PDA

View Full Version : Mk2 Heater Controls

roblings
25-04-03, 04:26 PM
I need to fix the heater control knob that lets you select where to blow the air, as it only blows on my feet. Not particularly useful when the windscreen is steamed up!

I don't really want to rip the whole dash out if possible, but I can't seem to get to the controls any other way. I tried getting in from the top, but the bit with the vents/clock/hazard switch didn't seem to come off, even when all visible screws were removed.

Does anyone know how to get in there??

Rob

James B
25-04-03, 04:33 PM
pull it mate, as you do try get a screwdriver, little one though, down either side of it, (left and right)

should come free

Nova-Flair
25-04-03, 04:34 PM
have you took off the plastic over that goes around the top of the clocks as well m8? and the screw that is behind the left hand side vent?

roblings
25-04-03, 04:51 PM
Yeah, took off the cover over the clocks.

That screw behind the left hand side vent sounds like my problem!

Will just go and have a look now.

Cheers.

Rob

brian
25-04-03, 06:51 PM
are you sure it hasn't just slipped off the heater box? the cable is to the left of the clutch.

mikeoxford
25-04-03, 11:19 PM
are you sure it hasn't just slipped off the heater box? the cable is to the left of the clutch.

i had the plastic clip on the end of the cable / arm break

ade
26-04-03, 02:38 AM
To get my top centre cover off (mk2) - I had to remove my dash cowling! Its all linked.

Sounds like the cable that adjusts the heater angle has come off (or snapped) - or if you cant turn it maybe fouling on summut.

Ade