PDA

View Full Version : 3 Door Nova Doors

bad_boy_nova
25-04-03, 09:17 AM
1 thing that pisses me off about my 3 door nova is the fact that the window in the door is in 2 pieces (a quarter and a bit that u can wind up and down) Why didnt they make it so that the whole window can be wound down as 1 piece? Do any other 3 door novas have doors where the window is just 1 window that all winds down? Cheers! Lee

ade
25-04-03, 11:42 AM
yep - all have split front windows on doors.

Think its some kind of basic strengthening device for door (remember novas are pretty old).

If it bothers you that much, price up a customer window laminate!

Cost ya a bomb but could look smart...

bad_boy_nova
25-04-03, 12:09 PM
Well, how do you explain 5 door hatchback novas? The front doors on them dont have split windows, but the back doors do! Its a shame the front doors off a 5 door nova wont fit a 3 door nova!

Freak
25-04-03, 01:57 PM
i cant b botherd to repost pics and an explanation of this.search back through the forum and there are posts on this subject.

i built my doors with one piece glass (on a 3 door) and it was major ball ache. dip y2k has had the same problems.

metro glass or custom glass (Plus one other secret one;)) plus a lot of cutting fiddling bashing and a bit of welding- as for the leccy mechanism and the runners for the front of the glass.... :o

need about three different types of seals also from three different cars- need lots off modding.

only attempt it if u have severe patience and logical thinking.

even when its done its nowbhere near like factory nova ones are.

privatepie
25-04-03, 11:09 PM
Well, how do you explain 5 door hatchback novas? The front doors on them dont have split windows, but the back doors do! Its a shame the front doors off a 5 door nova wont fit a 3 door nova!
they have split windows 2 clear the wheel arch at the bac

blingmachine
25-04-03, 11:20 PM
when vauxhall first designed the nova it had one peace windows, but inorder to cut production costs they used a quater light so that they only had to produce square windows which was far cheaper than the shaped ones.

burgo
26-04-03, 11:34 AM
stingy bustards

avon_nova
26-04-03, 09:29 PM
This used to be my GTE.

As far as I know it was the first to get the 1 piece windows done. I used the metro windows which I told a few people about after a lot of persuasion!

As freak says it is a fukin nightmare to do :evil:

There were a couple of threads about this but they are a few years old now! Good hunting..

http://www.e-hq.co.uk/info/dpjservices/store/My%20GTE.jpg

mikeoxford
27-04-03, 12:57 AM
:lol: its about the only original mod i havent seen in the flesh replicated yet!

djp_y2k
27-04-03, 01:35 PM
This mad does take a lot of time and effort and lots of research.

I had it nearly sorted, but never actually got round to finishing it.

My girlfriend is buying a nova now, so I will carry it on with hers maybe.

ade
27-04-03, 02:23 PM
lol m8 - you aint even finished your off yet and already yer butchiering yer gf's

That an addicted modder for ya!

You got any more pics of the interior yet?

:D

mikeoxford
27-04-03, 04:59 PM
I had it nearly sorted, but never actually got round to finishing it.

finnish it on the beast!!!!