PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Fears!

NovaLad
29-04-10, 02:36 PM
I'm talking about the type that make you feel sick, dizzi and like you're going to have a panick attack.

I'll start with mine... FLYING.

I've been away on holiday abroad when i was younger a couple of times and allways loved the flying part and same again when i got to 13 i went to Turkey every year and was fine up until after i turned 17. (Turned 17 in the April 07 went abroad in the September 07).

Anyways that september 07 i really didn't enjoy it at all!!!
I was just worrying all the time and stuff but it was copeable.

September 08 came and the same happened again but it was a little worse but again i just got on with it.

Lastly came September 09 last year!!!
Basicly i was dizzi, sick, felt like i was going to pass out or have a panick attack my mouth was all dry my palms were all sweaty it was the most aweful experience ever!

I got with my GF in the November and we are now due to fly away on holiday this June! :(

I'm totally bricking it and really want to go away but i'm worried it's going to be worse than last year!

Ok now after reading that let's see if you think the reason for it is the same as mine!

I passed my driving test in the December 07 but had been driving since my 17th in the April so that's around about 6 month that i was driving for before i went flying for the 1st time when i didn't like it.

I got my Nova on the road on the Jan 1st 08 and clocked up just under 2 years driving by the time i had that experience in 09.

So my logic is that i hate Flying because i'm not in control of what's going on and if anything happens... YOU'RE F*CKED!!!!

There is no way out and it's the thought of free falling and not being able to do anything about it.

I can't help but listen to the engines when taking off, flying and landing now and i listen for the slightest noises and it's really ruining alot of me!

It's not just when i get to the airport that i experience this though now...
Even if i'm watching a film with flying or onboard shots i can't stand it.
I dream about it now aswell!

I've been told to go see my doc but i don't think they could help me at all.

Anyways - I'm booked in next wed to talk to him about that and some other cr4p so i'll tell yas what he says.

That's my story.
What's yours.

Or if anyone has any genuine input on other peoples fears then please share.

:thumb:

p.s sorry if it's a bit mixed up i couldn't get my head around what to type. lol

dj_wudgey
29-04-10, 02:39 PM
i used to love flying but not now after sept the 11th!

General Baxter
29-04-10, 02:42 PM
think of it this way, your going to go quick in a plane, **** drowning lol

Jon_nova1
29-04-10, 02:46 PM
Im abit like that when im the passenger in a car, i get in and im like...oo noes, the steering wheels on that side lol

I used to be scared of heights, but at my current job i was trained on a high level picking truck and reach truck,. both a capable of going around 8-10 metres high and you have around 1.5x0.5 metres of platform to stand on, when i first started i certainly sh*t bricks when i'd lift a load that made the cabin wobble lol

bazil
29-04-10, 02:48 PM
^^
they can help mate, i know a guy who had his ear drum burst on a plane years ago and he went through the same thing you after that experience so he went to the docs and is now prescribed pills to take before going to the airport to relax him and they work, 2 hoildays a year and he's never looked back.

my fear, being cought in a fire and burned alive, it makes bazil cry :(

NovaLad
29-04-10, 02:52 PM
^^
they can help mate, i know a guy who had his ear drum burst on a plane years ago and he went through the same thing you after that experience so he went to the docs and is now prescribed pills to take before going to the airport to relax him and they work, 2 hoildays a year and he's never looked back.

my fear, being cought in a fire and burned alive, it makes bazil cry :(

The mother in law mentioned something that puts you in an almost asleep/ out of it state. I'm going to mention this.
The problem is the flight is only hours so it needs to wear off. lol.

Do you know why you are affraid of that Bazil?

General Baxter
29-04-10, 02:52 PM
The mother in law mentioned something that puts you in an almost asleep/ out of it state.

your not allowed to be pissed on the flight lol

stevie-p
29-04-10, 02:53 PM
do close encounters or things happening because of said fear etc not cause things like this

Stuart
29-04-10, 02:56 PM
i used to love flying but not now after sept the 11th!

you utter utter pussy.... that means "they" won :wall:

NovaLad
29-04-10, 02:56 PM
Didn't help my situation when that fooking volcano decided to blow it's load in the sky either :(

stevie-p
29-04-10, 02:59 PM
nothing came of it and pilots capabilities nowadays are unbeleievable (sp) like the one who landed in the hudson? river

burgo
29-04-10, 03:49 PM
stop being bludy MEN and go docs, there is plenty they can do for an anxiety disorder!! which is what "fear" is.

draper
29-04-10, 03:51 PM
the only thing im scared of was the landlady in my local, when she told you to behave by giod you did !! luckily shes moved on now s its back to the usual fighting lol

rubachuk
29-04-10, 03:53 PM
Get Hannibal and Murdoch to drug your milk

wwmnw
29-04-10, 03:56 PM
Heights, well not heights but when I'm stood near the edge of something I.E cliff, or like years ago when I was doing abseiling some lad ran up to the edge of the roof and pretended to jump off, I nearly shat myself and on that topic when I was getting ready to do my abseil I think people noticed how nervous I was as I farted when I was on the edge and even to this day I've never smelled a fart that bad.

Lee
29-04-10, 04:22 PM
Your chances of being killed in a plane are about 1 in 11 million, wheras your chance of being killed in your car are about 1 in 5000. Just try to remember than next time you're getting nervous, although i imagine its developed into a full blown phobia.

I developed a terrible fear of having a heart attack after I had my appendix out. I nor the doctor could work out why I was feeling like that, but I suspect it wass omething to do with coming face to face with my own mortality for the first time. (it properly burst, and I was around 2 hours from carking it apparently)

It took me two years to get over it, I had regular ECG's and blood tests, very rarely slept properly, every time i felt even a slight pain in my chest or felt a twinge in my arm I would get very panicky. I also got very nervous on my own because I was convinced i was going to have a coronary and no one would be around to help me. It didnt help that I get regular Ectopic heart beats (2 or so a day), so every time I had one I would be convinced i was going to have a HA.

The human brain is a funny old thing really. Im absolutely fine now, and I still cant explain why I felt like that for so long or why it went away, or even whether it will come back.

mowgli
29-04-10, 04:25 PM
novalad, flying is 100% perfectly safe, is the horrible fiery crashing that does you in.......

bazil
29-04-10, 04:30 PM
The fear of heights always confused me, surley you should be scared of the ground as it will do the damage?

wwmnw
29-04-10, 04:32 PM
The fear of heights always confused me, surley you should be scared of the ground as it will do the damage?

I think its the falling and not being able to stop yourself bit that scares people.

NovaLad
29-04-10, 04:33 PM
When i 1st go up and work at hights at the start of any day i feel a bit weird but it soon goes after about half hour. (When i was working lol)

For people that actually work at hights everyday it's not a problem for them but they can actually find it very strange being on the ground.

mowgli
29-04-10, 04:39 PM
look, there is nothing natural about flying, it is the safest thing you'll do all holiday, its good to have misgivings about stuff... fearlessness creates complacency

i remember hearing about a bloke who would not fly quantas, simply because they'd never had a fatal crash....

bazil
29-04-10, 05:32 PM
I think its the falling and not being able to stop yourself bit that scares people.

there is a bridge not far from me that alot of people jump from to kill themselves and I've had a horrible dream that I fell over the edge and was falling to the water and the split second before I hit the water I woke up! Proper **** myself at that one, iirc over 100 people have died there since the bridge was built the most recent was two young girls both wre younger that 18.

The burning thing I'm scared of isn't the fear of fire or a slight burn but being traped in a burning car and not being able to escape, it started after I rolled my second SR with myself and girlfriend in the car, it wasn't a big crash tbh just got it wrong on the road upto the farm where I stayed at the time in the snow, 30 mph and went up the verge and rolled but both walked out the sunroof ok then for weeks I had nightmares about it and the what if it went on fire etc etc

General Baxter
29-04-10, 05:33 PM
my only fear is finding nothing in the fridge

NovaLad
29-04-10, 05:36 PM
The burning thing I'm scared of isn't the fear of fire or a slight burn but being traped in a burning car and not being able to escape, it started after I rolled my second SR with myself and girlfriend in the car, it wasn't a big crash tbh just got it wrong on the road upto the farm where I stayed at the time in the snow, 30 mph and went up the verge and rolled but both walked out the sunroof ok then for weeks I had nightmares about it and the what if it went on fire etc etc
Following on from that i hate being in mates 3 door cars incase their was an accident and i couldn't get out i am very claustrophobic at times.!

My best mate has a 5 door golf and he puts the child locks on the rear doors because he nearly allways carries his children but it does my head in if i'm sat in the back especially on motorway journeys because he isn't confident on them.

wwmnw
29-04-10, 05:37 PM
iirc over 100 people have died there since the bridge was built the most recent was two young girls both wre younger that 18.

Would that be the one that was on the news not long ago, two young lasses that lived in a home or something?

Lol at Baxter, I have that fear too.

mowgli
29-04-10, 05:37 PM
i'm petrified of 3 things

1.deep water, that i'm swimming in
2. big hairy spiders
3. hypodermic needles.

if i ever manage to encounter all three at once, i will scream like a little girl

mowgli
29-04-10, 05:38 PM
Would that be the one that was on the news not long ago, two young lasses that lived in a home or something?

Lol at Baxter, I have that fear too.

you must come from a right sh!thole to think that was newsworthy

NovaLad
29-04-10, 05:39 PM
There is a bridge up in the hills from me called suicide bridge... wonder why.

Mowgli i too don't particulary like being in the open seas where you can see straight down because the water is that clear...
It's like that in Turkey.

Matt
29-04-10, 05:48 PM
novalad, flying is 100% perfectly safe, is the horrible fiery crashing that does you in.......

lol!

djbrowney
29-04-10, 05:48 PM
my only genuine frear is what control i have over my own ocd :cry:

so long as i have enough rizzla's to last me until the end of the day im happy :thumb:

Andy
29-04-10, 05:50 PM
Your ocd is having lots of packs of skins?!

mowgli
29-04-10, 05:50 PM
NL, i get mild panic attacks in the deep end of the public baths..........

i also took up windsurfing, you'd be amazed how determined i am to keep on the board

djbrowney
29-04-10, 05:53 PM
Your ocd is having lots of packs of skins?!

what i was trying to say was i pretty ****ing chilled out apart from the ocd lol

mowgli
29-04-10, 05:57 PM
i bet the rollups are really neat though

Andy
29-04-10, 06:01 PM
what i was trying to say was i pretty ****ing chilled out apart from the ocd lol
oh lol

bmw156
29-04-10, 06:04 PM
i was once mugged, and for at least 2 years afterwards, any time i would see a chav i would get nervous. just bought back the inside butterflies. still does now a small bit but im alot better. it also didnt help that is was on kellys road, so everytime i went to see her, i was negativly reinforced so to speak.

and another fear is to do with heights, the height doesnt scare me. its the possibility of jumping off and losing everything. just thinking, im like 30cm from death.

another example is that when i was in NY i went to the rockafella building, which has like 10ft tall glass, massivly thick and i wasnt scared abit, the view was immense.

NovaLad
29-04-10, 06:10 PM
NL, i get mild panic attacks in the deep end of the public baths..........

i also took up windsurfing, you'd be amazed how determined i am to keep on the board

LMAO :thumb:

General Baxter
29-04-10, 06:13 PM
****, the fridge is empty lol

Mike
29-04-10, 06:16 PM
baghead needles & babies.

Jack
29-04-10, 06:24 PM
Flight is one of the safest form of travel, the problem is when an aircraft does drop out the sky you tend to have a high casualty rate. Hence being all over the news. Mind you, I'm sure I heard that if you survive a crash on a BA flight you get free flights for life. I will the plane to crash, a nice heavy landing will do me lol

I don't really have a fear of anything. The thing with flight is that if you do go down, then there's nothing you can do about it, so whats the point in worrying? At least if you're driving a car and you crash its up to you to try and stop or minimise the damage. On a plane, there's nothing you can do so just go with it. Same reasoning as to why I've never really been scared of medical stuff (although I don't like hospitals, thats different lol). The docs didn't seem to understand my complete melancholy about being diagnosed with cancer lol

Oohhh actually, no scratch that. I have a fear of slugs. Like irrational fear. I'd actually stab someone in the face if they put one near me.

your not allowed to be pissed on the flight lol
Clearly you've never flown club! You're pretty much half cut on free drinks in the lounge before you even get on the plane lol

there is a bridge not far from me that alot of people jump from to kill themselves and I've had a horrible dream that I fell over the edge and was falling to the water and the split second before I hit the water I woke up!
I'm sure I remember reading about how they reckon if you have a dream like that, and you hit the floor (or whatever) then you die in your sleep. Right, so how do they figure that one out then? "So, did you hit the floor just before you died in your sleep?" lol

Hayley
29-04-10, 06:41 PM
The thing with flight is that if you do go down, then there's nothing you can do about it, so whats the point in worrying? At least if you're driving a car and you crash its up to you to try and stop or minimise the damage. On a plane, there's nothing you can do so just go with it.

Thats one of the main reasons im scared of flying. The lack of being in control, being a million miles up in the air, and the fact that if something goes wrong, you have got a couple of mins of falling to the earth to contemplate your death! boo :cry:

I had to get taken off a plane a few years ago when it was on the runway, I properly freaked out and they had to re-open the doors and let me get off.. otherwise I would of started punching. The pilot came out to speak to me but i was too out of it to remember that.

Novalad, maybe one of those fear of flying courses will help. I went on one with Virgin a couple of years ago and it was quite helpful. They taught you all about the noises to expect etc..you get a bit of a hypo therapist session and then you go on an hour long flight at the end of the day. I am still petrified of flying but it might help you.

Jack
29-04-10, 06:44 PM
I am still petrified of flying
...says the person who likes to look in the window of holiday places at package deals to the dominican :p

Hayley
29-04-10, 06:46 PM
Well I also daydream about fit guys that pass me in the street but it doesnt mean i will jump their bones if I got the chance.

loves. lol

bazil
29-04-10, 06:48 PM
This is the bridge I fall of in my dream, funny thing is it's part of my gritting route in the winter lol

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/random1/d2f6b23c.jpg

Mike
29-04-10, 06:49 PM
^ rah wouldnt mind bungee jumping off that!

Mieran
29-04-10, 07:19 PM
Going round a corner in a Vauxhall lol

Benn
29-04-10, 07:29 PM

No, remember the movie you pick on a plane must be good, as it might be your last.

vauxluva
29-04-10, 07:34 PM
I'm talking about the type that make you feel sick, dizzi and like you're going to have a panick attack.

I'll start with mine... FLYING.

I've been away on holiday abroad when i was younger a couple of times and allways loved the flying part and same again when i got to 13 i went to Turkey every year and was fine up until after i turned 17. (Turned 17 in the April 07 went abroad in the September 07).

Anyways that september 07 i really didn't enjoy it at all!!!
I was just worrying all the time and stuff but it was copeable.

September 08 came and the same happened again but it was a little worse but again i just got on with it.

Lastly came September 09 last year!!!
Basicly i was dizzi, sick, felt like i was going to pass out or have a panick attack my mouth was all dry my palms were all sweaty it was the most aweful experience ever!

I got with my GF in the November and we are now due to fly away on holiday this June! :(

I'm totally bricking it and really want to go away but i'm worried it's going to be worse than last year!

Ok now after reading that let's see if you think the reason for it is the same as mine!

I passed my driving test in the December 07 but had been driving since my 17th in the April so that's around about 6 month that i was driving for before i went flying for the 1st time when i didn't like it.

I got my Nova on the road on the Jan 1st 08 and clocked up just under 2 years driving by the time i had that experience in 09.

So my logic is that i hate Flying because i'm not in control of what's going on and if anything happens... YOU'RE F*CKED!!!!

There is no way out and it's the thought of free falling and not being able to do anything about it.

I can't help but listen to the engines when taking off, flying and landing now and i listen for the slightest noises and it's really ruining alot of me!

It's not just when i get to the airport that i experience this though now...
Even if i'm watching a film with flying or onboard shots i can't stand it.
I dream about it now aswell!

Anyways - I'm booked in next wed to talk to him about that and some other cr4p so i'll tell yas what he says.

That's my story.
What's yours.

Or if anyone has any genuine input on other peoples fears then please share.

:thumb:

p.s sorry if it's a bit mixed up i couldn't get my head around what to type. lolIm the same as you soon as i started driving that was it i dont even like being a pasenger in a car?My gf says im a control freek? dont like planes or boats.Trains and busses i can deal with:thumb: :confused: lol

General Baxter
29-04-10, 07:35 PM
^ rah wouldnt mind bungee jumping off that!

what into the blades lol

blended mike FTW :thumb:

Mike
29-04-10, 07:51 PM
what into the blades lol

blended mike FTW :thumb:

No quite what I had in mind cheif lol lol lol

wwmnw
29-04-10, 08:04 PM
But epic none the less.

dj_wudgey
29-04-10, 08:24 PM
F*ck that you have the stres off the plane faling and all that but id rather not drown either!

Jeff16v
30-04-10, 04:50 PM
isn't the brace position on a crash landing so you brake your neck when you crash, nice and quick:thumb: its the sh&ting yourself that’s embarrassing (thats my fear) especially if you survivelol

Stoo
30-04-10, 05:01 PM
what into the blades lol

Rotors ;)

NL, next time you fly, sit by the window near a wing, and when youre barreling down the runway, watch the wingtips rise as the wings bend upwards and take the weight of the aircraft ;)

NovaLad
30-04-10, 05:17 PM
Rotors ;)

NL, next time you fly, sit by the window near a wing, and when youre barreling down the runway, watch the wingtips rise as the wings bend upwards and take the weight of the aircraft ;)

BLOW ME! :thumb:

bazil
30-04-10, 05:20 PM
Iirc the newer RAF planes are just glued and taped together?

Saloony
30-04-10, 06:07 PM
Rock music being killed off..

And being on my own

mowgli
30-04-10, 06:08 PM
Rock music being killed off..

And being on my own

shouldn't you add 'banning snakebite' to that list?

Saloony
30-04-10, 06:09 PM
shouldn't you add 'banning snakebite' to that list?

Christ, not had one of them in years, was at a gig the other night and some bloke ordered one.... ill stick to me coke.

Ernie
30-04-10, 06:10 PM
ultimate fear.
Being in a transit van with my car trailer on the back with Lee at the wheel from Bath junction to Reading on the M4.Thats wasnt to bad but the back roads ive never been so scared lol

mowgli
30-04-10, 06:12 PM
yeah, i went to a whitesnake gig in derby a few years back(free ticket & went for pissup) and the barman looked surprised when i didn't order one... i had to explain that i wanted lager in both halves of the glass. i thought i was going to have to draw a picture for him

Saloony
30-04-10, 06:51 PM
You get looked at with the look of 'you've just shagged my cat' if you dont wear the obligatory black 'tour date' t-shirt too lol

Stoo
30-04-10, 07:39 PM
BLOW ME! :thumb:

Mate, im serious!!

It happens!!!!

Bazil!

Spit and blutak mate

Stuart
30-04-10, 08:06 PM
stoooo speaketh the truth, how the hell did you think an aircraft gets off the ground? the wings hold it up ffs

muzzy
30-04-10, 08:13 PM
My fears are heights and rolling a car/being a car when it rolls.

I am getting slightly better with the rolling car thing but for ages I would brick it if someone went fast round a tight corner.

Height's I just don't like, never have done but at one of my jobs I had to go up in a Genie lift, the basket moves around like a bitch...sack that ever again!

Lee
30-04-10, 08:20 PM
ultimate fear.
Being in a transit van with my car trailer on the back with Lee at the wheel from Bath junction to Reading on the M4.Thats wasnt to bad but the back roads ive never been so scared lol

I forgot it was on the back :(

Ernie
30-04-10, 08:23 PM
ive got the vid from my phone somewere lol

NovaLad
05-05-10, 05:36 PM
Update***

Went to see my GP today and he's given me 4 DIAZEPAM 5mg Tablets...

Take 1 pre flight which will make me feel like i just don't give a f*ck about anything going on and in my own world lol.

But if that fails take another after 1-2 hours which will knock me out cold haha!!!
WOOP can't wait now :)

Sure DIAZEPAM is what they give as a substitute to druggies lol.

Got loads of it at my dads GF's. (She isn't an ex druggy)

Spudly
05-05-10, 05:41 PM
Sure DIAZEPAM is what they give as a substitute to druggies lol.

No dear, thats methadone :p

NovaLad
05-05-10, 05:42 PM
Thought it was Methadone and Diazepam together? :S

mowgli
05-05-10, 05:43 PM
druggies cook it up & inject it.....

it is just a tranquiliser...

NovaLad
05-05-10, 05:45 PM
Ahh ok...
Either way it's going to be fun times :)

mowgli
05-05-10, 05:47 PM
just do NOT drink anything in the airport bar beforehand to 'calm your nerves' or you will be on the 6 o clock news

MK999
05-05-10, 06:00 PM
Iirc the newer RAF planes are just glued and taped together?

Yep, and most of the Airbus A380/the new boeing superplane I forget the name of is glued together too :)

Hayley
05-05-10, 06:01 PM
Update***

Went to see my GP today and he's given me 4 DIAZEPAM 5mg Tablets...

Take 1 pre flight which will make me feel like i just don't give a f*ck about anything going on and in my own world lol.

But if that fails take another after 1-2 hours which will knock me out cold haha!!!
WOOP can't wait now :)

Update how the drugs work.. I may be very tempted to get some of my doccies next time I have to fly if they proper zonk you out. Jack can just drag me onto the plane drooling and talking gibberish. lol

Andy
05-05-10, 06:02 PM
druggies cook it up & inject it.....

it is just a tranquiliser...
Your thinking of the old gel fixed ones which are now banned as people were injecting them and losing limbs:tard:
They are infact muscle relaxants and 5mg ones are fukk all.In my "experimenting days" i regurlarly took half a dozen of the 10mg ones and 8 cans of stella lol Next day you dont remember a thing lol
Drinking on them just heightens the feeling quicker and stronger

Lee
05-05-10, 06:02 PM
Jack can just drag me onto the plane drooling and talking gibberish. lol

And what will you be doing? :)

mayhem
05-05-10, 06:03 PM
lol.

if the plane crashes, you die. nothing to be worried about ;)

mowgli
05-05-10, 06:14 PM
lol.

if the plane crashes, you die. nothing to be worried about ;)

nuff said

Bubba
05-05-10, 06:41 PM
we supply airbus with material...you have nothing to worry about. :)

Dar
05-05-10, 07:08 PM
I have a fear of Chuck Norris!

pikey1986
05-05-10, 07:21 PM
/\ lol

i have an immense fear of spiders, cant stand the ferking things

draper
05-05-10, 08:22 PM
after living back with my parents for a week i am now definatly scraed of my mother in a morning, until shes had 3 fags and 5cups of tea she'd scare chuck norris

Bubba
05-05-10, 08:29 PM
Heights...if i go near a cliff edge (as in 5m or so) thats it my legs just go "nuh uh im going no further"

djshaggeh
05-05-10, 08:35 PM
I have a genuine fear of pop music

dj_wudgey
06-05-10, 01:11 AM
its just geting blown up on planes for me ha ha!

NovaLad
17-06-10, 01:46 PM
I fly tomorrow night

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vQmMK7udEnc/Snho5oL5qVI/AAAAAAAAAfY/U7VL8KLzcUc/s320/Crying+Baby.jpg

Jack
17-06-10, 01:48 PM
Just fly club class, you'll be too roasted on free drinks to care what the aircraft is doing lol

GRUNT 16V
17-06-10, 01:49 PM
good luck bud have you packed a parachute??????? lol

draper
17-06-10, 01:50 PM
at least the ash cloud has gone now............................................... ..

mowgli
17-06-10, 01:51 PM
just make sure the landing light is on, and you'll be fine

Hobbit
17-06-10, 02:09 PM
Hard work

mowgli
17-06-10, 03:20 PM
NL, man up, its not like they will ask you to fly the sodding thing, unless you are going ryanair that is

NovaLad
28-06-10, 10:25 PM
Home Sweet Home!!! Will be on in a few days.
Staying at my GF's for the moment!
Start some Job Centre FJF job thurs also.

mowgli
28-06-10, 10:26 PM
fjf????

NovaLad
29-06-10, 09:21 AM
FJF stands for Future Jobs Fund where you get to apply to certain jobs through the job centre which you have a alot better chance of getting!
The down fall is you get these jobs for just 6 month and only minimum wage. Their isn't a major chance they will keep you as a cards in employee after either. But! It's better than taking tax payers money and sitting on my **** all day waiting for rejection letters/calls.

Andy
29-06-10, 04:11 PM
haha new deal then lol-just reworded to sound better lol

mowgli
29-06-10, 04:23 PM
we put an ad in the jobcentre & it was actually an awful experience. the job was good, the chosen candidate far exceeded our expectations, but some of the applicants were properly dejected, they had been out of work for years, no prospects, but loads of qualifications.

we were told off by the jobcentre for advertising that we wanted an older person, maybe 50+, and they needed to be physically fit, as it involved lifting.... by the time they filtered out our requirements, we got all manner of people who really didn't even want the job.

i'm lucky, i was officially unemployed for 3 hours in 1988, and have been in a job ever since.

Sloth
29-06-10, 04:41 PM
lol @ fjf, its a massage of the register..... thing is the new govt is scrapping thenm asap as they dont work and cost stack loads. you wont get taken on at all. if i was you use it to apply for other stuff mate.

NL, stage 3 huh? ;)

mowgli
29-06-10, 04:55 PM
what about the new scheme to relocate unemployed council tenants to areas of higher employment that put out last week??

the labour lot seemed to think it was grossly unfair & an old 80's tory thing........just how out of touch are the labour party?????

if the well is dry, you go looking for a new well!!!!!!!!

why are so many poles over here in the first place??? they wanted to move to where there was paying work!!!!!

GDN16v
29-06-10, 04:59 PM
why are so many poles over here in the first place??? they wanted to move to where there was paying work!!!!!
Not all but most want to move here to get the benefits that they dont get in their own conutry!:roll:

BTW is this thread not supposed to be about peoples fears lollollollol

mowgli
29-06-10, 05:01 PM
NL started on about coming back from his holidays & then a new work thing..... i imagine he isn't frightened of work, but he changed the topic a but, cos he isn't frightened of horrible fiery plane crashes anymore

GDN16v
29-06-10, 05:02 PM
NL started on about coming back from his holidays & then a new work thing..... i imagine he isn't frightened of work, but he changed the topic a but, cos he isn't frightened of horrible fiery plane crashes anymore

Now...snakes on a plane is a whole new fear!lollollol

mowgli
29-06-10, 05:18 PM
no, it was the crappest film concept ever.........let the internet invent a movie......

Richie_B
29-06-10, 10:07 PM
Not a fan of the dentist. Not a fear, but also don't like buttons lol, mainly stray ones or on other peoples gear lol

mowgli
30-06-10, 10:33 AM
Not a fan of the dentist. Not a fear, but also don't like buttons lol, mainly stray ones or on other peoples gear lol

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:vrNk7j_CSIisFM:http://autoracingworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jenson_button1.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://autoracingworld.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jenson_button1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://autoracingworld.wordpress.com/2009/07/&usg=__rxlykVOOe6gKByPoI9R6-iwGsfE=&h=500&w=361&sz=33&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=vrNk7j_CSIisFM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djenson%2Bbutton%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%2 6tbs%3Disch:1)????

mr5050
30-06-10, 10:41 AM
i only fear death.... and dinner round her parents house lol

mayhem
30-06-10, 11:17 AM
there's nothing to fear about death, it will happen, no matter what you do.so why be scared about it.