PDA

View Full Version : exhuats resting on handbrake cable!

shanehandley
25-04-03, 05:41 PM
does any1 elses do this. ive got a pp4 fiited and it rests on handbrake cable, and if drive fast over speed bumps it clonks is this unsafe.

shane.

burgo
25-04-03, 05:44 PM
u sure u got all ur rubber mounts fitted and surly the simple idea and the whole point is drive slowly over the speed humps

Fester
25-04-03, 07:08 PM
i have this problem at the moment but the cable is hitting the exhast right up underneath where the handle is

havnt had time to sort things its pissing me off!

techie
25-04-03, 08:06 PM
My handbrake cable is rubbing on the exhaust just by the fuel tank.

Fester
25-04-03, 11:22 PM
i have that too you can see where the cable outer is wearing away

sounds and looks like a well crap design!

mikeoxford
25-04-03, 11:53 PM
:roll: mine also

investingating it tomorow as its only just developed

supernova1983
26-04-03, 12:03 PM
i have problem too the noise is annoying wil it cause long term trouble like wear away cable i am gonna get sorted just when

locky
26-04-03, 03:35 PM
Ooh, ooh and me!
Iv tried sorting it, but the cable seems 2 tension up 2 much!

Fester
26-04-03, 04:07 PM
i thought the main problem was underneath the fuel tank where you can see the cable outer has worn away so i cable tied the handbrake cable to the exhaust at this point and went out (temporary measure) to see if it was this area causing the noise

nope it wasnt, the problem for me is a lot further up and you can even feel it through the handbrake cable.

the 'be arsed' factor for this is well high unless someones got a fix for this im just gonna take it somewhere, already spent too long on it with no results

stugsi
26-04-03, 05:36 PM
me to me to had the same problem but i sorted mine :wink:

i was so mad i just went and had a plowflow middle system fitted and told them i want it bent where the exhaust catches the handbrake

never had a problem since :D