PDA

View Full Version : Let nova tax/insurance help

Shaun
26-04-10, 11:24 AM
Hi guys,

My nova will be insured hopefully over this week as the c20let, my problem is that ,my logbook says 1.2 at the moment.

I have sent the logbook off for dvla to change to the new engine.

Can I use the car in the meantime ie- Taxing it as a 1.2 until logbook comes through and they charge me the extra once they have swapped it?

Or do i have to wait another 4 weeks or so for the logbook to come back??

Please Help :)

Jack
26-04-10, 12:47 PM
£10 says they send the log book back without the change done lol

You can't drive the car until you have the correct tax. Your best bet would have been to go to the local DVLA office - there's one in Exeter. Trust me, the girls behind the counter are very much worth the trip!! They can re-issue you a tax disc and send off the logbook for you there and then, meaning you can drive the car straight away. When I did mine, the logbook came back in about a week or so.

Shaun
26-04-10, 01:20 PM
Cheers Jack,

Heard about the girls in there lol

Well i said have sent, its in envelope ready to go..

So can I drive the car there or do I need go there another way?

Shaun

Shaun
26-04-10, 01:22 PM
Or

You saying buy a 1.2 disc, then drive to exeter. they will change it and charge the extra when im there? also sending my logbook off?

discoinferno
26-04-10, 03:47 PM
i paid for a tax disc for the old 1.0 on line drove to dvla in cardiff, gave them the v5 had to change the address anyways as well as the engine change they charged me the extra and re issued me the disc with the correct price

Shaun
26-04-10, 03:49 PM
legend, cheers fella!

Jack
26-04-10, 04:01 PM
You really ought to get there another way, as the tax won't be right until you've swapped it for one with the correct rate of duty

Stuart
27-04-10, 04:31 PM
must be a common thing for DVLA offices as the girls at the Chelmsford one are very muchly worth the trip too lol

Ben
28-04-10, 09:35 AM
And the one in bristol there worth seeing, i reckon the head of hr is a bit of a sex pest.