PDA

View Full Version : SR cam in 1.2spi

Nova-Flair
25-04-03, 04:23 PM
i may be aquiring an SR cam to go into my 1.2i and was wondering if n e one know if its a straight fit etc with it being a from a carb engine and going into an injection one?

Aragorn
25-04-03, 10:16 PM
no it will drop streight in

i would however reccomend either new rockers or the rockers from the engine your getting the cam from

and also fitting an SRi exhaust manifold and downpipe and GTE center section will help it breathe a lot better and also dump the cat

be warned - do NOT fit that cam if the lambda sensor aint connected (ie youve got an SR to GTE exhaust manifold) because you'll end up melting your pistons - the SRi manifold is the only suitable one as its the only one with the port for the lambda

scott5
25-04-03, 10:21 PM
whave u checked what sort of condition the sr cam is in because if its worn it might actually be worse than the one u've got.

mikeoxford
25-04-03, 11:13 PM
i would however reccomend either new rockers or the rockers from the engine your getting the cam from

its not a recommendation its a MUST

u MUST either get new ones or use the ones that match the cam

Nova-Flair
26-04-03, 12:06 AM
is there n e other type of manifold that would do apart from the SRi?

what bhp figure would all this add upto?

geordie_racer
26-04-03, 01:06 PM
im using a gsi manifold but ive made a hole for the lamda sensor by drilling the manifold and welding a nut in 4 the lamda sensor to screw into

Aragorn
27-04-03, 12:09 AM
the later GSi manifolds from the dispac engines had lambda probes too (infact was the same manifold as the SRi) the GTE (early gsi) or SR ones can be drilled and have a nut welded in place as he states

the SRi is prolly the best bet as the lambda is at the optimal position in the manifold for good operation

Nova-Flair
27-04-03, 12:46 AM
cheers for your help lads........n e one got an SRI manifold :D

mikeoxford
27-04-03, 01:06 AM
cheers for your help lads........n e one got an SRI manifold :D

as aragorn says you can use an SR manifold, but will need to modify it slightly by welding a nut on it

i have two of the SR ones if u want one