PDA

View Full Version : xe help ready

bainyboy sr
25-04-10, 06:19 PM
rite i recently got my old nova back with 16 bent valves, which isnt to good, along with it looking like like **** , any ways i got a really cheap good xe engine but its not a coil pack engine like the one thats in nova, its the late dizzy engine wth oil cooler , my question is can i fit the coil pack on the new engine is this possible and just a case of swapping the bits over ?

Nobby
25-04-10, 06:28 PM
rite i recently got my old nova back with 16 bent valves, which isnt to good, along with it looking like like **** , any ways i got a really cheap good xe engine but its not a coil pack engine like the one thats in nova, its the late dizzy engine wth oil cooler , my question is can i fit the coil pack on the new engine is this possible and just a case of swapping the bits over ?
yes but you will need to swap the exhaust cams over as the dizzy cam needs the pin slot for the dizzy drive :thumb:

bainyboy sr
25-04-10, 06:33 PM
yes but you will need to swap the exhaust cams over as the dizzy cam needs the pin slot for the dizzy drive :thumb:

is that all that needs doing then? thanks for the help much apprecitated

Nobby
25-04-10, 06:45 PM
i think so mate not 100% the head and block are all the same its just the ancillaries that are differernt

MattBrown
25-04-10, 06:56 PM
Yes, so I can see anyways

And yup swap the cam over:)

bainyboy sr
25-04-10, 06:58 PM
thats great guys thanks il let yous bo how i get on

david dixon
25-04-10, 07:08 PM
iirc the TB isn't the same and you would need the loom, ecu, cam sensor, inlet pipe with air temp sensor etc

David.

bainyboy sr
25-04-10, 07:14 PM
iirc the TB isn't the same and you would need the loom, ecu, cam sensor, inlet pipe with air temp sensor etc

David.

have it all mate , changing the inlet the lot mate

Damo
25-04-10, 09:20 PM
Shouldnt think you would have to change the cam if you were swapping from dissy to coilpack only the other way round?

Lee H
25-04-10, 09:22 PM
Dizzy cam doesn't have the threaded hole in the end to bolt the sensor on thats on the coilpack cam.