PDA

View Full Version : lineing gears up

robert_novaj611
27-04-10, 12:13 AM
hey i am haveing problems geting my gears inline on my f 13 box lol a can get some gears but cant get into 5th and wen i put it into reverse i can go forward haha could some one please help :d

cheers robert

djbrowney
27-04-10, 12:17 AM
on the back of the gearbox (tunnel where the linakge/selector is connected to) there will be a little black plug, pull this plug out and slide a 5mm drill bit in the hole. you well have to wiggle the selector but it will lock the gearbox up. then go inside and push the stick hard over to the passenger side (not into reverse) in the neutral position. nip the linkage up and hey presto you will have all your gears lol

total_vauxhall
27-04-10, 12:24 AM
on the back of the gearbox (tunnel where the linakge/selector is connected to) there will be a little black plug, pull this plug out and slide a 5mm drill bit in the hole. you well have to wiggle the selector but it will lock the gearbox up. then go inside and push the stick hard over to the passenger side (not into reverse) in the neutral position. nip the linkage up and hey presto you will have all your gears lol
same idea but on some of the boxes the plug is a sort of pink colour and has a spring behind it so rather than using the good old 5mm bit you can just push the plug in over just depends on what box it is . dj brownys way works 100% aswell though:thumb:

total_vauxhall
27-04-10, 12:30 AM
i have sort of same problem with my xe nova running an f13 box were as you have to push the stick down and to the left to get reverse on mine you also have to push the stick down and to the right to get 5th . tryed every thing but have never managed to sort is i think its due to the f13 not using the gearbox spacers . going to have to resort to cutting the white plastic off the right hand side of the gearstick i thing so it comes all the way over without pushing it down.

djbrowney
27-04-10, 07:57 AM
your running an f13 on a 20xe engine ???? whats wrong with the f20 ????

nova-taken
27-04-10, 02:56 PM
your running an f13 on a 20xe engine ???? whats wrong with the f20 ????

Seconded! :confused::wtf:

total_vauxhall
27-04-10, 05:33 PM
f13 cr box accelerates to 120mph like holy f*** far doos the f20 might be alot quicker top end but you tell me a public high way in the uk i can drive my nova that quick and ill fit an f20 . already had this discusion on here tens of time and iirc quite a few people on here have now put f13 boxes on there xe motors . and as for the f13 not been able to handle the power from an xe . i can tell you of plenty of nova gsi's gte's out there over 150 bhp and they run f13 boxes. p.s i have had the same box and the same standard 1.5 td shafts in the car for the last 4 years was also running a 75 shot of nos at one stage. so plenty of reasons actualy to fit an f13 each to there own .

MARTIN KELSON
27-04-10, 06:34 PM
I always thought that the code meaning on the gearbox stood for the maximum torque it could handle
ie: F13 - 130lb/ft
F20 - 200lb/ft
Sure i read that somewhere, but probably completly wrong!!

So surely an F13 box would be right on the limit of what an XE would chuck at it?

Martin

General Baxter
27-04-10, 06:36 PM
its ok, you wont need 5th, as it will be all over the road soon anyway lol

Damo
27-04-10, 08:19 PM
I always thought that the code meaning on the gearbox stood for the maximum torque it could handle
F20 - 200lb/ft

So surely an F13 box would be right on the limit of what an XE would chuck at it?

Martin

Martin i think that there was a disscution somewhere wdere it was dicided that the torque rating as you related to was a load of to55 but i could be wrong.

Damo.

total_vauxhall
27-04-10, 10:49 PM
F20 - 200lb/ft

Martin

oviusly an old wifes tale as i have already stated have run the same box for 4 years without killing it . mabey give it to a young chav who likes doing reverse to first in macy d's car park all night and then yea it might be a problems .

robert_novaj611
28-04-10, 01:31 AM
i tryed that putting it over to the passenger side but it didnt work were bowts is the black plug eny more ideas :d

cheers robert

total_vauxhall
29-04-10, 12:46 AM
i tryed that putting it over to the passenger side but it didnt work were bowts is the black plug eny more ideas :d

cheers robert the plug is on the back of the turrent on the top of box mate