PDA

View Full Version : fuel economy

djshaggeh
29-04-10, 02:02 PM
So I've been planning on building an e16 turbo I've collected the majority of the parts. However my missus has to move back to her mums to help her out with the mortage. Her mother lives about 80 miles away round trip.

I know its a long shot as there isn't any e16 turbos about, but what sort of fuel economy am I going to get compaired to an XE? The last thing I want to do is build it and not be able to afford to run it. If needs be I'll sell what I've got and go down the XE route.

Cheers in advance :thumb:

mowgli
29-04-10, 02:12 PM
well, if you run round at part throttle, then it will be similar to std, ie. 30mpg round town, nearer 40 on runs, but if you hit the loud pedal, then as low as 20mpg, i reckon...

pretty similar to the xe i'd say

or get a f13wr box, and get 45+ on long trips, like i get

djshaggeh
29-04-10, 02:44 PM
F13WR sounds like the way forward. The roads on the way to the missus mums house are a great mix and blend of dual carriage ways, b roads and humped back bridges. So I probobly won't be able to resist hitting the load pedal every now and then.

Cheers for the quick reply Mowgli. One more thing as I cba to start a new thread although its a bit off topic.

Whats the difference between a rising rate FPR and an adjustable FPR?

Stuart
29-04-10, 03:08 PM
technicaly an adjustable FPR will have a fixed preddure (say 3Bar) and hold that all the way up the rev range (with boost or vacuum)

a rising rate one will increase from say 3 bar to 4bar depending on boost levels. AKA a pikey way to get extra fuel in lol

djshaggeh
29-04-10, 03:52 PM
Nice one Stuart, +rep for the pair of you :)

Jack
29-04-10, 06:52 PM
Hmm. Turbo = more air. More air = more fuel. More fuel = less MPG. lol