PDA

View Full Version : Vectra buying...

Shaun
26-04-10, 01:18 PM
Im looking into buying a diesel vectra for work as I travel a good 40 mins each way to work up the motorway.

What do i need to look out for?

Not wanting to spend much ideally as rather spend funds on the nova at the moment lol

I spotted this one:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201016357430375/sort/priceasc/usedcars/fuel-type/diesel/price-to/2000/page/5/radius/60/postcode/pl72gs?logcode=p

Good price?

let_nova
26-04-10, 02:39 PM
back bushes, known to wear quite a lot and not that cheap to replace.

puss puss
26-04-10, 03:23 PM
if you can afford it 1.9 cdti goes really well fiat engine iirc :)

Sturge
26-04-10, 10:50 PM
I've got the sri 130, nice car, relatively quick, decent on fuel and comfy for doing miles, I've done 2000 this month lol

As said, suspension and steering should be checked, other than that not a lot to worry about

1.3sr_kane
26-04-10, 11:02 PM
be VERY CAREFUL with the diesel pumps. some are ok as they dont need to be coded if it packs up. but some of them do and can end up quite expensive! but like been said suspension is always s**t on them. rear bushes arent expensive if your good with a spanner as you can uy the proper tool to do them. but if your no grease monkey they can be expensive. i would recommend looking through some vectra owner clubs for good cars. as enthusiasts tend to be best to buy off. but its pot luck really.

good luck in your search..