PDA

View Full Version : yet another let starting problem

turbo-boy
28-04-10, 09:31 PM
hello there i have been doing a let convertion on my nova and i can get it to start. its had a full engine rebuild.the problem i hav is i cant get a spark,fuel pump works and injectors are clicking it just not sparking hav tried new crank sensor dizzy set up ,coil and amp,also check the wires in the loom for broken wires but i did not find any.when im cranking it the rev counter is working.i hav checked all the earths also,im starting to think it the pj ecu i hav got that might be duffed,but if it is why is my fuel pump priming and rev counter working.would a doggei air flow meter cause it not to spark?cheers

let_nova
28-04-10, 09:32 PM
fuel pump relay?

turbo-boy
28-04-10, 09:44 PM
never tried one as when its cranks the fuel pump is working.would that affect the spark

comptoncj
28-04-10, 09:47 PM
Fuel pump relay controls alot more than the fuel pump buddy caused me a nightmare on an engine that wouldnt run of mine!

turbo-boy
28-04-10, 09:53 PM
i might try one in it just thought it was control by the ecu just for fuel.if i do get one and it starts easy fix

krobinson
28-04-10, 10:49 PM
Could be the relay, it controls spark and fuel.

Sounds a strange one to be honest, if the fuel pump is fireing then it's getting a signal from the crank sensor. It could be the ECU. If you were closer you could borrow my ECU.

turbo-boy
29-04-10, 08:03 AM
yea i no keithits strange i got the ecu near your part of town. its a pj one that had chips in it but they where taking out just hope all the stanard chips are in it,going to check fuel relay first then if i hav no joy im going to open up the ecu to make sure the chips are in it

bmxalex
29-04-10, 09:28 PM
did you try a genuin crank sensor ?? had problem with one at work after market did not work but genuin did

turbo-boy
30-04-10, 09:25 PM
now the one i hav in it at the min is the plastic type but i tryied one from my old car which is the propper metal type one and it did nothing.i flash the ecu and it came up with o2 heated wire and idle control valve fault. i think the ecu is duff it was fitted with phase 2 chips but owner took them out and put the stanard chips in.im thinking maybe he has put them into the wrong place i opened up the ecu to hav a look a see one with the code 221 i think but the other i can see the number on the sticker cause he has wrote a and b on them

craig green
30-04-10, 09:40 PM
As said, if you have a working fuel pump when cranking, the crank sensor must be OK. Can you try another dizzy to rule out the hall sensor?
ECU sounds dodgy too, likewise try another for ruling out that component.

I have no clue about C20LEt ECU's, but some are immobilised? Would this be the case with the PJ type?

Do any wires on the loom look like an aftermarket alarm may have been removed, thus leaving a cut wire?

krobinson
30-04-10, 09:57 PM
I'd be fairly confident its the ECU, the standard chips could be wrongly fitted and or fried.

turbo-boy
02-05-10, 05:20 PM
got it sorted lads it was the ecu i think the spark chip may be fitted worng just need to no what way they go in

david dixon
03-05-10, 09:14 PM
post a pic and i'll tell you!
were the chips that were fitted copies or eds?

David.

turbo-boy
03-05-10, 10:24 PM
as far as im aware they are the standard chips in it. the ecu i got has phase chips init but owner took them out and put the stanard ones back into it,

david dixon
03-05-10, 10:41 PM
sounds a bit strange to me but try posting a pic and i'll have a look

David.