PDA

View Full Version : Air Horns on Throttle bodies, does size matter?

pastry
28-04-10, 10:23 AM
Hi,

As I was reading to Gareth C 's project, I saw that he's got really long air trumpets for his TB's. (120 mm).
I know that longer air trupets encrease the torgue, and shorter ones for the engine power. So if you think logical, you should take largerest pair of air trumpets you can find, to pull a better 1/4 or 1/8 mile.

But is it always a must to get larger trumpets (torque) for a better result on the strip? What I mean is, since I'm going use lighter flywheel (3,5 kg), with a F20 with spaire, should you have more torque to preform better on the strip?

I hope you understand the question.

cheers.

Ben
28-04-10, 10:26 AM
I assume the engine is going in a Nova? In which you are limited to the size you can run without removing the bulkhead.

Its all about getting a good balance and depends what you are using the car for, if its purely built for sprinting or just going to do it a couple of times a year.

pastry
28-04-10, 10:38 AM
Yes I drive a C20XE in my nova, removing the Bulkhead is nog problem.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh250/pastryz20let/Corsa%20GSI/DSCN0001.jpg

As you see on the picture I drive with a Lexmaul and and have pleny of space. I only sprint in the season of course, but when I go (mostly Germany)
I drive 12 laps a day.. and that about 14 days.
But does balacance have to do with the size of you air trumpets?

(off topic: your living in Antwerpen?, I work in Schilde ;) )

Ben
28-04-10, 10:40 AM
I actually live in Borsbeek, my office i work from is in Wijnegem just around the corner from Schilde!