have whiplash etc... and you have just taken a settlement now the insurance company won't pay for physio to sort out the problems.

If you have genuine whiplash and other problems they can go on for years!

When i was in a car crash about 3 years ago i got a nice about 20+ weeks in physio and then settled for a nice £2200+ sum of money.
I know i had to wait but it was well worth it because my injuries were genuine...
I still have problems with my neck and left shoulder after all this time.

All the best!

napalm_27
30-04-10, 03:21 AM
yup like i said to nobby earlier i was in a crash and my ribs were killing me when trying to take the engine out
not nice thing to get every now and then :(

pikey1986
30-04-10, 08:04 AM
great news, fingers crossed no one will pull out on you this time lol