PDA

View Full Version : dropping oil

Dave
25-04-03, 11:18 AM
have a problem am loosing oil out the exhaust, no big clouds just small drops. is it head gasket, rings or something else??
water colour is fine an oil cap is clear if gunk not overly bothered unless it gets a lot worse as hopefully only keepin the car for a couple more weeks any ideas??

Dicko
25-04-03, 11:22 AM
oil out the exhuast? eh lol

you mean smoke?

how much oil is it using and if it smokes what are the characteristics?

does it do it all the time, is it white, blue, black :s

is there any mayonaise shit on ur oil cap, is there any oil in ur cooling water.

if you let the engine warm up then drive around for a while, leave it to tick over for 5 mins then floor it to you fill the area with a shedload of white smoke?

Dave
25-04-03, 11:26 AM
no oil not smoke when i looked on the wall weher i park my car up to there is a big patch of oil splatter on the wall thought it was petrol from over fueling but looked a bit closer an it's oil onlky usual white smoke on cold start up nothing when goin along

dh dev
25-04-03, 11:29 AM
u sure it's not just carbon mixing with the water in the exhaust system. that can sometimes leave a black splatter on walls and the ground?

Dicko
25-04-03, 11:32 AM
yea it will be carbon out ya exhaust mixing with water/steam. i must admit it does look like oil and can be a bugger to wash off but if u put water on it it doesnt give that silly waxy look with rainbow colours like oil?

Dave
25-04-03, 11:41 AM
cheers guys :oops:
looks like i've got an oil leak somewhere else then! will have to steam here down an see where it's comin from