PDA

View Full Version : Damm car

jatinder
25-04-03, 05:44 PM
Bloody car

grinding my arches 2 day to get the back alloys on and its still rubbing how can i tell at which points its rubbing, putting chalk on the arch and seing were it get on the tyre any ideas

It rubbs if i accelerate hard and deep bumps need to get it sorted whats the best selent for the arches anyway.

Any help will be appriciated thanxs

Alex
25-04-03, 05:57 PM
i used waxoil and i haven't had any problems yet. Is it rubbing on both wheels or just one?

jatinder
25-04-03, 06:11 PM
well the right hand side more but occassionally the left one does could it be the chock absorber cove coz i cant really see any marks on the outside of the wheel

ade
26-04-03, 02:36 AM
are your tyre walls curved?

My rear drivers tyre rubs (60mm drop). Its rubbed so much, I dont have the manufacturer details on the side. It only rubs now when someones in the back!

Wot sized wheels you got?
Are they the correct offset?

the best way to work out where theyre rubbing is fit them, get someone to sit in the back of the car and then assess the gap when the tyre goes up the arch. If you cant feel a gap its gonna be the lip.

Failing thal, it'll be the inner arch (shock) You can carefully knoch it back. You should be able to see a scuff mark where its been catching.

The wheel will rub it you hard accelerate coz the momentum will force the car back and the suspension will drop in the back forcing the wheel up the arch.

As for sealing it, use hammerite - thing is, if its rubbing, that'll soo waer away (thats if its rubbing on the bit thats been gound away)...

jatinder
27-04-03, 11:47 AM
Thanx ade ill have a look this week the cars off the road coz i get paid at the end of the week and have no money for my tax n insurance at the mo